To the Moon & Back

A Collection of One-Shots Volume III
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Kwon Jiyong hated being a student teacher, he hated the fact that he had to collect papers from rude straight out high school eighteen year old students. Then his professor would make him grade them, he wasn't aiming to be a teacher so he was clueless why he was doing it in the first place. Jiyong aspired to be a lawyer not an educator. He sat on the professors desk as each student with slumped shoulders put their neatly written papers on the desk. One by one each paper looking the same in till one paper with just a name on the cover was dropped. He looked up to see a girl with long black hair walking away to a different beat then the rest. 

He flipped through her paper that only consisted of drawings of students, the professor and one of him staring longly at his phone. She was talented and he found her interesting. Bae Suji was a character that he found compelling and wanted to get to know in depth. 

-

Jiyong was walking out from his law class when he found her taking pictures of people. She looked like a paparazzi hiding in the bushes with her camera, Suji was securely laying on the grass and her camera steady in her hands. Jiyong had also been watching her in class. She didn't pay attention instead she would take out her phone and take pictures of her surroundings. One day Jiyong stared straight at her camera then smiled widely when she snapped the picture, the click ringing in the quite classroom. 

He snuck up on her softly kicking the heel of her foot. She turned around catching him by surprise when she snapped a picture. Jiyong sat next to her on the grass, his suit would most likely get grass stains but it was just a small price to pay to pick a bit in her brain. 

"All those pictures you have taken of me, I assume you have an album with my name on it." Jiyong said playfully. He picked at the grass then turned to her, Suji's ears had gone slightly pink. He found it cute. 

"Maybe." she said pulling herself up to sit properly on the grass. Her face was now a deeper shade of red wich he found endearing. 

"Uumm... If you wanted me to be your model you could have just asked. I'll gladly do it." he said in a teasingly flirtatious voice that he only used when he was severely drunk or highly interested in a woman. He wasn't drunk, he was in his full senses. 

"You have a big head." Suji said. 

"I like to go with charming but I'll take big head too." 

"Suji." she said sticking her hand out for him to shake. 

"I know." 

"Well Mr. Kwon, I hope you don't mind me making you my exclusive model." Suji said taking another picture of him, her cheeks puffed due to the smile plastered on her symmetrical face. 

"Call me Jiyong or better yet oppa." Jiyong looked at the scenery for the first time since he sat down. They were a few feet away from the fountain of the prestige law school they attended. 

"Aren't you a student teacher, isn't that a bit unethical?" she asked. 

"Sunbae is good too." 

She just smiled at the mischievous man sitting next to her. 

-

Suji called Jiyong sunbae when they were in class, oppa when they went on their friend dates and Jiyong when his flirtatious nature took over his rational persona. Suji and Jiyong were sitting in his car after buying more film for her camera. He never seen a person so happy to get film. 

"You really love that camera don't you?" he said turning down the music. 

"Yes." she said holding it tighter to her body. "It holds precious memories that are only captured once." 

"Because memories depend on a faulty camera in our minds, so it's good that your actually taking proof." he said with a serious tone which only came out once in a while. 

They sat in silence watching the street lights change from green to yellow to red repeating the process robotically. Jiyong softly drummed to the beat his steering wheel becoming his instrument of choice. After getting to know him for several months already she found out that he could never stay still for to long. Then something that she has been wondering suddenly popped in her head. 

"What's your ideal type?" she asked breaking the peaceful silence that they had. 

Jiyong continued to drum then looked at her a sly crooked smile gracing his handsome face. "Ideal types are to far fetched, all I want is a woman that is unique and keeps me on my toes." he said. "What about you?" 

"I want a pilot." she said looking at him. 

"For what?" 

"So that he can take me to the moon." Suji never really admitted that out loud not even to her closest girl friend. 

"Then I guess I should take up a new profession." Jiyong said with a proud cunni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter