Confusing

A M N E S I A “내가 기억해... 우리”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 6: Confusing  

       “What? Woah, nope, okay. Didn’t see anything here,” Jessica stuttered the second she caught TaeYeon and Tiffany lip-locked in front of the baby grand piano. Her mind suddenly went blank for it felt like she just saw two famous celebrities suddenly dating. The two have known each other for only a month but they were already making out. Oh, what a juicy scandal! Cautiously, she took another peek inside the room and didn’t seem like it would ever end.

         “What are you doing?” Yuri tapped Jessica’s shoulder, making the girl flinch.

         “Oh! You surprised me,” Jessica sighed with her hand on her chest.

         “Aren’t you coming in?” Yuri said as he reached for the door knob.

         “Stop,” Jessica silently slapped Yuri’s hand. “Don’t come in there!”

         “Why?”

        “Just come see,” Jessica said as she bobbed her head to take a peek inside once more, this time with Yuri. The scene did not change at all. TaeYeon and Tiffany were still making out without a care in the world.

         “Oh, damn!” Yuri gasped.

        Things were slowly heating up as TaeYeon caressed Tiffany’s cheek. Everything was just starting to get sweeter and sweeter, but to the two heads hovering at the door, it became too amusingly sensual to them. Jessica couldn’t help herself and shouted, “Hey boy, hey girl, so sweet together!” She giggled and instantly withdrew herself along with Yuri from peeking at the two’s privacy.

       TaeYeon and Tiffany suddenly looked at the door at the sound of Jessica’s teasing voice, breaking their make-out session. Even though no one was in sight, they knew Jessica caught them kissing. The thought of having one of their closest friends witnessing their private moment extremely embarrassed them. They’ll be a big target on the teasing board later on that’s for sure!

     Realizing that kiss took way too long for someone to eventually catch them, they distanced themselves from each other. TaeYeon stood up and walked to the corner where he laid his guitar, pretending as if he needed something to fix as he tried calming his heart down. Tiffany cleared and patted her cheeks while trying to find ways to restore her madly red face back to its normal state. They exchanged shy glances at each other one last time and prepared to act as normal as possible.

        “What are you guys doing?” SooYoung said as Yuri and Jessica were busy giggling like idiots in front of the studio.

         “Oh, hey Soo. TaeYeon and Tiffany are kissing!” Yuri whispered, pointing at the door.

         “What?” SooYoung snickered in disbelief.

         “Go see for yourself,” Jessica said. “Take a peek.”

       “Tch… I don’t need to take a peek,” SooYoung said as he effortlessly swung the slightly open door. He didn’t believe it was possible for TaeYeon and Tiffany to progress in their relationship so quickly. And even if it was true that they were finally making out, he’d rather take front seat of the theater than watch them from a small peep hole.

         “Wait, no!” Yuri and Jessica tried to stop SooYoung from bursting inside, but it was too late.

        “Hi guys,” SooYoung greeted TaeYeon and Tiffany who were far apart from each other. Nothing was happening between them at all. He gave Yuri and Jessica a “you-guys-don’t-make-sense” glance and scoffed at them.

      “Oh, hi,” TaeYeon and Tiffany casually greeted back, trying hard to pretend that nothing happened. However, when Jessica entered, they both nervously gulped knowing she witnessed everything.

         “Hi guys,” Yuri greeted. “I hope we didn’t interrupt anything here.”

        TaeYeon and Tiffany looked at each other and blushed even more. TaeYeon stuttered, “Oh-oh… of-of course not.”

  ***

         TaeYeon slowly opened his eyes after the dream ended. What an amusing memory! How embarrassing it was to be caught by Jessica and Yuri! He even found the lock and key necklaces and kiss so hilarious he couldn’t stop thinking about it. He couldn’t believe he once had this cringe worthy yet romantic side of him. He had to admit, his teenage self was so much smoother and faster at this love game than he is now.

