TWELVE

Opposites Attract

Chapter Twelve

The ride back to Sora’s apartment is filled with silence. She has questions but based on the stoic expression on Baekhyun’s face the likelihood of receiving answers was low. Instead, Sora stares out the window, watching the city zoom by in a blur. A look of confusion crosses Sora’s face when Baekhyun pulls into a random parking spot on the side of the road. She glances out the window, spotting a variety of food tents lined up.
“I thought we were going back to my place?” Sora looks over at the driver who has not taken his keys out of the ignition.
“Aren’t you hungry?” Baekhyun counters with his own question as he reaches over to unbuckle the girl’s seatbelt.
“But your wounds-” Baekhyun swiftly cuts her off.
“I’m hungry.”
“We’re dressed like we’re walking the red carpet. It’s emba-”
“I’m hungry.” He pouts, triggering butterflies within Sora’s stomach.
“You probably haven’t restocked your fridge since the last time.” He adds as he climbs out from the driver’s side. Sora follows Baekhyun’s movements with her eyes as he makes his way around to open the door for her. He holds her hand out towards her.
“You’re not wrong.” Sora mumbles as she wraps the winter shawl tightly around her shoulders before  placing her hand in his.  

The various aromas floating from food tent to food tent wraps the two of them in a blanket of cravings. Sora attempts to hide the low grumbling from her stomach, but it’s no use. Baekhyun’s already stifling down a chuckle, earning him a pointed glare.
“Where to first?” He asks, gesturing for Sora to decide. She gladly takes up on the task. Sora begins walking, her eyes exploring the different options. Baekhyun remains a few steps behind, observing Sora’s excited expression shift to concern every other second as she grabs the dress’ skirt to keep it from getting drenched by the freshly fallen snow. He clicks his tongue before widening his gait to catch up. Sora gasps when she feels his fingers interlace with hers. Her eyes nearly pop out of their sockets when she sees the green fabric fall to the ground. Sora attempts to grab her skirt, but Baekhyun only tightens his grasp.
“It’s just a dress, it’ll be fine.” Baekhyun assures her as he tucks their entwined hands into his coat pocket. The corner of his lips curling in satisfaction at her speechless reaction.
“I’m in the mood for fish cakes.” Baekhyun declares, pulling her towards the enticing aroma and warmth.

Baekhyun is fifteen skewers in at the fishcake stand and counting. Sora stares in awe at how he seems to inhale the fishcakes one after the other. The boy was a living Kirby.
“Are you going to stop staring and eat already?” Baekhyun, in that ever-so-charming boyish manner, asks with a full mouth of food. Sora grimaces.
“Yah, are you judging me right now?” Baekhyun interrogates, a look of disbelief sprawled on his face. This is another side of Baekhyun she has met.
“Even the great Byun Baekhyun is just another messy college boy.” Sora snickers. He clicks his tongue at the girl. Sora opens to speak but is met with the savory taste of fishcake instead. She frantically catches the end of the skewer to prevent it from falling, not forgetting to send a scowl in Baekhyun’s direction. Said boy only chuckles.
“I’ve been through a lot tonight, be easy on me, sweetheart.”

 

Sora watches as Baekhyun collapses onto the couch like a building during an earthquake, covering his eyes with the back of his arm. He looks exhausted. She can’t tell if it’s from this evening’s events or the fishcake food coma. Moving silently, Sora saunters to her bedroom to change out of the dress. Her body feels free once again when she slips an oversized T-shirt dress over her small frame. She reaches for a pair of sleeping shorts as well. Sora begins diving into her dresser, her eyes searching for anything big enough for the man sitting outside of her room. She huffs when she comes up with nothing. Suddenly, a light bulb turns on within and she rushes to her closet. She grabs the shirt that Baekhyun had lent her off its hanger, thankful that she had some type of clothing for him.

Baekhyun’s still lying motionless on the couch when she returns. The only sign of life being the slow rise and fall of his chest. She quietly walks to him, tapping his arm lightly with her index finger.
“I only have a shirt for you.” Sora tells him, setting the item on his stomach.
“It’s okay, I’m wearing boxers.” Baekhyun suddenly speaks up, finally moving his arm to make eye contact with her. Her face burns with embarrassment. It’s okay, right? Boxers were basically the same as shorts, so she shouldn’t feel shy, right?
“Your wounds need to get treated, you can change in my bedroom while I get the first aid kit.” Sora points in the direction of her room. He wordlessly follows her instructions and disappears down the hall.

He doesn’t know what he expects when he walks through the door. Maybe a bunch of plushies? Pink blankets? A bunch of pictures on the wall? Most of the girls’ rooms he’s been in, for reasons not needing explanation, were overly feminine or cluttered with all those Pinterest room décor ideas. Sora’s was not. It was clean and simple, very much like his own. The walls had minimal decorations, a

Somehow, some way Baekhyun beats her back to the living room. Sora couldn’t help the tint of red creeping on her face when she spots him laying down on the sofa in only his shirt and boxers on. A few fleeting moments dance by before Sora can bring her feet to move. She squats down, bringing herself to eyelevel with Baekhyun. He doesn’t move and his eyes lay peacefully closed. Did he fall asleep just like that? Selfishly, she takes this time to drink in his presence. Even with the bruises and cuts Byun Baekhyun was mesmerizing.
“Done staring yet, sweetheart?” Baekhyun smirks, his eyes fluttering open to catch the girl in the act.
“I-I wasn’t…” Sora sheepishly murmurs under her breath. His smirk only deepens, signaling his victory.

Sora stands up, gesturing for the boy to sit up straight so she can more easily tend to his wounds. With a grunt, Baekhyun does as she wants, pulling his body into an upward position. Sora opens the first aid kit and pulls out a small tube of Neosporin and Q-tips. She glances down at Baekhyun, trying to plan out the best way to apply it. It's not the first time she's done this, but why is it so hard to do so now? She awkwardly bends down and begins to delicately apply the ointment to the tiny abrasion on his cheek. A quiet hiss escapes from his lips at the contact.
“Stay still… It’s already hard enough trying to-” The words are snatched from her breath when she feels a pair of warm hands yanking her forward. Her body falls into shock when she collides onto Baekhyun’s lap.
“Baekhyun,” Sora attempts to remove herself from his body, but his palms hold her in place, not giving her any other choice but to straddle him.
“It’s easier this way, now hurry up before my handsome face gets scarred.” Baekhyun argues, lifting his chin slightly to give her access to his face. Knowing Baekhyun, she wouldn’t be able to change his mind. Defeatedly, she returns to focusing on his injuries.

“You’re not curious about my dad?” Baekhyun suddenly speaks up, breaking the somewhat tranquil silence that filled the air. He watches Sora’s expression, looking for any hints that would give away her thoughts.
“A little.” She answers as she carefully applies a bandage to his cheek. Baekhyun’s a bit taken aback by her honesty. It’s charming.
“I’m not going to force you to tell me though. It’s your business.” She adds with a shrug. A subtle smile pulls at his lips.
“My father likes everything a certain way.” Baekhyun sighs. He reads her face again. She’s tentatively listening, giving him the green light.
“And I don’t like being controlled. You can see where we’d heads. It’s more than that though. My lack of freedom isn’t enough to make me rebellious.” He pauses, letting Sora turn his head to better apply the medicine.
“That old man, just can’t keep it in his pants. It infuriates me seeing my mom hurt by his affairs. She just accepts it.” Sora glances down at Baekhyun’s clenched fist then at the frustrated tear just barely appearing in the corner of his eyes. His lips tremble the slightest bit and he hurriedly presses them as an attempt to stop. Seeing Baekhyun upset tugs at Sora's heart. Without hesitation, her hands find their way to his fists and slowly relaxes them, intertwining her fingers with his instead. Like a child, he holds onto her hand tightly, finding comfort in them. His eyes soften as they fall upon her caring ones. He was the one reading her earlier, but somehow the roles have changed. Sora has come across \yet another side of Byun Baekhyun, the vulnerable Baekhyun.

 

A comforting silence falls over the two again. Neither minds it. Something about just being beside one another was eventful enough. Baekhyun watches, mesmerized, as Sora gets lost in treating his wounds again. His gaze taking in all the little details that make Kang Sora, Kang Sora: the slight furrow in her brows as she concentrates, the thin dainty eyelashes that move with every blink, the slight purse of her pink lips. Those lips…

It happens in a split moment, the curve of Baekhyun’s soft lips fall perfectly onto Sora’s. Her body betrays her, caving in unknowingly and melting into Baekhyun’s enticing kiss. The gentle touch of his faintly calloused fingertips on her jaw sends a numbing sensation across her skin, jolting her back to reality. This was Byun Baekhyun: the engaged heir of the Byun family. She presses her palms firmly against his chest, abruptly breaking the kiss with a single shove. To say Baekhyun is surprised would be an understatement. His eyes blink expectantly at the girl, questioning why.
“You’re engaged.” She simply states in quiet whisper. He rolls his eyes out of frustration.
“How many times do I have to tell you?” He sighs. Baekhyun moves at the speed of light, his palms confidently holding her waist as he flips their position. Sora collapses against the cushions of the sofa, trapped underneath Baekhyun like prey. Her doe-like eyes stare up at him in disbelief.
“No, I’m not.” He mutters before meeting her lips with his own once more.

Honey. Baekhyun’s lips were like sweet, sweet honey and Sora was utterly addicted. Hungry and ravenous, that’s how she imagined the unpredictable Byun Baekhyun’s lips. However, his kisses were startlingly gentle and passionate. Sora only sinks deeper into Baekhyun’s alluring touch as he does what he does best: make Sora reckless and carefree. This was Byun Baekhyun, the man she, without warning, fell for.

Baekhyun pulls away first, lips flushed and shallow breaths escaping his mouth as he tenderly gazes down at the girl. Breathtaking.
“Kang Sora,” Her name comes out as a breathless whisper, causing Sora’s heart to rapidly race. Baekhyun leans in, brushing her nose with another caress of his lips. Any moment now and her heart would practically burst through her chest. His dark brown irises lock with hers, radiating an unfamiliar sensation that sends a burning thrill across Sora’s skin.

“I’ve fallen for you.”

 


Hello readers! I'm back with another update so I hope you all enjoy it! 
What has been your favorite BaekhyunxSora moment so far?
I'd say mine is when Baekhyun rescued her at his party. I'm a er for cool and mysterious Baekhyun.