In the Middle

A Collection of One-Shots Volume III
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  “I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.”  ― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice     Zhang Yixing sat alone in the library. He was relatively new to the university and did not know many people. It also didn't help that he spoke broken Korean and that he always looked sleepy.    He took out some books, blank music sheets and a pencil from his bag. He stared off to space in hope that something would come to his head. He was to distracted by the people around him that he decided to observe them instead. A couple caught his attention, the boy would scan over his girlfriends paper and draw things that made the girl softly giggle. He then noticed the librarian fix her glasses as a professor approached her, her eyes sparkled.    Suddenly a chair screeched and a girl sat in front of him. She was pretty with shiny long hair, pale skin, and a pretty smile. The girl shyly smiled at him. He wasn't good with people hence why he was dubbed a loner even when he was back in his motherland. He awkwardly smiled at her.    "I'm sorry I forgot to ask, may I sit here?" she said as her cheeks slightly tinted pink.    "That's fine."    "Thank you, I'm Bae Suji." Suji brightly extended a hand towards him.    "Zhang Yixing." he said shaking her hand. He looked down at his papers.    "I really can't pronounce your name." Suji pouted. He thought it was cute. "How about a nickname." She had to much energy, that made Yixing unsteady people couldn't possibly be to perky.    She was deep in thought and Yixing went back to work. He started blankly at the music sheet. He was majoring in guitar. He was lost in his own world when he heard a snap.    "I got it, Lay." Suji looked satisfied with her self. "You look like your lazy so in short, Lay. Are you an oppa? I was born in 94."    She talked to much, Yixing has never seen a person talk so animated with out loosing their breath. He dumbly stared at her. 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter