From the Heart

My Bean Called Lee Hongbin

 

A Few Weeks Later...

 

"Ok, you've got this."

Hongbin cleared his throat once more before sstaring at his reflection in the mirror.

"Minkyung, I was thinking... it's been a while since we've met and-- argh no... that's not right. I sound stupid." Hongbin slapped himself on the forehead before trying again. 

"Isn't it funny how we me? I was thinking about it, and don't you agree that it was fate that brought us together that day? Argh no! I sound too cheesy." Hongbin glared at his reflection before combing a hand loosely through his hair in frustration.

"You sound so cheesy it's almost disgusting." 

Hongbin whirled around to see an amused Leo leaning coolly against the door frame with a smirk. Hongbin blushed and looked away.

"Then what am I supposed to say??? Just go right out and say 'I like you?'."

Leo just rolled his eyes and Hongbin sighed.

"Just don't make it sound too cheesy otherwise she might get a stomach ache. Just say what's in your heart and it will automatically come out naturally." 

Hongbin frowned at this new advice and Leo looked at the clock hanging on the opposite wall. 

"You're going to be late. Didn't you say you were meeting her at 4 PM? It's quarter to 4 right now..."

Hongbin glanced up at the clock and quickly jumped up.

"Shoot! I'm going to be late!!!"

Leo just shook his head as he turned away from his best friend running crazilly around his room like a chicken without a head.

Pfft. This guy is hopeless.

 

 

He's late...

Minkyung looked up from her wrist watch that read 4:15 pm and glanced around the busy shopping streets of Hongdae. 

It was winter time and the temperature was colder than ever. Minkyung shivered as a gust of wind blew by. She held up a hand to adjust her scarf when she realized she left home without one. She frowned as she scanned the streets once more.

Did he get into trouble somewhere? Maybe I should call him...

Minkyung took out out her phone and began to dial his number. Just as she was about to press the call button, someone tapped her on the shoulder causing her to jump in surprise.

"I'm so sorry that I'm late!"

Minkyung was shocked to see and exhausted Hongbin shivering and gasping for breath.

"Aish! You pabo! You look like you ran from your appartment!" 

Hongbin sheepishly looked up and nodded. Minkyung stared at him with wide eyes.

"Why would you do that? You're going to catch a cold! Let's go inside a store so you can warm up!"

Hongbin blushed as she gently took his hand and led him into a nearby coffee shop.

Aish this girl. She's worrying about me getting sick when she's the one without a scarf and her hand is freezing. She's even shivering too.

Shaking his head, he let go of her hand and immediately took off his dark blue jacket revealing a checkered dark gray long sleeved collared shirt and draped it around her shoulders, making it look like he hugged her for a brief moment. Minkyung's breath was caught in as he took a step back and smiled. 

"There! Now you won't get sick. I'm sorry I made you wait in the cold for so long. I'll treat you today." Hongbin said with a smile as he led a breathless Minkyung to an empty table. 

After Hongbin left to take their orders, Minkyung regained her senses as she shook her head at her foolishness. Feeling the jacket begin to slide off her shoulders, she then shifted his jacket so it fit more snuggly on her shoulders. His scent drifted over her as she took a light sniff of the fabric.

I wonder what kind of shampoo he uses. It smells really nice.

Minkyung immediately straighted up as Hongbin came back with two hot drinks in his hands and sat down in front of her. He then grinned as he realized what she was doing.

"Does my jacket smell bad?" he asked as he passed her a mug filled to the brim with hot chocolate. Minkyung sheepishly shook her head.

"No! It actually smells really good. What kind of shampoo do you use?" she blurted out, and Hongbin laughed at her startledness. 

"Ahh nevermind." she said as she quickly grasped the handle of the hot chocolate mug and took a sip. As she put the cup back down, Hongbin noticed a mustache of a foamy layer of white cream was on her upper lip. 

"Ahh. Nice mustache." he commented, and Minkyung's eye's widdened in surprise. 

"Ah! How embarrasing!" she exclaimed as she quickly wipped it off. Hongbin hung his head to hide his smile. 

"It's alright. It suited you." he teased as she glared at him. 

"No really! You looked cute." he admitted, and Minkyung rolled her eyes in disbelief.

"Lies." she muttered, and Hongbin just laughed. 

 

A Few Minutes Later...

*Click* *Click*

"Will you stop it? I'm trying to drink this in peace." Minkyung complained as she turned away from the camera Hongbin was holding. 

"Whaa? I was taking a picture of the ceiling, not you." he said, and Minkyung narrowed her eyes.

"Alright. Show me the camera then." 

Hongbin just shook his head and stuck out his tongue as he took another picture of her. 

*Click*

"Yah!"

Hongbin laughed as he stood up. 

"Are you finished? We should really start heading out before it gets too cold." He said. Minkyung nodded and he took their empty mugs and walked back to the counter to return them. 

"So where did you want to go?" he asked as they both stepped outside. 

Minkyung looked around and shrugged. 

"How about we just walk around?" 

Hongbin smiled and nodded. 

*Click*


 

 

 

Phew~ finally finished this chapter! I hope you guys enjoyed it! Sorry that it took a while to update >_<"

I was also glad to read all of your comments about VIXX's new MV!!!! I was so excited that they came out with a dance version and practice video as well >:DDDD 

And WOOO!! I'm so HAPPY that they won on Inkigayo and also on Show Champion! I'm so proud of them :')