Getting To Know The Piano

Runaway Little Ghost

"Wu Ying Jie, but you can call me Gui Gui, " I answered. 

Henry seemed intrigued by my nickname.

"Why Gui Gui?" he asked.

"Why not Gui Gui?" I smiled. 

Henry laughed. "You're good," he said, as he started to tune his violin. 

"Wanna hear me play? Who knows you might want to pick up the violin as your choice of music major. Its pretty cool," he explained.

And without waiting for me to asnwer, he played some classical music piece that I dont recognise but it sounded amazing. Everyone started gathering around to watch him play. After a few minutes, he ended his performance and was applauded by the small crowd. He smiled and bowed. 

"So? What do you think? Interested?" he asked, as soon as I was near to him again. 

"Ermm..I dunno..its hard to decide.." I said, unconfidently.

"That's okay. Go have a look around. I'm sure you'll fine soething you're interested in. You can always come to me for help," he said, bringing his fist to lightly punch mine. 

Wow, Henry is a nice, Someone you wanna be friends with in a short perod of time. 

Okay, seriously? This whole picking up major music thing is killing me! But what can I do? It is mandatory. I guess the school just wants to keep their legacy by producing talented, capable graduates. Hm, maybe I might use it sommeday. 

So I started to look around again and came by the grand piano. There was a guy sitting on the piano bench just playing some random notes. This guy, wow, handsome, black hair, from what I see, really tall, built body and that prominent jaw. 

Just then he played the song that I always played when I was a kid. The cat song. Without realising, I approached him nearer and ended up leaning on the side of the piano just gawking at him played. When the song finished, he lookep up, a little surprise to see a fan girl so near but managed to smile. Oh, he has dimples! His twinkling eyes! 

"Hi," he said, awkardly.

"Hi," I answered, shyly, scrtching my not-so-itchy head. 

He resumed playing a few chords and started to sing. The melody was beautiful and light. He doesnt have the best singing voice but I tell you, if this is a song he created on his own, he is totally amazing because I never heard that song before, ever!

The song came to an end abruptly. 

"Why?" I asked before realising. 

He chuckled. "Havent found the right melody to finish it," he said, smiling at me. 

Oh, the dimples. Gui Gui, seriously? I thought.

"Are you interested n learning the piano?" he asked. 

"Oh, umm..I did played a long time ago but.." I answered and before I could finish my sentence, he cut me in. 

"Oh good! Here, sit down. Let me see what you can play," He said, scooting over to make room for me. 

I hesitated for a while but then, what the heck, wont hurt anybody. 

I was about to sit carefully when somehow my foot accidently caught on the piano's leg and I almost tripped. Luckily, this guys caught hold of my arms and in an instant I can smell his cologne. He has this sweet smell to him. 

"Are you okay?" he asked as he helped me up. 

"I'm fine," I said, slowly letting go of his hands off my arms. Realising that he made me uncomfortable, he immediately let go of his hand. 

"Sorry," he said. 

"Its okay, thanks," I said as I sat down next to him. 

I started playing The Cat Song and to my amazement he followed along and play it an octave higher. 

When we finished, we looked at each other and after a few  seconds, broke into a laugh. 

"So, do you wanna sign up?" he asked me. 

"Errmm...." I said as I looked at him and at that moment, he caught my eye. My stomach started to feel weird. 

 

 

*** Hi guys. Just got home from the hospital and updated. Thank you so much for all the comments and best wishes. My mom was diagnosed with leukemia this morning. It was pretty sad. I wanted to cry seeing my dad's face when the doctor broke the news. But I guess I have to stay strong. I 'm sure my mom will be fine. Anyways, hoep u like this update! ***