Chapter 4

Gone 너만 없다
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two families met for the wedding rehearsal. Luhan and Jungah came along as the best man and maid-of-honor. Before the rehearsal, the latter couple decided to talk with Hyerin. There was an awkward silence as they sat in the green room. “I want to thank you, Hyerin-ah,” Jungah started. “I want to apologize first, for having dragged you into our mess. But I also want to thank you for agreeing to this. We are in your debt. If there is anything you need-”

“What’s done is done. I’m sure I have your blessing,” Hyerin said with a lifeless smile.

“Can I just ask for one more thing?” Luhan plucked up his courage. Hyerin looked at him. “Can I just ask for you to try loving him? I know this marriage is being formed based on a lot of resentment right now, but I hope that your marriage can take a good turn to become a relationship.”

“Luhan-ssi-“ “Please, call me oppa. I hope you can treat us like your family.” Hyerin hesitated, “Luhan-oppa, I don’t intend to stay mad at him forever. Sooner or later we will have to lean on each other as a couple.”

“You don’t get it,” Luhan sounded desperate, so he calmed himself down, “Minseok doesn’t believe in love right now, other than from his parents and I. All I’m asking is that you will show him the love that his parents share. GIVE him a love so that he wouldn’t reject.”

Hyerin was still confused, and so was Jungah. “Please,” Luhan calmed himself again, “Just stay with him. I know I sound like a lunatic right now. Both of you are staring at me like I’m a mad scientist –a really hot one. But I just don’t want to see you two have a stagnant relationship with barely any chemistry. I just want the best for my buddy. I’m sure there’s a reason he chose you.” Luhan’s eyes widened, remembering that she had overheard their conversation. “I MEAN- I DON’T MEAN-“

Hyerin’s face broke out with a smile. “I know you didn’t mean it, Luhan-ssi,” she said sweetly, “And I understand your intentions. I will try my best.” Luhan melted with a smile, “Thank you so much, Hyerin-ah. And call me oppa, ok?” She nodded.

 

Minseok’s head popped through the door before he stepped in. “What are you doing here? What are you talking about?” he looked like a curious boy.

“Nothing, just giving her some relationship advice,” Luhan joked.

“Oh please, you with your first girl ever.”

“Ouch, buddy,” Luhan feigned hurt, “You didn’t have to state that.” He held Jungah’s hand and left the couple in the room. Minseok looked back at Hyerin, not sure how to approach their deteriorating friendship. He was taken aback when he saw that smile he had always seen at her house. Somehow, his heart skipped and he felt lighter.

“Don’t worry, he just wanted to give us his blessings and his wish for us to be a real happy couple,” she said sweetly, “And I said I’ll try.”

“Really?” Minseok was in shock rather than in doubt.

“Yup,” she said casually and walked to him, “So don’t worry. Our marriage isn’t going to be an ice palace and your wife is not going to be the ice queen.” Her hands rose to fix his collar and tie. “Let’s just go back to what we were before? You’ll be the guy whose finds his escape at a piano and I’ll be that friend always enjoying your music.”

Minseok just stared at her with a slight frown. She looked up from his collar, wondering why he didn’t say anything. Her smile hadn’t left her face. Suddenly, Minseok pulled her closer with his arms around her. “Thank you,” he mumbled.

She smiled and pat his back. “You’re welcome. It takes two to clap remember? I’ll work as hard as you will. But…” Minseok frowned. “I’m not an easy woman,” she said and pulled away from him, “So don’t go hugging me all you like.”

He was speechless at her serious face. “I’m kidding,” she said. Embarrassed, he poked her forehead and pushed it slightly. She hit his chest but he grabbed her hand to pull her into the main hall.

 

 

 

The day itself had come. Both parties were trying to kill nerves individually. It wasn’t the ceremony that was killing them; it was the idea of a life-long commitment. “You know, you two do the same thing,” Luhan whispered to the groom. Minseok turned to l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter