Two

Kyuteuk 100 Themes Challenge!

  Okay, a little note at the beginning of this one as well. ^^; This one has some profanity in it so I hope you don't mind. It's still cute though! :P No angst in this one. ^-^ Hope you like it!


  Leeteuk is the school's most popular student while Cho Kyuhyun is the troublemaking son of a gangster. No one knows what Kyuhyun looks like though because he's always wearing that damn mask. The only thing you could see were those two, very beautiful eyes.

  So how did Leeteuk find him with it off?


  Kyuhyun walked down the hallway with his tie undone and shirt untucked in some places, obviously breaking school dress code but no one seemed to be man enough to tell him. That was what he liked.

  Fixing his mask as he walked to class, he noticed some commotion in the next hallway as he turned into it. He rolled his eyes once he figured out what was happening and just kept walking. Kyuhyun knew exactly who was standing in the middle of the crowd of students (mostly females) as they signed up for the school talent show.

  It was Park Jungsu, better known as Leeteuk, the school's most popular student.

  To be honest, Kyuhyun always told himseld he could care less about him, but he always found himself thinking about the older when his mind wasn't busy. He always tried to push those thoughts away though whenever he got the chance, trying to deny whatever his heart was trying to tell him. Being raised as the son of a gangster, he was told falling in love would make him weak and useless, and the weak and useless were no longer needed. So he hid behind his mask, covering up whatever emotions would give his "weakness" away to any other members of his father's group.

  As he continued down the halls and made his way to first hour math class, he found himself wondering what exactly Leeteuk was going to do in the talent show.

  He knew himself that he wanted to take part, though he'd never tell anyone, not even his closest friends because they'd think he was weird. 

  Sitting at his desk and putting his feet on top, he thought deeply about how he could join the talent show. Well, it did call the participants by numbers, and no one would know it was him since he might take his mask off? He was so deep in thought he didn't notice the lesson had started until everyone was leaving for second hour.

  Picking up his things, he moved on to the next class and this continued for the rest of the day until school ended. 

  After putting all his things in his locker, having skipped the last three hours, all he held in his hand was a pen as he walked down the hallway. He could feel people's eyes on him as he turned his way into another hallway. Two eyes, one pair, all looking at him in curiosity.

  Again, he could honestly care less what other people thought about what he was about to do. 

  Stopping in front of the sign-up sheet he skillfully wrote his name in the the line before sighing to himself and turning around. He blinked as he noticed people were starting to crowd around the poster and shook his head.

  "Let me through." he said and instantly the crowd of student opened up to let him through. Flipping his pen through the air as he walked, student's tried to peek under his mask, but to no avail. So they were left to watch his retreating back as he walked down the hallway. Kyuhyun could feel a different stare among the students but didn't look back. He didn't know who it was, and therefore, he didn't care. (Hint-Hint: It's Leeteuk.)

+++++++++++++++++++++

  "Why the hell would you sign up for something like that!?" Kyuhyun's father yelled as he threw the table against the wall. The teenager stood unflinching though, used to outbursts like this now. He rolled his eyes behind his mask as he stood in the small room.

  "Because, I wanted to." he said. As his father heard this, he walked up to his son and ripped off his mask, slapping his face as it dropped to the floor. Kyuhyun's cheek was turning pink from the force as he kept his head turned to face the wall. He knew better than to look back into his father's eyes when he was this angry.

  "Now listen here Kyuhyun, you're not supposed to make yourself known to anyone."

  "Well guess what!" Kyuhyun yelled as he turned to face his dad, hands clenched into fists at his side. "Everyone already knows my name! They just don't know what I look like because of that ing mask!" 

  With that, he ripped open the door and stormed out of the room.

+++++++++++++++++++++

  Just two weeks later, it was finally the day of the talent show. Ever since he had stormed out of his father's office, Kyuhyun had to use his other mask since he left it there.

  Everyone was surprised to find him wearing a white mask instead of his normal black one. Some people even had the guts to ask him why. Whenever they asked, he would just look at them and roll his eyes before making up some excuse. He didn't have to tell anyone about his "daddy issues".

 To say Kyuhyun was nervous about the show was an understatement. He knew that after this night, his father may never treat him the same again but he, once again, found himself not caring. His father never really cared about him, just the profit he could make with Kyuhyun.

  As for Leeteuk, Kyuhyun has heard him practicing once or twice when he stayed behind after school to study or just hang around. He thought that the other's voice was really good, and that was something coming fom a musical genius such as himself. Though of course, Kyuhyun's father didn't know about his musical talents.

  Now he was nervously standing backstage as a female student did a cheer routine with her friends. Next was Leeteuk, who stood next to him quietly texting on his phone. 

  On the outside, Kyuhyun looked cool, stoic, and maybe even a bit angry at how his fists were clenching and unclenching at his sides. It was just a way for him to relieve himself of his nervousness.

  A dull cheer came from the crowd as the girls finished, the main cheerleader having failed to perfectly execute her last jump.

  "Next contestant is number 29!" the announcer called out and Leeteuk put his phone away, and put a smile on his face. For a moment, Kyuhyun could feel the other's eyes on him and turned to face the other. Both of their eyes met and Kyuhyun felt his face heating up behind his mask. He didn't know why this was happening but just as quick as it came, it was gone, and Leeteuk was on stage.

  Shaking his head to remove himself from his trance-like state, Kyuhyun waited and listened for Leeteuk to start singing.

  He was surprised at how much the older had improved since those nights he would listen to his practice in the abandoned number 3 music room. Bobbing his head in time with the beat slowly, he recognized the song as something popular they played on the radio.

  He was finally woken again from another trance-like state as the crowd cheered loudly, and the judges took their scores. Leeteuk just smiled at the crowd before moving off the stage and making his way the hallway for some unknown reason.

  "Finally, our last contestant, number 30!" 

  Kyuhyun gulped before his shaky hands reached behind his head to untie his mask. The smooth white of the plastic was soft against his pale fingertips, before he finally took it off and sat it on the ground.

  "Contestant 30?" the announcer called out in a confused voice. Damn, he was taking too long.

  Taking a slow breath, Kyuhyun pushed away any nervousness he had before, and replaced it with confidence he didn't even know he had. His trade-mark smirk that no one usually saw was on his features before it was replaced with a serious look.

  As he finally made his way onto the brightly lit stage, the crowd went quiet confusion written on their faces as well. He heard whispers of 'who's that?' and 'I've never seen him before.'. Many of the female students had already starting zeroing in on his features, instantly labeling him as a new target for their "desires" or whatever sort. 

  He didn't pay attention to them though, and after breathing in deeply, he took the mic in his hand and started singing. 

  It was a song his mother had sang to him as a child. A slow song that had to be sung perfectly or it would sound wrong. And sing it perfectly he did. Kyuhyun had a voice no one believed was possible to achieve, and as he sang, people kept trying to look into his eyes to figure out who he was. He had to be a student because it was a student-wide competition. They'd never seen this boy before, or at least, not his face.

  When he finally finished the song, he put the mic back in its place. He didn't expect any applause but was surprised as everyone started clapping and cheering. Smiling a small smile of thankfulness, he waved slightly and ran off the stage.

+++++++++++++++++++++

  Contestants 14, 29, and 30 stood on the stage as the three finalists for the talent show.

  "And our runner up is...number 14, Jessica Jung!" the announcer yelled. Kyuhyun looked down the line past Leeteuk to Jessica, who jumped up and down with a smile on her face as he friends hugged her happily after running up on stage. Once she was off the stage, only Kyuhyun and Leeteuk were left.

  "Now, our winner of this years annual SM High Talent Show is..." Anticipation was killing both contestants as they both looked towards each other slightly. Leeteuk smiled at Kyuhyun and the other just blinked before waving slightly back at him.

  "NUMBER 30, CHO KYUHYUN!!!" the announcer suddenly yelled and Kyuhyun's eyes widened as he whipped his head around to face the man. All the man did was smile at Kyuhyun as confetti fell down on both contestants. Awkward silence enveloped the auditorium for only a second before everyone got over their shock and started clapping loudly.

  Kyuhyun turned again to face Leeteuk only to find that the other was already looking at him.

  In the mess of confetti and cheering, Leeteuk stepped in front of him and grinned.

  "I knew you'd win. After all, you're a great singer." What happened next surprised Kyuhyun even more than the applause that thundered in his ears. Leeteuk's lips were pressed to his in front of the entire student body and he could swear he heard a million fangirl's hearts breaking, but also drooling at the scene. He could care less about what they thought though, as he found himself wrapping his arms around Leeteuk's neck and kissing back.

  Once they pulled apart, Kyuhyun was brought back down to Earth as he heard the clapping continue on. All the two boys did was stare into each other's eyes.

  Two pairs of two, very beautiful eyes reflected each other in the spotlight together on stage.


  So, was this one good? o u o; I hope so. T^T Sorry if you think any part of it is bad because of the profanity, but I've been in a bad mood and had to do something to release it I guess. Anyways, I'm better now, and guess what? I'm gonna go see the Lego Movie tomorrow! ^-^ It's gonna be awesome! 

  Anyways, again, I hope you liked the one-shot and another will be coming soon!

  Subscribing and comments are appreciated! Kamsahamnida~