Chapter 12

Picture Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

By the time Suzy reached home from the airport, she felt so tired and went to bed early. She wanted to get up early to go to work tomorrow. She made a mental note on few things she needed to do first thing in the morning including to call Yongguk.

She couldn’t sleep well because she kept dreaming that Yongguk was there with her and she attempted to explain to him what had happened. She found herself apologizing to Yongguk for hurting his feelings. She woke up several times, feeling Yongguk was beside her. By the time the alarm went off, she was relieved to meet the day. Nothing could be worse than being in a dream loop of apologies that weren’t being accepted.

She met Si-yeon,  her assistant at the door of her office. “What are you doing here so early?” She asked her.

Si-yeon grinned. “Couldn’t wait to hear how the weekend went.”

“I got the job.”

"Congratulations!"

"Thank you." Suzy smiled lazily.

“Did your husband managed to get there?”

“Oh, yes. As a matter of fact.”

“Does he have any problem about the relocating?”

Suzy just shook her head and smiled. “We’ve got a lot of work ahead us. As for today, I need to settle few things first. Talk to you later.” Suzy made to her room and her computer. She sank on her chair. She felt tired. The weekend was very hectic. The weekend. Yongguk flashed into her mind again. A very , very aroused Yongguk. She cleared .    A/N: Not what she needed to be thinking about at the moment. Or at any other time, for that matter.

The next time she looked up from her computer, Si-yeon was standing in the doorway, saying good night. Suzy looked at her watch. She'd missed her lunch and she hadn’t call Yongguk! It’s already too late for today. ‘I call him tomorrow.’

She saved her work, turned off her computer and reached for her handbag. She ran through a fast-food -drive-in for something quick to eat before drove to her apartment complex. Her thoughts turned to Yongguk's apartment. ‘Maybe I'll ask him to check for any vacancies in his complex’. She would enjoy living close by him. She reached home at almost ten o’clock. She made a quick shower and sit in front of the television with her dinner. While she absently ate her meal, her thoughts returned to Yongguk. Funny how often Yongguk had popped in her head today. Was it because having a man in her life was such an oddity?

Suzy fished in her wallet and found Yongguk’s card. The clock showed ten thirty. Surely she wouldn’t be asleep. Suzy thought about calling him tomorrow, but thinking about her hectic schedule, tomorrow wouldn’t be any better. The mobile number is not stated on the card so she called his home number.  She listened to it ring until finally his voice mail clicked in.

"This is Bang Yongguk. Sorry I can’t take your call. If you’ll leave your name and number, I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. Thank you.”

Suzy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter