ACT # 17

Mìng yùn (Destiny)

 ACT 17

--------------------------------------

"Thanks for coming in such short notice doc" Dr. Kim Myunsoo or more known with his one letter name L is Kai's older brother.

"It's nothing Kris, so where is the patient?" the young doctor said smiling.

 

-KRIS POV-

"Your wife is suffering from sever stress and fatigue, her body's health is diminishing rapidly that's why I needed to insert an IV" hyung said closing the door behind him. "I know that I'm in no position to meddle with your marriage but I know that my brother is very fond of your wife, he and Sehun can't stop talking at home how glad they were that you married such beautiful and amazing girl."

"The really like her a lot, even Luhan and Lay does" I smile with the thought that my friends approve of her too much.

"I know that you're dating a girl for more than a year now and that's not your wife" he paused then continued again. "Was there any instance that you laid your hands on your wife?" my eyes widen in surprise, I was completely shocked by his question. "What I mean is did you by any chance accidentally hurt or used violence with her during your marriage."

"Hyung!" I said too loud, I can't believe he's accusing me of abusing her.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to accuse you or anything, it's just that I saw bruises on her arm when I was putting IV on her" there's no way Rui got that from me, it was only this morning that I ever touched her "I can assume that the bruises were a week old, I'm afraid that it contributed to her diminishing health Kris, look after your wife's health."

He apologized againg for his wrongful accussation and I said it was okay and I know that he was only looking out for my wife wellbeing, he promise though to be back tomorrow remove or put another IV on her. I thanked him and showed him out of the house. Rui was sleeping when I entered her room, there's a crease between her brows, like she was having a nightmare. I look at her arms and just what like hyung said, the bruises were light purple and are slowly fading; come to think of it, I always saw her in jeans and long sleeves or 3/4 polo shirts.

"Who did this to you Rui?" I whispered, my heart aches to see her like this. I look around her room, the wall adjacent to her bed was customized to be a bookshelf from top to bottom, did she read all of these books? Two guitars and bass were places at the corner, how come I never heard her play inside the house? There's a study table beside the flat screen tv and below it are framed pictures of Rui with her family most of the photos are her with Jaejin, Minhwan and her brother; not one photo of us during our wedding. What caught my attention most is the photo on her bedside table, she together with Jaejin, Minhwan, Jonghun hyung and a girl and another guy, they were lying on the sad and forming a circle, everyone was smiling including Rui, I never seen her smile like that ever since we met, will I ever see her smile that way?

 "Rui, please be okay" I said and left the room.

 

-RUI POV-

"Please be okay" I heard Kris whisper and left my room. I felt a tinge of pain on my right hand and I saw n IV stuck on it, I'm not a fan of needles, I fought my urge to remove it right away. I took my phone on top of the nightstand and found several text messages and a couple of missed calls from Jaejin and Minhwan ge after replying to them, I gave in to my heavy eyes slowly giving in and fell asleep.

 

I woke up with the loud sound coming from the living room, I check the clock and its only seven in the morning. Who can it be? And it's only Sunday, Sehun usually comes in during Tuesday. I groggily stand up and move the covers when the someone opens the door.

"Rui" Kris rushed inside and help me sit down.

"You should stay in bed, you're not fully recovered yet."

"I'm fine Kris now" I said and tried standing up again but he hold me firmly by the shoulders.

"No you're not, the doctor said you're too stressed that's why you fainted last night."

"Aren't you going out today with Soyou?" he rarely or rather never spend the weekend at the house because he's either with his friends or out on a date with his girlfriend. "I can take care of myself, don't make her wait for you" letting them go on these secret dates is the least I can do for getting in the way of their relationship.

"It's okay and besides I can't leave you like this."

"If that's what you're worried about I can call my brother or Jaejin and Minhwan ge over, they can accompany me until you get back" I said reaching my phone on the nightstand.

"I said I'm not going, Soyou and I..." before he could finish someone knocks at the door and I saw Kai and Sehun's head peaking inside; so they were the one making so much noise downstairs.

"Hi noona! We heard what happened last night and we came in to visit, mind if we come in?" I nodded and comes in Kai and Sehun skipping straight to my side. Luhan appeared behind them and Lay who's carrying a food tray.

"Don't worry, I didn't let them touch anything at the kitchen, everything is still functioning perfectly fine" he smiled at me, good thing I was able to change in decent PJ's before I fainted last night. Luhan stood in front of me and placed his hand on my forehead.

"It's good you don't have fever anymore" he said walking to the couch, I saw Kris standing awkwardly near the door.

"Kris, what is it you were saying earlier?" he never got to finish it because the boys came in.

"It's nothing, you should eat now so you can take your meds; I'll be in my room if you need anything" he said and left the room. I look at the boys and they were shrugging their shoulds and also surprised by Kris' sudden change of attitude.

"Don't worry about that grumpy grandpa noona, you shout eat before the food gets cold" Sehun said placing the food tray in front of me. I crossed my legs indian position and started eating.

"Thanks Lay, the food is delicious!" I beamed and then the two youngest make face.

"We say we'll help hyung to cook but Luhan hyung said that you'll get mad if we ruin or make a mess inside your kitchen" Kai said. I don't feel sick anymore seeing Sehun and Kai bickering in front of me, Lay playing the guitar at the couch beside Luhan who's busy with his phone.

"Thank you so much and I'm really sorry for disturbing you on a weekend" each gave me a sweet and warm smile.

 

-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-