Chapter 10

Gone 너만 없다
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The alarm rang and Hyerin’s hand reached out to turn it off. She groggily removed the covers off her. As usual, she shook Minseok and walked to the bathroom to freshen up. When she came out of the bathroom, Minseok was still in bed. She was worried that something had happened to him. She crawled onto the bed and observed him. His chest was still moving; he was alive. She shook him again and again, until he moved. He turned and saw her, and said with a hoarse voice, “Hyerin-ah, I’m not going to work today.”

“Oh,” she reacted with guilt, “I didn’t know. Sorry.” He smiled and knocked out again. He must have been tired from last night. Guiltily, she crawled off the bed and went downstairs for breakfast. Butler Song had prepared two sets of breakfast. “Butler Song, who is this for?” she looked at the extra set on the table. Butler Song looked flustered and hesitated before answering, “This is for the young master and you, madam.”

She was surprised by his answer. “Maybe you should keep his portion first. He’s not coming down anytime soon.” He still looked surprised by her reply. “I guess he didn’t tell you either,” she replied, “He barely woke up and told me that he wasn’t going to work today. I think I overworked him with my studies yesterday.” Butler Song was startled as he looked up to the bedroom. “I understand, madam. I will keep his portion then,” he replied. While Hyerin rushed her breakfast, Butler Song disappeared for a while before he kept Minseok’s set of breakfast and waited on her.

With her last-minute notes, she rushed into the car. “Where is the young master, madam?” Eric asked. “Did he tell nobody?” she asked aloud, confusing the chauffeur. “He’s not going to work today. Butler Song didn’t know this either.” Her pout was visible in the mirror. “Is everything alright, madam?”

“It’s my fault he stayed up late,” she answered, “He looked so tired this morning I could barely wake him up. Maybe I should call Luhan and ask him if Minseok has work. He shouldn’t be skipping work like that, even if it’s my fault.”

“I’m sure he has the day off, madam,” Eric tried to assure her, “The young master probably forgot to tell me because I did not see him yesterday.”

Hyerin was visibly worried still, but Eric started driving. She had an exam to be punctual for. She was barely aware that they had arrived at her school. “Good luck with your exam, madam,” Eric wished her, “What time shall I pick you up later?” She replied three hours and headed off to her examination hall.

Flipping over the paper, she smiled knowing that she could answer the questions she saw. Two hours into the paper and she was still going strong.

 

“Young master?” Butler Song went up to the bedroom and checked up on his master. He let out a sigh of relief when he stirred from his sleep. “Master, shall I prepare breakfast for you now?”

“Yes please,” he replied as Butler Song helped him to sit up. The young master still looked exhausted. “I will bring up the breakfast for you, sir.” Minseok nodded, “Hyerin left for her exam, right?”

“Yes sir,” Song replied. “I assume you canceled my shift today?” Minseok asked with a weak voice. Song bowed. “Thank you,” Minseok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter