ACT # 30

Mìng yùn (Destiny)

 ACT 30

--------------------------------------

-KRIS's POV-

I unexpectedly enjoyed the party, I met some of Rui's classmates and had the chance to know her in a different perspective and I must admit, I kind of like it. Tyler closed the door as the last guest left.

I was looking at one of the framed portraits on the hallway when Tyler appeared beside me with yet another bottle of beer.

"Thanks" I said.

"I wouldn't be surprised... of all the pictures in the house, that picture caught your attention" he said, it's a picture of a girl in front of a grand piano keyboard, her face is covered by a long curtain of brown hair. "That's Gabbe, she was 16 I think when that picture was taken" my eyes widen in surprise.

"I thought she don't know how to play?" when we were at the studio, she played all the instruments except for the piano that's why I thought she doesn't know how.

"Gabbe and I learned how to play the piano together, by the age of ten she could play almost all the instruments but sadly, she never played piano again" I wanted to ask him why but he cut me off quickly, "let's go, everybody's at the living room waiting for us."

I saw Rui sitting on the couch watching her brothers set up some instruments, she saw the two of us and smiled, he pat the empty space next to her and motioned me to sit beside her.

"Gege's decided to play for us" she said, it was very obvious she's excited for the impromptu show, then all lights went out.

"Good evening Mr. and Mrs. Wu" Rein magically appeared infront. "This is the last part of our welcome party, since all of us weren't able to give you a gift for your wedding, we decided to throw a mini concert for the two of you, we hope you enjoy the show!"  the big space in the living room turned into a makeshift stage. I silently thank my parents for forcing me to learn English, it sure comes in handy in situations like this.

Rein started playing Marry Me but she changed the lyrics a little by replacing the I's with him, Rui was laughing beside me, after her song number she walk over and gave us a hug.

"Please take care of my bestfriend Kris" she whispered when she hug me, I just smile and nod at her.

My in-laws then started playing, if I didn't know them I would think they're professionals. After playing three songs, Jonghun hyung change guitars.

"We know it's already late but we hope you two enjoyed our wedding gift" Jaejin said.

"Kris, our Gabby may look really tough and strong..." I can feel Rui glaring at Minhwan hyung, he just chuckled. "...but she's very fragile in the inside; she'll always be our only girl and little princess but for you I hope she'll be your queen and treat her like one."

Everybody wants to be loved
Every once in a while
We all need someone to hold on to
Just like a helpless child
(Yeah)
Can you whisper in my ear
Let me know its all right

It's been a long time coming down this road
And now I know what I've been waiting for
Just like a lonely highway
I'm trying to get home, ooh ooh
Love's been a long time coming

You can love for a lifetime
You could love for a day
You can think you've got everything but
Everything is nothing when you throw it away
(Yeah)
Then you look in my eyes
And I have it all once again

It's been a long time coming down this road
And now I know what I've been waiting for
Just like a lonely highway
I'm trying to get home, ooh ooh
Love's been a long time coming

Didn't know I was lost
Till you found me
Didn't know I was blind
But now I see

Can you whisper in my ear?
Let me know, it's all right

It's been a long time coming down this road
And now I know what I've been searching for
Been a long, long highway
And now I see, ooh ooh
Love's been a long time
Oh, been a long time
Love's been a long time coming.

Rui was sobbing beside me, I just lean her head on my shoulders and let her cry not minding if my shirt gets wet from her tears.

"Hush now" I said while rubbing her arms.

"Such a cry baby angel" Tyler said, he walk towards the grand piano on the side. "Even if you didn't say it directly, I know I'm the reason why you never played the piano again, all of us missed hearing you play."

I felt Rui squeeze my hand and never left mine, I suddenly felt happy and giddy knowing that my wife is drawing support from me.

 

-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-