        TaeYeon turned to his bedside table to reach for his phone but he only saw his blue journal. Like a sudden winter breeze, the chill of losing Tiffany at the end pierced his heart again. After all the happy memories that kept him company during his peaceful sleep, nothing could ease the pain of knowing that all of those memories would end up being forgotten in the end. Why did the accident have to happen? Why did he have to live again and go through all of these stressful human emotions? Why didn’t he just die fifteen years ago?

        TaeYeon picked up his notebook and started write. He had to vent his feelings out quickly for he knew it was not healthy for him to dwell on whatever stressed him.

I remember the one who I truly loved
You were my girl, I remember that at least
Even as time goes by, your breath remains
I cherish you as if you are still in my embrace Well, this may be a dream
The shallow wounds that I gave you
Might a deep punishment to me
I cried for a long time because I’m sorry I’m in an unknown place
As if it is a different world
Did you throw me away from your memories?
Even though I am beside you, it’s as if I’m not there I can no longer stay at a place where you are not there
What if I hate you if you love someone else? Do you have another love? As if you’ll be happy even when I’m not there? No matter what space we are in To me, you’re the only one
Even if everything has changed, I go to you Even without me, can you smile just like now?
Like now, even though I am living, it’s as if I’m not alive I just don’t know with you

***

      Tiffany honked the car in front of Key’s house and soon enough, the invited teenage boy responded quickly. He hopped in the backseat and there Eunji sat happily beside him.

         “Hi guys!” Key cheerfully greeted.

         “Hi, Key,” Tiffany greeted back. “You ready to go to church today?”

         “Yeah, I am,” Key chuckled.

        “Ha, what’s up with your look today?” Eunji snickered at the sight of Key’s straightened blonde hair, and buttoned up polo.

         “Wasn’t I supposed to dress like this?” Key said as he looked down on his ironed shirt.

         “Well, you don’t really have to, but this neat look is good on you,” Eunji chuckled.

         “Ah really? Should I be this proper more often?”

         “Mmm, it’s not bad, but the hairstyle is really weird to me,” Eunji chortled.

         About this,” Key brushed his hair with his hands. “I just messed with my mom’s straightener.”

         “Aigoo…” Eunji faced him and started ruffling his hair.

       “Hey! Stop! I worked hard on this!” Key tried to resist Eunji’s action but couldn’t.  Watching from the rearview mirror, Tiffany secretly giggled, finding them cute together like this.

        “Tcha! This fits you more.” Eunji smiled at the sight of Key’s straight blonde hair that has turned back to the same messy hair she was used to.

        Key crossed his arms to his chest and cutely pouted, making Eunji smile even more. “Does this messy hair really fit me more?”

         “Yeah, it’s more you,” Eunji chuckled.

         “Alright, I’ll keep it messy,” Key giggled.

***

       After a great performance from Jessica, Yuri, SooYoung, and YongHwa from the church band and after Pastor Leeteuk’s powerful message, the church service ended and everyone gathered in the courtyard once again. Jessica, who was carrying SooJung, Yuri, who was holding Yoona’s small hands, and SooYoung approached Tiffany and Eunji like they always did after every service.

       “You guys were really great today,” Tiffany said. “The set list was so nice.”

       “That’s because I’ve carefully thought about it this time rather than just going through the motions,” SooYoung said.

       “I have to admit, I really loved the set list, too,” Yuri chuckled. “From the lyrics to the music, even the order of the songs, SooYoung planned it all so well.”

       “Did you guys have deep explanations for every line again?” Tiffany snickered.

       “Oh~,” SooYoung laughed. “You’ll be shocked when you see our notes! We seriously discussed it all, alright!”

       “Tiffany! When are you gonna join us?” Jessica said. “I’ve been asking for ages!”

       “I’m already involved in the children’s ministries, you know that, Jess…”

        Just then, Siwon the missionary, Tiffany’s date from last night, approached the group and said sleekly and politely, “Is it okay if I excused Tiffany?”

        Jessica and Yuri took glances at each other and didn’t know what to say. All morning, all they ever thought about was planning TaeYeon and Tiffany’s meeting, but Siwon was making it somewhat hard for them. Even though it was really Yuri’s idea to set up Siwon and Tiffany on a date, he regretted doing so now for Tiffany could actually fall for the clueless missionary. Making things go smooth for TaeYeon won’t be easy at all with another man around.

       “Sure,” SooYoung smirked, not knowing what was going on in Yuri and Jessica’s minds. Soon, Tiffany was far away from the group laughing with Siwon near the gate of the courtyard.

       Eunji felt quite happy seeing her mother comfortably laugh like that. The date must have gone really well for her to be even agreeing to come with him for a second time. All she wanted was her mother to finally to be happy with someone who can take care of her and this might eventually progress into something more. Siwon was a better guy than half of all the men that Tiffany had dated. He was very spiritual, seriously kind and friendly, and also has great sense of humor. He was perhaps the dream gentleman of any Christian woman, but as much as she tried convincing herself of this, something about him just made Eunji uncomfortable. There was this odd feeling that he would not be the one able to make a Tiffany completely be happy, let alone be the father she had always dreamed of. Oh well, God will direct their lives according to His will. Whether it would be Siwon or not who will join their little family, she should not stress herself over it.

        “Anyway, Soo,” Yuri turned to SooYoung. “I have to talk to you about something.” Jessica glanced at Eunji and quickly turned to SooYoung and nodded.

         “Why, what is it?” The moment SooYoung asked, TaeYeon spotted them from the crowd.

         “Hi guys!” TaeYeon cheerfully approached them. He smiled widely with his dimple cutely emerging below his chin, showing how overjoyed he was to meet them again.

         “Mr. Kim!” Eunji gave him a high-five. “You came!” Yuri and Jessica’s hearts stopped not because of his charm, but because he was finally before his one and only daughter.

         “Mr. K-Kim?” SooYoung mumbled as his jaw unconsciously dropped. He was seeing TaeYeon, his high school best friend. He might have looked a little bit older, but his height, his dorky entrance, and his smile were still the same. Jessica and Yuri weren’t lying to him after all.

      “Tae?—ow!” Yuri stomped SooYoung’s foot strong enough to shut him up. Yuri didn’t want SooYoung to act as if he already knew TaeYeon, especially in front of Eunji.

        “Of course I did! Why wouldn’t I? I have no house to arrange today and am perfectly healthy,” TaeYeon chuckled with Eunji, confusing Jessica and Yuri. How were they already so well acquainted and comfortable with each other?

         “O-Oh, TaeYeon!” Jessica stuttered, trying to act as normal as possible.

         “You guys know each other?” Eunji asked, making Jessica and Yuri freeze.

        “They’re SeoHyun’s friends,” TaeYeon said, baffling Jessica and Yuri. “I just met Sica and Yuri yesterday.” This was not the answer Jessica, Yuri, and SooYoung expected. He had all the reasons to be honest at that moment but why was he hiding his identity from Eunji all of a sudden? And why was he also throwing SeoHyun’s name in the mix?

        “O-oh, yeah,” Jessica stuttered once again. “We met at Xiah Dragon Noodles ‘cause I also work there.”

         “Oh, I’m TaeYeon,” TaeYeon “introduced” himself to SooYoung even though he remembers him from his dreams, too. “Nice to meet you.”

         “N-Nice to meet you to,” SooYoung timidly bowed his head as he shook TaeYeon’s hand.

        “Oh,” Yuri looked at his watch. “Look at the time! I have to prepare some things for the Youth. Eunji, go ahead and find your band mates. Meet you guys in the Youth room,” Yuri said as he yanked SooYoung while he carried Yoona on his arms. He had to talk to SooYoung about TaeYeon before he blurts out anything.

         “Neh~” Eunji nodded and started to look for her friends.

        TaeYeon chuckled at the sight of the two boys preparing to leave. Even with the little memory he had of them, they were still exactly the same. And also, seeing that Yuri and Jessica now has two kids made him chuckle even more. Things probably worked out for them.

        As Yuri was about to leave, he gave a soft peck on Jessica’s lips and on SooJung’s cheeks and flew off while dragging SooYoung.

        “The man who had a crush on the cold teenager now has two kids with her. Cham!” TaeYeon thought and laughed.

 

However, his vision suddenly blurred and a white flash covered his eyes.

 

This time, it wasn’t words that came to mind.

 

       He saw Jessica’s young face close to his. He was sitting beside her. He pecked her lips and instantly moved his face away. He looked away and casually acted like nothing happened with a smile on his face. In a few moments, Jessica gave him a kiss on a cheek.

 

        Suddenly, TaeYeon regained his senses and reached for his right cheek. What just happened? All these times Tiffany had been the one showing up in his visions and dreams so why was it Jessica now all of a sudden? What’s even more confusing is that Jessica looked quite younger than his usual dreams. She didn’t have a blonde, wavy hair, much like the 17 year old version, but had short brown hair instead.

       He stared at Jessica trying to find some kind of answer, but there was nothing. He tried brushing it off convincing himself that his brain was probably getting his memories all confused. It just seemed so weird for both of them to have that kind of relationship at some point in their life.

         As Jessica and TaeYeon were left by Yuri, SooYoung, and Eunji, they were once again filled with an awkward silence. TaeYeon didn’t want it to be awkward this time and spoke, “So, you guys have kids now?”

         “Ah, yeah,” Jessica chuckled as she looked at SooJung who was drowsing off on her shoulder.

         “What are their names?” TaeYeon asked.

        “This is SooJung, whom I like to call ‘Krystal,’” Jessica giggled. “The four year old with Yuri is Yoona.”

       “Ohh, such pretty names,” TaeYeon wondered. “They look just like the both of you,” TaeYeon chuckled. “It’s good to see that…” TaeYeon’s smile dropped as his eyes caught Tiffany near the courtyard gate laughing with the same man from last night.

        “Is she…” TaeYeon trailed off and Jessica turned her head to see where TaeYeon was spacing out.

         “Oh,” Jessica bit her lip. “Tiffany?”

         “Is she finally happy… with someone else?” TaeYeon’s voice started to break.

         “Well, that’s, uh…” Jessica stuttered

         “It’s okay,” TaeYeon hung his head low. “It’s been fifteen years, I know.”

         “Aaactually that’s…” Jessica raised her shoulders.

        “It’s good to see that she’s happy,” he said even though he was hurting. “I’m glad… she moved on.”

         “Yah!” Jessica gently slapped TaeYeon’s arm. “Stop babbling nonsense.”

         “What?” TaeYeon became startled.

       “That’s not her boyfriend, you idiot. Stop jumping to conclusions just by looking at them.” Jessica said, actually hoping that Siwon and Tiffany’s relationship won’t progress.

        “He’s not?” TaeYeon looked at Tiffany and Siwon once again. Siwon gave Tiffany a friendly hug and that felt like a sword cut through TaeYeon’s heart. Watching another guy give their warmth to Tiffany, boyfriend or not, was not a pleasant sight to see. But as Siwon left, leaving Tiffany with her phone in front of the courtyard gate, he felt somewhat relieved.

         “Siwon was just a blind date from yesterday night,” Jessica added. “They just met.”

       “Well in that case, if they really don’t have anything between them, I’m going to talk to her,” TaeYeon confidently said as he walked to Tiffany’s direction.

         “Y-y-yah!” Jessica stuttered and barley grabbed TaeYeon’s wrist with her right arm trying not to wake up the sleeping SooJung on her left arm. “Where do you think you’re going? Didn’t I already say that her heart is not ready for you?”

        TaeYeon stopped, still not taking her eyes off of Tiffany and sighed, “How are you so sure that she’s not ready?”

       “Uh, hello? Don’t tell me you don’t remember saying that you’re some kind of TaeYeon the Second,” Jessica glared at him. “I still remember her saying that TaeYeon the First is dead and that you, TaeYeon the Second, is someone else. And I made an oath to you back then before the accident to protect her if you lose your mind. But of course, you don’t remember that, too, don’t you?”

        “Oh…” TaeYeon scratched his head. He read about the first part in his diary. It was true that there was a time when he did say he was “TaeYeon the Second.”

       “And besides, I’ve known Tiffany since I was 13 years old. I know what goes in that heart and head of hers. So, please, Taeng, just trust me when I stop you,” Jessica said kindly. “And wait until I say it’s the right time.”

