THREE

Opposites Attract

Chapter Three

Sora closely watches Baekhyun as he leans over the balcony railing beside her, looking out over the small crowd gathering around the pool. The moonlight seems to bounce off his pale skin as he takes a sip from his flask. Sora would be lying if she said she didn’t find the boy alluring.  
“You know, I didn’t take you for the partying type.” Baekhyun chuckles, breaking the awkward silence between the two. From Sehun, he gathered that Sora was the biggest homebody in Seoul. So, imagine his surprise seeing said homebody living it up on the dance floor at his own house.
“That’s because I’m not.” Sora retorts. Why was she still beside him? She didn’t know him and most of all, he had a reputation that she did not want to be apart of.
“Oh really? Because you were having a ball dancing the night away inside.” Baekhyun points out, turning to face her. He smirks when he notices the subtle tint of rose spreading across Sora’s cheeks. He saw her dancing. Was he watching the whole time?
“I was told you were a homebody, but you surprise me.” Baekhyun continues, taking another swig from his flask. Was he asking around about her? Sora brushes it off, why would Baekhyun care?
“Just because I prefer being home than out doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy having fun sometimes.” Sora states. She quite enjoyed the times that Eunhae forced her to go out and socialize, it was just tiring. Extremely tiring.

“Want some?” He offers up his bottle. Sora glances at the flask with wariness. The last thing she needed was to be tipsy with Baekhyun. He reads her expression immediately, letting out a hearty laugh.
“Don’t you trust me?” He asks, raising a brow.
“No.” As if not expecting that, he blinks.
“Blunt. I like that.” Baekhyun grins, his brown orbs twinkling as he looks at Sora.
“Shouldn’t you be… I don’t know, enjoying your party?” Sora asks, narrowing her eyes on the boy. Why was Mr. Casanova still chatting with her?
“I am, with you.” His words come out almost automatic. Smooth, just how a womanizer would speak, and Sora knew better than to fall for his act. Byun Baekhyun was trouble with a capital T.

“Sora!” Eunhae’s shout and the sound of the doors swinging open breaks the balcony’s stillness. The blonde looks hysterical, her eyes quickly flooding with relief when she sees Sora in one piece.
“Oh my goodness, I thought I lost you! One moment you were there and then the next you were gone.” Eunhae’s words tumble out of like the nonstop chatterbox she is. It’s only after the words stop spilling that she register’s the male’s presence. She raises a brow, looking to Sora for an explanation.
“I’m fine Eunhae, I think it’s time to head home.” Sora claims as she snakes her arm around Eunhae’s elbow and begins tugging her back through the doorway.
“You can’t tell me that there’s nothing going on now.” Eunhae whispers under her breath when Sora manages to turn her around.

“You came all the way to my house but didn’t bring me my blazer. When am I going to get it back, sweetheart?” Baekhyun’s loud voice calls out from the balcony, overpowering the sound of the party inside. Sora shrinks as several eyes begin to look her way. Byun Baekhyun was enjoying putting Sora in the spotlight, but every living cell in her hated it.

 

Sora leans on her desk, barely listening as the professor drones on and on about Fibonacci’s series. Her mind is bustling, wondering about what she would be getting for lunch today. Korean? Italian? Chinese? She couldn’t exactly pinpoint what her taste buds were yearning for. If there was one person who always knew what to eat, it would be Song Eunhae. Sending a cautious glance in the professor’s direction, Sora sneaks a quick text message under the table.

Kang Sora: Lunch?

It doesn’t take too long before Sora’s screen lights up with a reply.

Song Eunhae: There’s a new pizza place down the street. Meet you there.

As expected, Song Eunhae never disappoints.

 

Sora is light on her feet, letting her desire for pizza lead her through the crowded university courtyard. She already decided after glancing at their online menu what she would get and was watering at the thought.

