Chapter 2

She's Gone Overboard

No phone call. No letter. No presents. Nothing.

That's when I realized that it's time to move on and be happy again, no matter how difficult it'll be. Although, this isn't the first time that he's "forgotten" about our planned dates. I believe this is the 19th time. This being the last.

 

Without any doubts in my mind, I packed all of my belongings from the house we supposedly shared together. He was never around, or when he was, I'd be fast asleep or at work.

With all of my things packed and ready to go, I called the only person that I could rely on, my life-long best friend, Jung Yonghwa. Even with his busy schedules, he'd drop it all if I needed him.

"Oppa. I know that it's late already, but would you mind picking me up. I need to get out of here. Enough is enough." 

"I was just about to come over and see if the both of you were okay. Did you tell him yet?"

"Tell him what?" I asked, pretending to be clueless.

"You know what I mean, Mina. I know you just found out this morning, but this is big news. Come on, you're going to become parents. He has the right to know. I mean, it's his...right?"

"Of course it is! Who's else would it be? Besides, I was going to tell him tonight. You know, as some sort of anniversary gift but he's still not home. Can you just please hurry and get over here?"

"I'm turning the corner now. Meet me outside."

 

I rolled out all of my bags into Yonghwa's car and went into the house just one last time. I dropped the results on the living room table, the only place that he'll look at ever since he started sleeping on the couch. Along with the results, I left a note:

If it's meant to be, it'll be.