       TaeYeon stared at Tiffany once again, and this time, Siwon came back. Tiffany left the church with him.

        “Do you think there will ever be a right time?” TaeYeon asked as he watched the two walk away side by side.

       “There will be, trust me,” Jessica softly patted his shoulders. “I’ll make sure. Yuri, SooYoung, and I will make sure. We’re all here for the two of you. We’ll make sure you guys work out in the end.”

        “Why do you want us together so badly?” TaeYeon asked. “I mean, I get that we were friends and all from the past, but as you said, it’s been fifteen years. I mean I appreciate the effort, but it just seems odd that you sound like you want to try so hard.”

        Jessica turned away from TaeYeon’s curious eyes and bit her lip. She can’t say her best reason as to why she’s trying to get them back together as smoothly as possible. Saying that TaeYeon has a daughter, specifically Eunji, will cause major complications in their meeting and especially in TaeYeon’s feelings.

         “Um…” Jessica wondered for a bit, but her thought was interrupted as TaeYeon’s phone rang.

“Oetoriya, oetoriya, Dara diri dara du~ Oetoriya, oetoriya, Dara diri dara du-u…”

        “Yoboseoyo?” TaeYeon answered, making Jessica secretly sigh in relief that she won’t have to answer his question.

         “TaaaaeeeYeon!” It was the same high, helium-gulped-like voice of Junsu.

         “Oh, boss, annyeonghaseyo,” TaeYeon greeted.

         “Can you work this afternoon?” Junsu asked.

        Jessica took this as a chance to escape TaeYeon’s questions. She made signs in front of TaeYeon saying that she had to go upstairs now for Youth Group and TaeYeon just let her be. So she left him and sighed in relief that she was able to get away from TaeYeon. It’s so stressful trying to hold in pieces of information from him.

***

        Meanwhile, Key wandered off and found Onew, Taemin, and Na Eun, the only people he actually knew in Church.

         “Oh, hey Key!” Onew greeted.

         “Hi guys, what’s up?” Key greeted back.

         “The sky,” Taemin replied, making Onew and Key roll their eyes. Only Na Eun laughed.

         “You’re so lame,” Key rolled his eyes at Taemin.

        “Lame? Well I guess I don’t have the Key to laughter,” Taemin said, making Onew and Key blank. Only Na Eun laughed at his joke.

         “Aaaaanyway,” Key said. “What do we do in the youth group?”

        “We go eat, play games, and listen to the youth leader’s message. That’s how it usually goes for the normal people.”

         “Normal people?”

        “The three of us are not one of those people,” Onew explained. “We’re from the youth band so we usually skip the lunch and games part.”

         “Isn’t Eunji a part of the youth band too?” Key asked.

         “Hi guys,” Eunji joined the conversation. “Yep, I am from the band too.”

         Key’s face brightened up as Eunji joined them. He smiled more and laughed more as they talked for a little while. When someone was talking, Key would steal glances of Eunji’s face and Taemin noticed it.

        “What’s with him all of a sudden?” Taemin thought. He was familiar with Key’s expressions. It was very similar from his own expressions during the days when he had a crush on Na Eun. “Oh,” Taemin snickered silently. “Does he like Eunji?”

 

***

 

         After the Youth Group ended, the Youth band was once again left in the boiler room to hang out. This time, they have Key as a new guest. Taemin closely observed him from a distance to see if he really does have feelings for Eunji. Who knows, they might have just became close friends after last week’s accident that almost hit Eunji.

       “But there could be something more here,” Taemin thought. He was not trying to find out because he wanted Key and Eunji together; he wanted to find out if Key liked her just to tease them. Taemin just wanted revenge after all those times when the two and Na Eun.

         “Eunji, play something,” Key said, pointing to Onew’s unoccupied piano keyboards.

         “Sure,” Eunji cheerfully sat in front of the keyboards. “What do you want me to play?”

         “Play the piece you were practicing yesterday,” Key smiled.

         “Oh, the Chopin song?” Eunji said, getting Minhyuk and Luna’s attention. “Okay, I’ll play that.”