“Kang Seri?” A nasally voice calls out. Sora feels a foreign grip on her elbow, yanking her backwards. Quite annoyed, she examines the stranger putting their hands on her. The girl wasn’t anyone she had met before. Trust her, she would remember someone with red hair.
Sora. It’s Kang Sora.” She corrects her before jerking her arm away from her touch.
“And what do you want from me?” Sora not so nicely demands with her arms crossed and eyes expecting. The red head isn’t intimated one bit though and makes that clear as she leans in closer.
“Why are you hanging around Baekhyun so much?” She interrogates, eyes narrowing to two thin slits. A look of confusion erupts on Sora’s face, then one of annoyance. She has only known of his existence for two days and look at what trouble he’s already brought into her peaceful life.
“I don’t hang around him, we’re not even friends.” Sora replies before whirling around, but not before being tugged back again.
“What game are you trying to play!?” The girl shrieks, impatience teeming in her speech.
“Calm your , I have nothing to do with Baekhyun.” Sora scorns as she once again rips the red head’s grip off. The girl’s pointed glare makes it clear that she doesn’t believe Sora, but who was she that Sora had to even care?

 

“What took you so long?” Eunhae questions as Sora slides into the booth across from her. The girl was visibly irritated, which wasn’t exactly a normal thing when it comes to Sora.
“Some red head stopped me today interrogating me about Baekhyun.” Sora rolls her eyes in frustration as she takes a sip from the fountain drink.
“Cherry?” Sora guesses, lifting the foam cup up to check inside.
“They ran out of the vanilla flavor. Did you say a red head?” Eunhae asks, getting a half nod from Sora.
“Lee Yuri, she’s basically the president of the Byun Baekhyun fan club. Not to mention, her and Baekhyun have been an on and off thing since who knows when.” Eunhae explains. Sora never ceases to be amazed by her best friend’s unending knowledge on everyone.
“So, I’m dealing with an angry ex who thinks I’m trying to get in her ex’s pants?” Sora summarizes. She scoffs in disbelief.
“Where would they even get that idea?” She adds under her breath. Eunhae raises a brow.
“Where? You and Baekhyun aren’t exactly two parallel paths, Sora.” Eunhae chuckles.
“I’ve literally met him twice.”
“Did you order already?” Sora asks in order to change the topic.
“One veggie pizza for me and a Hawaiian for you.” Eunhae says as she points to the respective pictures on the menu.
“You know me so well.” Sora grins as she gazes at her best friend endearingly.
“Of course, I can’t be one upped by just anybody.” Eunhae proudly states, a smug smile stretched across her pink lips.

The pizzas come out from the kitchen looking just as appetizing as their photos. Sora’s eyes light up with delight as the savory aroma envelopes her senses.
“Calm down, the pizza isn’t going to marry you.” Eunhae giggles as she watches Sora dig into the dish.
“I think marrying a pizza would be great though, wouldn’t you?” Sora jokes as she takes her first bite. Her whole body bursts with satisfaction.
“I think I’m in love!” She gloats, her body wriggling in joy.

“I’m flattered, but let’s get to know each other a bit more first, sweetheart.” Just like that, the ecstasy of delicious pizza dissipates, leaving a stunned Sora with a slice pizza hanging between her teeth. She only blinks. Was he real? She couldn’t possibly have this bad of luck, right? Running into the guy three days in a row, that was uncanny. Baekhyun smirks, enjoying her speechless reaction.
“What a coincidence, I love pineapples on my pizza too.” Sora watches as he bravely takes a bite out of her pizza slice.
“Yah!” Sora yells, her eyes raging at his action. Her little outburst was more than enough to turn a few heads. She cringes within as she curses the silver-haired boy.
“It was nice seeing you sweetheart, but I’ve got things to do today.” Baekhyun chimes, unaffected by her cursing. He sends her one more lopsided grin before strolling on out of the pizza parlor, Sora’s eyes following his tail with fury.

“So, what is going on, Kang Sora?” Eunhae speaks up, grabbing said girl’s attention once more. The whole exchange between the two was more than just a little suspicious.
“I don’t even know.” Sora mutters, stabbing her pizza with the fork. What she did know though was that Byun Baekhyun was showing up in her life way more than she’d like.
“If I didn’t know any better…” Eunhae’s voice trails off as she takes a sip from her drink.
“Hm?”
“I’d say he’s flirting with you.” She finishes. Sora can only laugh. Byun Baekhyun flirting with her? The most lively and outgoing person on campus being into the poster child for homebodies? That was a far stretch.
“Don’t be ridiculous.” Sora quickly dismisses Eunhae’s suggestion.
“Like I said, not exactly two parallel lines.”