ACT # 07

Mìng yùn (Destiny)
 ACT 07

--------------------------------------

All lights in the house were off when Rui arrived, she had dinner with her brother and Minhwan who surprised her by arriving a day earlier. Minhwan and Jaejin are Jonghun's bestfriends, they've been friends since they were four and the three were inseprable from then on, since the two are only child they treated Rui as their own sister and sometimes more protective than her own brother.

ring ring!!

Rui looks at her phone and the same unknown number kept calling her since dinner.

"Hello?"

"Rui? Thank goodness you picked up already!"

"Luhan?"

"Yeah, sorry for calling so late" she looks at the time and its already 11, "the guys and I were wondering if Kris is home already?"

"I don't think so, all lights were out when I arrived" she could sense the anxiousness in Luhan's voice.

"I see... uhmmm... can I bother you to text me once he arrives?"

"Sure, I'll let you know."

As much as she want to ignore Luhan's call Rui found herself staring at her phone, debating inside whether to call Kris or not, he is her husband afterall.

ding dong! ding dong!

Rui hurriedly made her way to the door only to find a drunk and wasted Kris outside their front door, the corner of his lips is bleeding and there were scratches on his face, both his knuckles are red and bleeding as well.

"You look like a mess" she said taking his left arm and putting it on her shoulder to assist him inside. "Your friends are worried."

"Mrs. Rui Wu!" Kris said stumbling inside the house, "do you know how many girls are dying to be called that name?"

"Kris, you're drunk"

"I'm... not... drunk" he answers back in between hiccups, never did Rui imagine that experience in taking care of drunk men in her case her brother and his friends will come in handy."

"Let's get you to bed, you look like crap" he struggles out from her hold and stumbles on the floor. They may not be friends or get along with each other but at that moment, she felt that Kris needed to be cared for. "Lets go big guy, I'll take you to your room so you can rest."  It took Rui forever to finally get Kris inside his room, its her first time inside his room and never in their three months of marriage did she ever had a glimpse of her husbands room.

Her room is red and black, an odd combination for a girl but what can she do, she was never a fan of pink; Kris' room on the other hand are all black and white. He helped him get on his bed and took off his shoes and socks, the first thing she noticed is the framed picture of Kris together with his girlfriend, she can't help but wonder why Kris would get himself drunk like this on a school night.

"Soyou..." Kris mumbles in his sleep, Rui felt a pang of guilt knowing that she's the reason why the two couldn't be together, at least in public and with Kris'family. "Soyou..I love you so much Soyou..."Kris keeps on repeating over and over, then Kris started crying; she remembered her mom telling her and Johnghun when they were young to never laugh at a man crying because it is never a sign of his weakness, she pulled tbe covers on Kris and turn to leave but Kris caught her hand, she tried to remove it but his grip is too strong so she sat on the floor and lay her head on the side.

"Don't worry Yi Fan, I'll help you get your happily ever after with her."

 

-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-