        Eunji took a deep breath, cracked her knuckles, closed her eyes to picture the music sheet, and softly pressed her fingers on the piano keyboard. She was playing it sweetly and fluently, making Minhyuk, Luna, and Key smile and sway at the soft sound of the piece.

        “Wah, Nocturne in E-flat major, Op.9 No.2!” Luna exclaimed in amazement. “Those are one of the songs my father uses to wake me up in the morning!”

         “Really? It sounds like I can sleep by listening to it,” Key said.

      “Yeah I know, but Chopin songs just wake me up because I like listening to it,” Luna said. “Chopin songs are the best.”

         “I know right?” Minhyuk said as he held up his left hand to give Luna a high five, “Chopin is the best classical artist.”

       “Is there even a difference to classical music? They all sound the same to me,” Onew said, joining the conversation with Chanyeol following behind him.

         “What?” Luna and Minhyuk angrily glared at the two boys.

        “No they’re not,” Luna growled. “Have you heard some of Beethoven’s music? His compositions are really noisy compared to Chopin’s! And don’t get me started on Vivaldi…”

        “Yeah, I agree,” Minhyuk spoke. “It’s just like saying Girls’ Generation and 2Ne1 are the same and Maroon 5 is the same as…”

       “Okay, okay,” Onew waved his hands to stop them from explaining any further. “I get it now, so stop—”

         “Eish!” Eunji smacked her hands on the piano keyboard, making a horror-sounding blast in the keys, startling the group. “Why can’t I get that right?”

         “What’s wrong?” Luna asked. “You were playing it well.”

         “It’s just that I’m always stuck in the last part. It’s so frustrating,” Eunji huffed.

         “Why, how long have you been practicing that?” Minhyuk asked.

       “Longer than it should take me,” Eunji pouted. “Usually, I’d perfectly play a hard piece in just one week, but this piece is taking me more than a week already and this piece is not even hard.”

         “Maybe it IS hard, that’s why you can’t play it,” Chanyeol said, stating the obvious.

        “I guess,” Eunji sighed. “But it just doesn’t make sense. The first time I played this song, I was really fluent at it, but I couldn’t play the last part just like today. I don’t know if it’s me who has a problem or if it’s Chopin’s problem.”

         “It’s probably just you who has the problem,” Onew snickered.

         “Yeah, don’t blame the artist,” Minhyuk said, “especially Chopin.”

         “Ugh… It’s just so frustrating,” Eunji pouted.

        “Well I think you can do it,” Key said encouragingly. “You’re a great at piano so you’ll get it in time.”

       Eunji looked at Key and was about to take his statement as a joke, but all she found was a charming smile that was full of sincerity. Somehow, she couldn’t bring herself resist Key’s kind, sparkling eyes, and up-lifting words. It just left her speechless and at the same time energized. Taemin, who was secretly watching the whole situation, snickered at Key’s remark.

         “Hey Chanyeol, is your job at Xiah Dragon Noodles good?” Onew suddenly asked.

         “Yeah, it’s awesome,” Chanyeol smiled. “Why do you ask?”

         “Can I apply there too?”

         “Sure, just go ask Mrs. Sica,” Chanyeol said pointing to Jessica.

         “Mrs. Sica?” Onew became confused. Chanyeol also got Eunji and Minhyuk’s attention.

         “Yeah,” Chanyeol nodded. “She works there as a music manager.”

         “Wow, I didn’t know so many people worked there,” Eunji said.

         “Like who?” Onew asked.

         “My music teacher,” Eunji replied.

         “What’s his name?” Chanyeol asked.

         “TaeYeon, Kim TaeYeon.”

         “Ah, that’s right,” Chanyeol clapped his hands. “Mr. Kim is pretty awesome. His debut stage last night was really nice.”

          “Oh, really?” Key said. “He works there?”

        “Yeah,” Chanyeol nodded. “You guys should watch us play in Xiah Dragon Noodles sometimes. It’s really nice.”

