Homo

N.A.P Oneshot Compilation

"Here we go again!" was all he said before stepping into the school gate. Another day at school, another day of suffering for Ahn Daniel.

 

Well, maybe suffering is a little too much. It's not like he's being bullied. He's thankful that he doesn't have that problem. And now that he think about it, why is that the case again? 

 

"Good morning, Niel!"

 

Right, the reason is because the famous student from the U.S. is his close friend. And since everybody wants to be friends with the cool kid in town, bullying his childhood friend wouldn't do the trick, right? Right. So, he owes something to his little friend? Niel thought as he return the greeting.

 

"Good morning to you too, L.Joe hyung. Where's Ricky?"

 

"I'm here! Wow, we're all early." quips the boy who just joined them.

 

"We're early? That's new." L.Joe snorts.

 

Together, the three of them walk to their first class.

 

--------

 

“You’re at it again?”

 

“Huh?” Niel was slightly startled and slightly confused with what Ricky said. The jolly boy sat beside him at their favorite spot in the school cafeteria.

 

Niel look at him with a huge question mark on his face. But instead of giving him a verbal response, Ricky pointed with his lips to the direction where Niel has been staring a while ago. Then he understood. He lowered his head, feeling embarrassed that his friend caught him ogling at his long-time crush, Bang Minsoo.

 

“What? It’s not like we don’t know you have a huge crush on him.” Ricky stated nonchalantly while stuffing his mouth with food. He offered some to Niel but the latter declined.

 

“You know?” Niel was shocked at this. He made sure no one will know of his secret. Apparently, that mission is a total fail.

 

“What is it?” L.Joe asked, popping out of nowhere before sitting himself down across the two.

 

“Niel hyung thought that we don’t know he has a huge crush on Minsoo.” Ricky answered as if it were nothing.

 

“I’m surprised you were able to say all those while your mouth is full and while Niel is choking you to death. From which planet did you came from?” L.Joe said before bursting out laughing.

 

“Yeah, hyung, you can let go of my neck now. I might die for real.” Ricky said, tapping on Niel’s hands that are still clamp around his throat.

 

“So, choking won’t kill you easily, huh? Then I have to think of some other means.” Niel said with gritted teeth, eyes going for the kill, while stabbing the chopsticks on the table.

 

“Hyu-hyung… Why are you being like this?” Ricky pleaded with his eyes, though his mouth is still busy with food.

 

“Have you thought of confessing?” L.Joe softly started after Niel decided to postpone the plan to kill Ricky with the chopsticks.

 

“Impossible!” Ricky interjected that made Niel grab the fork this time. Good thing, L.Joe stopped him from doing anything illegal. “Minsoo is a homo.”

 

“What? How do you know? Don’t tell me you already confessed but he turned you down?” L.Joe asked Niel worriedly.

 

“No! He didn’t. He was too chicken to even think about it.” This time, L.Joe had to sit between Niel and Ricky to stop the first from killing the latter.

 

“So how do you know that he’s a homo?”

 

Ricky was about to open his mouth again but L.Joe was quick to stuff it with bread.

 

“I’m talking to Niel.” He warned the youngest of them before turning to Niel who now has a smirk plastered on his face. “So?”

 

The smirk on Niel’s face was quick to fade.

 

“I’m waiting, Niel.” L.Joe said when Niel didn’t show any signs that he’s talking soon. He looked at the older guy before heaving a defeated sigh.

 

“Well, I have this friend who has a friend that has a friend who confessed his admiration for Minsoo.” Niel started using the softest voice he can, L.Joe had to lean towards him to hear what he’s saying. “He told me that when that friend of a friend confessed to him, he quickly turn him down and told the guy not to speak to him about that again.” Niel finished with an obvious pout.

 

“Now that is a problem.” L.Joe said while rubbing his chin.

 

Ricky was about to say something again but Niel and L.Joe both has been quick to cover the youngest’s mouth with the first thing they got their hands on.

 

--------

 

A few days after their talk at the cafeteria, Niel's heart is beating triple time while walking up the stage. The student council called for a student assembly at the school’s auditorium. Niel is the sophomore representative, and though he only have to speak to the sophomore students, he still need to go on the stage, in front of all the students, seniors included, to which Bang Minsoo belongs.

 

In the sea of faces, it’s a wonder for Niel how he can always spot Minsoo’s face. Those dark lines for eyes, thick eyebrows, prominent nose, thin but finely shaped lips, superb jaw line, neck and adam’s apple, Niel had to stop himself from staring. He gulps the lump on his throat then began addressing his fellow sophomore students.

 

When the assembly was done, Ricky and L.Joe are waiting for him near the exit.

 

“If you don’t want Minsoo to know that you have a crush on him, please stop your eyes from leaving their sockets just so you can stare at him all you want.” L.Joe teased.

 

“I’m not staring at him. What are you talking about, hyung?” Niel defended.

 

“Yeah yeah, kid yourself.” Ricky also teased.

 

“I don’t think we can guarantee now that Minsoo wouldn't think that you were checking him out. I don’t think the guy is dense.”

 

Niel stopped at that. Indeed, he couldn’t stop himself from staring at him, towards his direction, and generally staring at Minsoo's face while he was up on the stage. But he knows he made sure it’s moderate. That he made it look like he’s just trying to communicate to his audiences better by having eye contact here and there. Now he doubt himself if he really has been staring lock on Minsoo.

 

“Did I really?” Niel’s face is a perfect mask of worry.

 

That’s when his two best friends burst out laughing.

 

“Ya! It’s not funny!”

 

LJoe and Ricky just went on laughing while Niel march out of the auditorium to go and get his bag. School’s over, he better go home quick before the two could more.

 

--------

 

Now walking home alone, Niel decided to pass by a convenience store and get himself some ice cream. The weather’s starting to heat up so he craves for something sweet and cold. He’s walking to the counter when he bumped into someone. And to Niel’s horror, that someone is none other than Bang Min to the freaking gorgeousness soo! This time, Niel really felt his eyes leave their sockets from the great shock. He suddenly couldn’t feel the ground he’s stepping on, the whole world vanished except for the man standing in front of him, and the air started to feel heavy and solid, he couldn’t inhale it.

 

“So, I really am scary, huh?” Minsoo’s words pulled Niel out of his black hole.

 

“H-huh? N-no.. You’re not scary. I was just st-startled.” Niel stuttered as he try his best to hide his flustered face. This is the first time he has ever talked to Minsoo and he is stuttering like this. Great. Just great.

 

When Minsoo smiled, Niel almost felt his knees wobble. “Don’t worry, I’m used to people getting scared of me.”

 

Suddenly, the images of people confessing to Minsoo, then being turned down and screamed out at, flashed on Niel’s brain. He suddenly felt heavy that he would never be with this man. He turned his back and put his money on the counter. He already have his ice cream on hand so he didn’t bother waiting for the receipt and just walked out of the store.

 

“Hey wait! Your change!” Niel heard from behind him but he pay it no mind. He’s feeling heavy and, though this might sound a little too dramatic, he felt betrayed. Betrayed by the universe that the only man he has ever took a liking to would never like him back. He hate gay people! He would hate me too if I ever confess to him. That smile he gave me earlier is the only thing I will ever get from him. Niel went on walking aimlessly until he finished his ice cream.

 

Now feeling a little better, his senses back to his surrounding, he felt someone observing him but he was too scared to look behind thinking it’s a bad man. He quicken his pace in attempts to shake the mysterious man away. But the steps are persistent. Niel is now sure that the person is indeed following him.

 

“I don’t have money.” Niel braved saying. Maybe the man will go away?

 

He heard the man chuckle. “I know. I got your money.”

 

Hearing that voice, Niel quickly turn on his heels and face the owner of the voice. Niel caught his jaw in time before it drops to the ground. Standing in front of him is a panting, sweating Minsoo, who is, again, smiling at him.

 

Minsoo’s smile was too bright it’s almost blinding Niel. Not that he’s complaining. He would bargain his sight any time if that meant seeing Minsoo’s beautiful smile every day.

 

“You left your change in the convenience store. I bought it for you. Here.” Minsoo was saying as he walk closer to Niel, hands stretched out, giving him his change.

 

Niel placed his open palm in front of him to receive the money from Minsoo. Inside his head he’s thinking: I will put these money on a frame and hang it on my bedroom wall. Minsoo touched it! And I will soon touch the thing that he touched!! Oh. My. God!

 

“T-thank you. You shouldn’t have bothered.” Niel couldn’t stop himself from smiling. He was cradling the change in his hands as though those are the most precious things in the world.

 

“No, it’s okay. I also have something to ask you so…” Minsoo let his sentence trail. Niel was stupidly staring at his face. “Do you have a crush on me?”

 

Niel almost stumble on his place upon hearing that. Does this mean he really noticed me gawking at him at the assembly earlier? Damn, I should’ve been more discreet about it. But why is he asking me this?

 

As though reading his thoughts, Minsoo added; “Well, I noticed that you kept on staring at me during the assembly. I was just thinking.”

 

Isn’t he being too proud of himself right now?

 

“No, I’m not conceited or anything. I just wanna know.”

 

“Why?” Dumb question, Niel. He reprimanded himself.

 

“Well..” Minsoo trails off. “I just want to know.”

 

“Why?” Oh please Minsoo, just think that I am so stupid for you to be talking to and just go! I might collapse soon and I don’t want to embarrass myself in front of you. Damn feels.

 

Minsoo looked at him, trying to size the circumstances. “Okay. There is someone I like and I don’t know how to let that person know.” Minsoo’s words are hammers that are continuously pulverizing Niel’s heart.

 

Is she pretty? Are her smiles sweet like candy? Is she y? Do I know her? Who is she? Where is she? Niel suddenly felt like a barbarian, ready to skin a certain girl alive.

 

“He’s a guy.”

 

“What? I thought you’re a homo?” It’s late when Niel realized what he just said. He covers his mouth with his hand.

 

“What made you say that?” Minsoo was completely confused about what Niel said. Now this isn’t something he’ll let slide so easily.

 

Niel, understanding it, quickly resigned and decided to tell the other guy.

 

“Well, I have a friend who has a friend who has a friend who confessed to you.” Niel started, sizing Minsoo’s reaction.

 

“Okay..” Minsoo said, permitting him to go on.

 

“..and you rejected him in a blink of an eye.” Niel finished, uncertain if he really should be telling Minsoo this. What would he think of me now? That I spread other people’s story around? That’s a bad image to have.

 

“How does that make me a homo?” Minsoo asked confused.

 

“Huh?” Niel was confused as well.

 

“Couldn’t it be that I’m just waiting for someone to confess to me? That I was reserving my “yes” to that someone special?” The way Minsoo is staring at Niel as he say these words is making Niel’s throat feel dry. He couldn’t be implying anything, right? He’s just giving out scenarios. Don’t get your hopes too high, Ahn Daniel. Don’t kid yourself.

 

Niel cleared his throat before speaking. “W-well y-yeah. It could be that.”

 

“So?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“About my question.”

 

“What about it?”

 

“How do I confess to the guy I like?”

 

Why are you asking me?

 

“Well, I’m used to being confessed to, so I haven't confessed to anyone before. That’s why I’m just waiting for that someone to confess to me too." Minsoo’s laugh is raw. It’s easy to tell that he’s embarrassed. Despite the fact that Niel is hurting inside, he likes the sound of Minsoo’s laughter. “And, you’re the one who knows that guy really well.”

 

With that, Niel’s ears heated up. A guy I know really well? Could it be L.Joe? No. Ricky? Hah! I will torture that kid for being liked by my beloved Minsoo! I will start by buying extra special pizza and not giving him even the crumbs of it. I will eat it in front of him and not let him have a bite, even a , while he is tied to the chair. That’s what you get for charming my Minsoo!

 

“Niel?”

 

“Huh? Y-yeah. You were saying?” I have to concentrate on Minsoo right now. I will deal with that pig Ricky later.

 

“Help me confess to him.” The sincerity on Minsoo’s eyes makes Niel want to drown in them. They were standing close to each other and Niel could literally reach Minsoo and touch him if he would just stretch his arms out. But he likes Ricky!! The thought makes Niel want to pull all his hair out.

 

“Why did you suddenly decided to confess to him now?” Yeah, why now? Now that I have grown to really like you?

 

“Well.. let’s just say I got tired of waiting for him to confess to me? I got tired of following him home from school like some creep?”

 

Niel’s brain is racing at the speed of light. He’s following Ricky home? I wouldn’t know this because the three of us takes different direction when going home. Hmm…

 

“I got tired of waiting for him to show up at the school gate every morning?”

 

He’s waiting there?

 

“And I think I’m getting tired of trying to avoid his gaze when I know that he’s also trying to avoid mine.” Minsoo smiled at this.

 

WHAT??!! Ricky has been gazing at my Minsoo??!! I now know that he knows I like Minsoo. How can he do this? That kid!! Now, what’s the most vicious way to torture that pig?

 

“..and I’m tired of explaining all this to the person I really like who thinks that I like his friend.”

 

Ricky!! Wait, what?

 

“You’re cute, you know that?” Minsoo laughed heartily.

 

“What?”

 

“So I guess, this is it?” Minsoo still smiles, and question marks still float above Niel’s head. “I asked you to tell me how to confess to the one I like but I guess I’m doing it anyway, huh?" another smile.

 

“...Ahn Daniel.. can you be my boyfriend?” The look on Minsoo’s eyes as he say these words transported Niel to a wonderful place filled with flowers and trees and butterflies.

 

 

 

“Punch me.”

 

“Huh? Why would I do that?”

 

“To wake me. This is definitely a dream. The one person I’ve been dreaming of is confessing to me? Yep, this is a dream. So, punch me.” Niel said, now offering the side of his face for Minsoo to punch.

 

“What? So you like me too?” The happiness on Minsoo’s face is clear, but his object of affection acting all weirdo and asking him to punch him is ruining the mood. He heaved a sigh. I guess this is what I have to deal with every day from now on, huh? But I’m not complaining. I love his weirdo-ness. Minsoo smiled at the thought. But first, there is a business to be done. “Okay. Prepare yourself. I won’t hold back.”

 

Niel readied himself for the impact. He nodded his head towards Minsoo before closing his eyes tight.

 

“Here it goes.” Niel heard Minsoo say. But instead of a hard knuckle to connect on his face, he felt warm, soft, moist lips against his. His eyes bulged out of their sockets. This time, Niel swear that he could feel them falling off.

 

“I will never punch that pretty face. Maybe a kiss will wake you up and tell you that this is indeed the reality?” Minsoo said with a sweet smile on his face. Ahn Daniel is his from now on. Oh, the joy he feels right now.

 

That sweet smile was the last thing Niel saw before everything went black.

 

“Well, I didn’t expected that.” L.Joe said behind the tree.

 

“What, the kiss? Nah, Minso hyung has been fantasizing about those lips from day one. Of course he will not let the first chance he get to kiss it.” Changjo, one of Minsoo’s friends said.

 

“No, L.Joe hyung is talking about Niel hyung passing out.” Ricky answered.

 

“Oh. Yeah. Well, maybe Minsoo hyung forgot to brush his teeth. The smell made Niel pass out.” Chunji, another of Minsoo’s friends said that made them laugh in chorus.

 

The four of them has been spying the two from the time they left school. Minsoo told his friends that he will wait no more and confess to the apple of his eye today. Chunji and Changjo, being secretly friends with L.Joe and Ricky told the latter two about this. And so, the plan to spy on the two has been made.

 

“Now who wants pizza?” Chunji asked as they march away from the scene.

 

“I don’t think pizza’s a good food for me right now. I can’t explain why though..” Ricky answered.

 

Meanwhile…

 

“Niel.. what’s wrong? Hey, wake up!” Minsoo was calling out to the passed out Niel in his arms.

 

In his dream, Niel can see Minsoo carrying him in his arms then sitting him down on his lap. He wrapped his arms around Minsoo’s neck and inhales his scent. He felt happy and contented before falling asleep with a smile on his face.

 

“Cute.” Minsoo said as he stare down at the sleeping Niel in his arms.

 

_____________________________________________________________

A/N: Kyaa kyaa kyaa!! So I tried on some comedy. I know this isn't funny at all but yeah, I wanted to try. Haha. Comments please! :D