Bestfriend

N.A.P Oneshot Compilation

Minsoo wants to have a girlfriend. And he needs help from his bestfriend.

--------

“What are you looking for in a girl, anyway?” Niel asked as he munch on his ice cream. Yep, munch. Some people their ice creams, but Niel bite and chew them.

“Hmm.. let’ see.” Minsoo pondered on the thought while cradling his chin on his thumb, his elbow resting on his knee as they sat on the bench at the nearby park. “Someone who have the same hobbies as me. You know, like the same things I like.”

“Like..”

“Huh?”

“Like what?”

“You don’t know what I like? I thought you’re my bestfriend! You should know those things!”

“The things you like included watching on a daily basis, hyung. You want a girl who watches everyday too?” Niel asked trying to sound serious though inside, he’s dying of laughter. Niel – 1! Minsoo – 0! He clapped and cheered inside his head.

“What are you-?!” Minsoo squinted his eyes and Niel laughed.

“See? I know what you like.” Niel said with pride.

“You crazy!” Minsoo laughed at this too then took a scoop of his ice cream.

After a second of silence, Minsoo said; “Seriously, Niel. I want to have a girlfriend. I’m 23. I have to have a girlfriend, right?” Minsoo looked at him and as the situation requires it, Niel tried to be serious.

He heaved a sigh. “Okay, back to square one. What are you looking for in girl? Seems to me like you’re asking for my help.” Niel said. He has a lot of girl friends and he’s thinking that Minsoo wants him to introduce them to him and probably select his girl from them.

Minsoo is silent for a while as though collecting his thoughts. “Someone who can understand me. Will accept my imperfections. You know, I’m lazy and all..”

Niel laughed at this. “I can’t believe you really admit to being lazy.”

“Stop laughing, man. This is embarrassing but I’m trying to be serious.” Minsoo said with another scoop of his ice cream.

“I know someone..” Niel started. Minsoo looks at him and waits for what he has to say more. “I don’t understand this girl but she says she likes you.”

“What?”

“Unbelievable, right? I can’t imagine anyone liking you.” Niel laughed.

“Ya! I’m not surprised about that. I’m surprised that you didn’t tell me. You, the most talkative person I know in this planet didn’t get itchy to tell that tale to me? The world must be ending!” Minsoo quips, a smile playing on his lips.

“It’s her secret, you know. And as a good friend, it’s my oath to keep it.” Niel said, proud of himself.

Minsoo looked at him. “So why are you telling me now?”

“Well, she said that I should only tell you that when I know that you share the same feeling as her.”

“But I don’t?” Minsoo said, unsure.

“Yes you do. And that’s what I’m going to tell her.” Niel smiled. Minsoo merely looked at him, weirded out.

--------

“What are you doing, hyung? I thought you said you wanted to have a girlfriend?” Niel asked as he stops Minsoo from backing out of the date he set for the two.

“Yeah. I said that. But who says I wanted to date a mother? What have you been thinking? She looks older than my own mom!” Minsoo screamed at him.

The two of them are outside the cafe where the date is set. Minsoo came minutes after Niel told him that the girl is already waiting for him. But before entering, Minsoo checked the girl first before boring holes into his friend’s head. What insanity is this?

Niel is laughing hard when Minsoo looked at him. “You think this is funny? You gave that woman hope that I’d date her! Now go and apologize for your stunts.” Minsoo said with authority.

“Relax, hyung. She doesn’t know who you are. You can go there and say that her date won’t be coming.” Niel is still laughing.

“What? You said she likes me? How come she doesn’t know who I am?” Minsoo asked confused.

“I just told her that I have a friend who’s looking for a girlfriend and she said she wanted to meet that friend. That’s when I thought of arranging this date.” Niel managed to say in between his laughter.

“What? Aish this crazy kid!” Minsoo lift his fist to punch Niel in the head but the younger is quick to dodge it. Not that he intends to punch him anyways. Niel moved away still laughing.

“Ya! Fix your mess. Go in there and tell her that her date isn’t coming.” Minsoo said resigned.

“Why would I? You’re the one who wanted to have a date with her.” Niel plays, his eyes still dancing in glee.

“Aish!” Minsoo run his palm across his face then on his head in frustration. Niel found this amusing and didn’t even thought of masking his amusement at Minsoo’s current predicament.

“Wait here. Don’t move. Don’t speak.” Minsoo commanded before entering the café. He walked to the direction of the lady wearing red printed shirt matched with red pants, red sandals, on her wrists are red-strapped wrist watch and red beaded bracelets. But the love for red didn’t stop there. She also wears a red hat, carried a red handbag, and in her hand is a red handkerchief. Maybe I can ask her what her favorite color is. I’d bet she’d say white. Minsoo thought as he head towards the old lady.

A few steps before he reached her, she noticed him coming. She smiled which made Minsoo nervous. I thought Niel said she doesn’t know me? But there’s no turning back now. Minsoo gathered air for his lungs before speaking.

“Ms. Kim?”

“Yes?”

“I’m the nephew of your date. Uhm.. my uncle is a little old and we had to rush him to the hospital this morning. But don’t worry, he’s okay now that’s why he was able to send me here and apologize on his behalf.” Minsoo weaved a series of lie and hopes that the lady in front of him would buy it.

She looked at him, question marks on her eyes. He smiled a small one at her.

“Can you say that again? My hearing is poor.” She said as she lock eyes with him, squinting, trying to see him clearly.

Minsoo was caught off guard. He doesn’t know what to do and he sure wouldn’t want to repeat all those lies and commit the sin a second time. He smiled at her and bowed a little.

“Nothing, ma’am. I said, you look good in red.” About face, and Minsoo is out of the restaurant.

“What did you tell her?” Niel asked as he walks to him.

“I told her I was the nephew of her supposed to be date but my uncle was rushed to the hospital so he couldn’t come.” Minsoo said in a rushed breath. He couldn’t believe what he just did.

“You what?” Niel laughed and laughed much to Minsoo’s annoyance.

Minsoo looked at him threateningly. “This is all your fault!”

“Aww… my dongsaeng is mad. Hyung is sorry. Shush now and don’t cry. Hyung will take care of you. Do you want ice cream? How about cake?” Niel cooed and put Minsoo’s head on his shoulder.

After a second, Minsoo ride along.

“Hyung.. but that kid.. he said that you’re ugly and that he wants to punch you senseless every time he sees you. I’m scared hyung, what if he really do that?” Minsoo played with the crazy game along.

“Don’t worry, hyung is stronger than all of them. Hyung will be fine.” Niel said, still into the game as they walk away from the café.

“I’m sad, hyung, she said she love me. How can she do that to me?” Minsoo mockingly cried on Niel’s shoulder.

“I know. I know. Didn’t she say that she’s y as well?”

“Yeah. She said her body size is 34-24-34, hyung. Perfect 9 to 1 body, hyung.” Minsoo “sniffs”.

“I told you not to believe on those facebook and twitter pictures. They’re all lies.”

“She also said that she’s pretty! What happened? Had she gone into an accident where her face gets totally shattered?” This time, Minsoo is “crying”.

They continue on with their crazy game as they walk on the street. People are staring at them but they don’t care.

“Shush now. My poor baby. Why are you looking elsewhere when I’m here? I will protect you and never let anyone harm you. I will never lie to you.” Niel said.

“Yeah. I have you. I don’t need a girlfriend. I have Niel.” Minsoo smiled.

Though no one is sure if they’re still playing their game or if they really meant these words as they say it.

 

________________________________________________________________

A/N: This is my sorta farewell gift to all of you lovely people who keeps supporting my stories! I'll be gone for a week. Yeehah! An out of town trip with my college girlfriends. :) Enjoy your week, everyone! See you next week. :)