***

        It was evening. Jessica, Yuri, and SooYoung invited TaeYeon in a small coffee shop just a few blocks from Xiah Dragon Noodles restaurant to chat. The three had numerous questions in mind. They wanted to catch up on the things they’ve missed in TaeYeon’s life.

      “So, Taeng, I know you’re probably sick of this question, but who are the people that you remember completely?” Jessica asked, trying to find out if SeoHyun was one of those people.

         “Um,” TaeYeon wondered for a bit, “Basically just family.”

        SooYoung and Yuri nodded, but Jessica slightly squinted her eyes and asked thinking if Eunji was part of the family, “Like who?”

        “My parents, my grandparents, my cousins… just some people from my hometown.” TaeYeon said, making Jessica sigh in relief.

         “How about your sister, HyoYeon?” SooYoung asked.

        “HyoYeon?” TaeYeon went silent for a moment, but then continued, “I do remember her, too,” he said in a low voice.

         “Really?” Yuri worriedly stared at him.

         TaeYeon caught the three staring at him in a concerned manner and that disturbed him. “Okay, here’s the thing.” TaeYeon closed his eyes and sighed. “HyoYeon is the first memory I ever remembered. The rest of my childhood follows after that. The only things I don’t remember at all are pieces of my teenage life, especially ages 17 to 19 years old. And I guess I’ve forgotten some more recent ones after that one time a few years ago but…”

        “Ohh,” The three nodded their heads. “But you’re starting to remember things now that you’re here, huh?” Jessica asked.

        “Yeah,” TaeYeon smiled as his eyes tried not to make eye contact. “Little by little.”

       “That’s good,” Yuri smiled and continued, “Anyway, what have you been up to this past 15 years?”

         “Well, I lost my job recently as a composer in Seoul,” TaeYeon said.

         “So you moved here?” SooYoung asked.

        “Actually, after I lost my job, I was planning on moving to somewhere to just calm down from the busy life, but I didn’t know exactly where. Then, SeoHyun told me about this town.” TaeYeon chuckled, “I guess now I know the reason why she suggested this place.”

         The three took glances at each other and took this as a chance to ask him about SeoHyun. “You know SeoHyun?”

        TaeYeon was a bit confused by Jessica’s question. Of course he knew SeoHyun. Why wouldn’t he? After a few seconds of thinking, he soon realized what Jessica was trying to find out. “Oh, yeah, HyoYeon is really close friends with SeoHyun. And uh, YongHwa and I became great friends for quite some time. So yeah, eventually, we became friends through the years.” He explained.

       “But during those years, did SeoHyun say she was one of your best friends in the past?” Yuri asked.

        “No,” TaeYeon said in a somewhat surprised tone. “She never mentioned anything like that at all. I was actually surprised to see her in my flashback dreams!”

         “Flashback dreams?” SooYoung wondered.

       “What have you remembered so far? Maybe we could help you clear some things out,” Yuri asked.

        “I remember when Jessica and Tiffany joined the band, when I bought Tiffany a Mariah Carey album, when we first kissed…”

         “Okay, we get the Tiffany parts, but what about the three of us?” Yuri asked.

        “Oh, you guys?” TaeYeon wondered, “I remember the time when Jessica played Pokémon with you guys for the first time.”

         “Oh wow, really?” Yuri chuckled. “I don’t even remember that.”

         “Yeah, me too,” Jessica pouted. “It was so long ago!”

        “Really? You guys don’t remember that?” TaeYeon chuckled. “You don’t remember naming the main character ‘Yul,’ the rival, ‘Soo,’ and the Squirtle, ‘Taengoo’?”

       “No, I really don’t remember!” Yuri and Jessica chuckled. “Did we really name the characters that?”

       “Haha, fools,” SooYoung snickered. “Don’t you guys remember beating the Elite Four? Am I really the only one who remembers our first Pokémon game here?”

        “Ah…” Jessica suddenly remembered. “Well you’re the only one who actually understood the game since it was in Japanese.”

         “Yeah, that’s right,” TaeYeon laughed. “It was in Japanese.”

        “Wow, Taeng, I guess your memory is a lot better than I thought!” SooYoung said, giving him a high five ac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter