Library (Part 2)

N.A.P Oneshot Compilation

“My name is Bang Minsoo. I don’t know your name but I would really love to know. Or… do you want me to just call you “Mine?”

 

Minsoo watch as the angel in front of him stared at him with a face as blank as a white paper sold on a bookstore. The thought that maybe the boy didn’t hear him crossed his mind but he couldn’t bring himself to utter that phrase again. If not for keeping his cool, he could’ve facepalmed from the cheesiness of what he said and the unlikeliness of those words escaping his mouth in normal situations caused him to bite his tongue. When the boy turned his face around and walked away from him, he didn’t had the courage nor the will to chase after him.

 

*flashback*

 

“I’m betting a hundred thousand won that you can’t back up what you just said.” Zico said, a friend of Minsoo’s.

 

“What? You don’t believe I can take anyone I want when I want them?” Minsoo asked, a half smile playing on his lips but his resolve is full that he never back out from his words. “Hundred thousand won it is then.”

 

“Woah! So you’ll pay if you couldn’t prove that to me?” Zico asked, his excitement growing by the second. He enjoys playing with Minsoo.

 

“Make that, are you willing to pay? ‘Cause I’ll be taking your cash, dude.” Minsoo smirked. The thoughts of buying a new game console quickly crossed his mind.

 

“Huh! Someone is conceited!” Zico laughed.

 

“Nope. This someone is confident.” And the two of them laughed.

 

“Okay. Can you work your magic on that one?” Zico pointed at random.

 

“Which one?”

 

“That one.”

 

Minsoo followed the direction to where his friend’s finger is pointed and he immediately pouted.

 

“What? But that’s a boy!” Minsoo half screamed, aware that they are in front of the library.

 

“Hmm.. So did I mishear you saying you can take ANYONE?” A teasing grin is clearly pasted on Zico’s lips as he look at his friend who looked at him for a second then stared back at the boy seated inside the library. His back is on them so he couldn’t see the face.

 

“Pay up!” Minsoo’s trance was cut short when he heard Zico say.

 

“What?”

 

“Pay up, dude, you lost.”

 

“We haven’t even started yet!”

 

“So, you’re doing it?”

 

“Of course I’m doing it!”

 

Zico clapped his hands twice as he laugh aloud at the silliness of what his friend just agreed to do.

 

“Good luck.” He chimed, giving Minsoo a pat on the back before making his way onto the next building where he will be meeting his friends.

 

Minsoo was left there, still staring at the back of the person, that for a hundred thousand won, he agreed to seduce. Wow, Minsoo.. the crazy things you get yourself into. He shook his head and made his way inside the library. He greeted the student assistant, Chanhee, and asked for the books he asked the female-looking lad to reserve for him.

 

*end of flashback*

 

That’s where all of these things started. But he never imagined that what started as a silly bet with his silly friend could get him to where he is right now: staring at the receding back of the most beautiful boy he has ever met in his short life.

 

Minsoo shook his head smiling before turning the other way and looking forward to how this bet shall go.

 

The next day, Minsoo was, again, on his way to the library to ogle at his newly-appointed favorite face in the university, if not the world. He was five minutes away from the library when he felt his phone vibrate on his jeans pocket. He took it and answered the call. It was Chanhee.

 

“Yo.”

 

“Hi. Can I ask you a favor?”

 

“Hmm.”

 

“Can you man the library desk for a while for me, please?”

 

“Why?”

 

“Just had an emergency. Please. One hour max.”

 

Minsoo breathed out.

 

“Yay! Thanks, Minsoo! I owe you one!” And the line went dead.

 

Minsoo stared at his phone for a few seconds then shook his head in disbelief. Did he say yes? He made his way to the library.

 

Once there, Minsoo’s gaze quickly locked at the spot where he saw lip boy for the last two days. His shoulders slumped after seeing that his beauty is not there.

 

“Minsoo! Thank you! I’ll be back as soon as I can, okay?” And Chanhee was out of his sight in a matter of seconds.

 

Minsoo shook his head. As if he doesn’t know that Chanhee would just be meeting Byunghun.

 

So.. lip boy is not here. What to do? He sat on the stool in front of the computer where information about the students borrowing books are entered. He gave the computer a bored look before he put his heavy head on his two open palms, his elbows resting on the computer table.

 

“I’m borrowing this.” Minsoo saw a book and a library card being placed on the table. He lazily took both, and started typing the reference number of the book and the name of the borrower which he took from the library card with not much of an interest. When he’s done, he handed the book and the card back to the student. That’s when he looked up and saw the retreating back of his beautiful obsession. He smirked. Ahn Daniel..

 

“Hey.”

 

Niel looked up as he saw someone sat in front of him.

 

“Hi! My name is Minsoo. Nice to meet you, Daniel.” The man smiled and offered a hand. Niel looked at the man’s outstretched hand then back to the face of the man claiming to be Minsoo. Niel didn’t hid his boredom and lack of interest as he heaved a sigh then went back to reading his book.

 

“Uhm… you’re not deaf, are you?” Again, the man in front of him spoke. Niel ignored him. He’s not in the mood for any conversation. Jonghyun dumped him for being too loud so he decided that he’d keep his mouth shut from here on. Jeez, the thought of Jonghyun brought a bitter taste in his mouth. Niel grimaced.

 

“Was your stomach upset? Maybe you need some meds?” Niel looked at the man with a frown. Why couldn’t he understand that he doesn’t wanna talk? Niel then turned the frown into a scowl to make the man go away.

 

“Leave me alone.” Niel softly said.

 

“Woah! So you’re not mute and not deaf either. That’s great to know.” Again, the man smiled at him but this time, Niel has convinced himself that the man is somewhat sick in the head and couldn’t properly interpret body language.

 

As though the man doesn’t want the silence between them to stretch even for a few seconds, he opened his mouth again.

 

“Hey, I like you. Do you want to grab a bite? My treat.”

 

This time, Nie is definite that this man is sick in the head. He put his book down, rest his elbow on the table, place his chin on his open palm, leaned in closer, and stared at the man’s eyes.

 

“Whatever your problem might be, I’m not interested.” Niel said, enunciating each word. But his back hasn’t even touched the backrest of the chair yet when the man spoke yet again. Why is Niel not even surprised? The man is truly sick in the head.

 

“Not interested? But it’s free food, dude, whoever on this planet is not interested in free food? Come on!” The man whined.

 

Niel decided that talking to him is a waste of time. He decided to ignore him.

 

“You’re so beautiful. You’re so pretty. You look like an angel. I thought you were an angel the first time I saw you. Why did they send you here? What’s your mission here on earth? Can I see your wings? How are you hiding them? Where’s your halo? What does God look like?” On and on, the man in front of him babble words that Niel tried his best not to hear. The man is really starting to get on his nerves. Who is this guy anyway?

 

***

 

I can see that he’s starting to get annoyed. I don’t know why, but he looks cute getting red because of his suppressed anger. Well, this confirms that he’s human. I heard that angels are really patient and always calm. I smiled. I must really be losing my mind.

 

I’ve been pestering him for almost an hour now and I might say, I’m enjoying watching his reactions. No matter how hard he try to hide them, I can see that me calling him beautiful and mistaking him for an angel is affecting him in a way that’s favorable to my cause. New game console, here I come! I celebrated inside my head.

 

“Hey, are you annoyed?” I asked him just to test if he’s going to burst anytime soon. He closed his eyes and closed the book. Then he looked at me. Straight into the eyes, straight into my soul.

 

“Leave me the hell alone!”

 

“I don’t wanna.” I said, my chin resting on my palm as I stare at his round eyes.

 

I was surprised when he screamed and pulled on his hair.

 

Woah! What’s happening? Is he really sick and that he’s having a seizure? Oh no! I have to do something! Call the nurse! Yes, call the nurse!

 

I was already on my feet to get the landline on the desk and call the infirmary when I looked at him and saw the burning anger in his eyes. “You!” He pointed an angry finger at me. I didn’t realize that we were creating a scene until I noticed the few students in the library at that time looking our way and watching as the scene unfold.

 

“Yes, angel? What do you want?” I walked toward him, worry on my face. My angel is in pain. Oh no!

 

“You! Me! Outside!” He screamed before walking out of the library, leaving our small audience clueless about what really transpired.

 

I smiled. “Oh! So you finally agreed to go out with me? I knew it. I knew you wouldn’t be able to resist my charm any longer than average human can. But I have to applaud you for lasting a couple more minutes than others. Woah! Good job!” I rant on happily as I follow him outside.

 

We were completely out of the library when he stopped walking and faced me. He was smiling. Oh, he’s more beautiful when he smiles.

 

“So, where do you wanna eat?” I asked as naturally as I can.

 

Instead of answering, he walked towards me, his smile unfaltering. I knew it. I knew he wouldn’t be able to resist my charm. What now? Are you going to kiss me with those deliciously looking lips of yours? Okay, my body is ready!

 

I stood there waiting for him. Our eyes locked and in one swift movement, I felt something I’ve never felt before. Is this what they call ecstasy? Yes, this must be it. At first, I couldn’t explain what happened. All I know is that in one fluid stride, Daniel, my beautiful angel, is now standing face to face with me. He’s still smiling which makes him appear even more beautiful. God! I can drown in those eyes and that smile. But what did he do? I’m starting to feel my knees going weak and felt them hit the concrete a second after. Wait, what? Why am I leaning on the ground? Does his kiss have that much effect on me? Oh no! This must be love if it’s this intense. I tried to smile at him but the pain suddenly shot through my brain when I realized what he just did.

 

He kneed me there. Yes. My angel kneed my little me who I intend to introduce to this beauty after we go out tonight. I screamed and doubled in pain as I grab my manhood, thinking that could stop the pain. “The hell!

 

I was losing breath from so much pain but the boy just stood there, smirking at my own expense.

 

____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: This is what happens when I allow my fingers do the thinking. The story tends to get longer! Hahaha! But I'm liking how this story is going. Hehehe. How about you? Liking this too? Let me hear your thoughts, Angels. :))

Here's some N.A.P lovin' from Fukuoka for us. :))