Hero

Runaway Little Ghost

Taecyeon

"Gui Gui, would you go to the Spring Dance with me?" I asked nervously. 

She was silent for a very long time. At times she would alternate between looking at me and looking down at her lap. She looked like she was thinking very hard. 

I guess maybe now is the time to tell her how I feel. I got up and stood before her. She looked up at me, bewildered. Slowly, holding her gaze, I kneel down. I took her small hands in mine. 

"Oppa, what are you doing?" she asked, slightly panic. 

"Gui Gui, just hear me out, okay?" I asked, to which  she reluctantly nodded. 

"Gui Gui, I like you. There I said it. I dont just like you, I wanna be with you. You make mw want to get to know you, to protect you. I dont know what has happened to you in the past that made you such a runner, but please, just give me the chance to court you. I know right now you wont believe me, but please give me the chance to gain that trust. I want to make you happy. Just give me the chance to prove to you that I'm worth it. Let's start  by going to the dance with me. Okay?" I explained, anticipating her response. 

She was silent again but before I knew it, her lips curled into a smile, her eyes sparkled. She looked me in the eyes and nodded. 

"Yes Oppa, I'll go with you," she said, smiling widely. 

"Jinjja? You'll be my date?" I asked, disbelief. 

She nodded again and giggled at my response. 

I was so happy at her response that I stood up and hugged her. Then it hit me that this will probably make her uncomfortable. I gently let her go. 

"Sorry, I didnt mean to.." and before I could finish she shook her head.

She put her arms around my waist and hugged me back. Her head resting on my chest, as if listening to my heartbeat. Cautiously but feeling content, I put my arms around her tiny  body and rest my cheek on the top of her head. 

"Ani Oppa. Let's stay this way for awhile," she muffled on my chest. I could feel her hot breath on my chest.

I smiled as I hugged her tighter, and kissed the top of her head. We stayed that way for a few minutes. After that, she let gp of me and instintively, I reached for her hand and interlocked it with mine as we made our way back to the apartment in contented silence. 

"Wahhh!!! They're holding hands!" I heard Khun shouted as soon as we reached the apartment. Vic was giggling. Gui Gui blushed and abruptly let go of my hand. I sighed. Khun can really throw a wer blanket over a burning flame. 
Gui Gui sat beside Victoria. Victoria her hair, asking whether she felt any better to which Gui Gui politely nodded and smiled. 

After packing our stuff, Khun, Victoria and I decided to call it a night. Gui Gui sent us to the door. Khun and Vic knew well enough to give us privacy to say goodbye. They went to the lift hand in hand without waiting for me. 

"Thank you Oppa, for today," Gui Gui said, leaning at the door frame. Her eyes sparkled again. 

"No, thank you for making me the happiest man on earth today," I said and saw the pink blush on her cheeks. 

"Well, I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow? There's some place I need to show you. So be ready okay? I'll pick you up at 7am," I said,     putting my bagpack on over my shoulder. 

"Where are we going, Oppa?" she asked. 

"It's a surprise," I answered, couldnt seem to stop looking at her. 

"I'll see you tomorrow," I half whispered and turned to walk away. I was already reaching the lift when I felt like something was missing. I was sure that she had gone  in and closed the door. I turned around and surprised to see that she was still standing there, looking out for me. I my heels and half running, I wnet uo to her. I cupped her tiny face in my hand. I leaned down and kissed her cheek. She blushed. 

"Wan an (good night)," I whispered. 

"Wan an" she whispered. 

I walked away again, my heart heavy. This time I decided not to look back or I wouldnt be able to leave. 


***

Gui Gui

I went to bed that night with a big smile on my face. I could still feel his lips on my cheek at this time. I felt my heart fluttered everytime I thought of him. I never realised how handsome he can be until the moment he knelt down in front of me. I felt like a high school girl falling in live for the first time. I wasnt sure whether this is love or like, but one thing's for sure, I like that he repsects me. He didnt even asked me to be his girlfriend yet. He only asked for a chance to gain my trust. I was thankful for that because given my past, I just want to take things slow. I smiled again. My mind kept drifting back to the moment he hugged and kissed me. I drifted off to sleep feeling like a new person that night. 

Within minutes, I was back in the garden of dreams. This time I was alone. I looked everywhere for Taec Oppa. At last I found him sitting on a bench near the crystal clear river. He smiled and motioned me to sit beside him. I did as told. We sat in silence, listening to the sound of the river flowing. I glanced at Oppa and to my horror, it was Aaron, again. I was afraid and on impulse, I got up and about to run. Aaron caught my hand and pulled me towards him. He had one hand on my throat, strangling me. He laughed at my scared face. 

"Did you really think you could get away from me? Huh? Did you really think he will really love you if he finds out about you?" he asked, his eyes filled with hatred. 

I managed the courage to stamp on his feet and with a lod cry, he let go of me. I ran as fast as I can, not looking back. I ran and ran until I crashed into a person. Terrified that it could be Aaron, I got up and ready to run. That was when I heard Taec Oppa called. 

"Gui Gui, it's okay. I'm here, I'm here," he said, his arms opened wide. 

I didnt realised I was crying the whole time. I sobbed uncontrollably and within seconds, I was in his arms. He had me in his arms really tight. I nuzzled my face inhis chest. I smelled him, the smell of comfort and felt protected instantly. He then had my face in his hands. He leaned in close and just when his lips was inches from mine, I heard thunder. 

I woke up instantly and another loud thunder came. I covered my ears and screamed. Then I heard a ping from my phone. It was Taec Oppa. 

Dont be scared. Know that you have me. :)

He must have remembered how I was afraid of the thunder before. Smiling at the message, I went back to sleep, hearing no thunder. 

***

Taecyeon

I barely slept that night as I was too excited to meet Gui Gui again. I woke early that morning and after packing my stuff in a bagpack, I drove my car to her apartment.

To my surprise, she was already waiting at the lobby. She greeted me with a smile and those big sparkly eyes.

She looked angelic in a white  blouse with her hair tied into a ponytail. She had her pink coat over her arm. She stood in the lobby just near the entrance. As soon as she saw my car, she went out and waved at me. I stopped the car at the entrance and motioned her to hop in. 

"Good morning Oppa!" she greeted as soon as she was in the car. I liked the way she called me Oppa. There's something about it that delights me. 

"Good morning Gui Gui. Are you cold?" I asked as I adjusted the heater. 

"No, I'm fine Oppa. So, where are we going?" she asked excitedly. 

"It's a surprise. But first, let's get some breakfast," I said, looking at her. She forgot to put on her seatbelt, probably due to excitement. I leaned over and instantly she froze. 

"It's okay. I'm just gonna put this on for you. Safety first," I said, aware that I might be making her uncomfortable with my unintended skinship. 

"Thank you Oppa," she blushed. My heart fluttered at the sight. Gui Gui does look cute almost everytime I look at her. Especially those lips...

Brushing those thoughts away, I start the car and drove to the nearest starbucks. We had a short breakfast and started our journey 20 minutes later. We didnt talk much on our way but I'm loving the silence. She looked so happy to be out and about. She looked more comfortable with me around. Once in a while she would ask me caual questions to which I will answer as best as I can. 

Two hours later, we arrived. Gui Gui was fast asleep. Her head leaning agasint the window. She had completely knocked out half the journey. I smiled at the sight. Gently, I caressed her cheek. Her eyes fluttered and seconds later, her eyes opened. 

"Gui Gui, we're here," I said,watching her come to her senses after a good nap. 

She looked ahead and slowly, I could see her getting excited. Her eyes went big. She smiled widely as she sat straight up. 

"Oppa, you took me to the beach?" she asked, looking at me. I smiled and nodded. 

Like a child excited to go to the playground, she quickly opened her door. I stopped her. 

"Wait," I said as I got out of the car. 

I went over to the passenger's seat door and like a gentleman, open the car door for her. I instructed her to leave her shoes in the care and go barefooted. I didnt want her to spoil her shoes. I took her hand and getting all my stuff, I led her to walk at the beach, heading somewhere. 

"Do you like the beach?" I asked as we walk hand in hand. 

"Mm-hmm..it reminds me of home," seh said and at the mention of home, she looked down. I guess I have to wait a little longer to figure that out. 

"Oppa, are we having a picnic by the beach?" she asked, curious as ever. 

"Uh, well, sort of," I answered and led her to a small road heading away from the public beach. 

She seemed worried at the change of our course but relaxed when I squeeze her hand, reassuring her that she can trust me. We continued walking for a while until we reach a secluded place. There, in the secluded area, surrounded by the trees, stood the glass house my father bought as a vacation home for the family.

I glanced at Gui Gui and to my amusement she gasped, her jaw dropped. I knew she would love this. I havent been to the glass house in a while and quite frankly, I was slightly amazed as well. I had people cleaned it up and stock the food last night and now it looked fine. I must thank them later fot their hardwork. I glance again at stuned Gui Gui. I grabbed her hand and led her in. 

The house was situated at a secluded area of the beach. There was a small jacuzzi in it and the every bed room has the view of the ocean. It was mostly made of glass and at night, the curtains will be drawn for some privacy. 

"Oppa, who's house is this? It's amazing!" she exclaimed as soon as we entered. 

I put my stuff down on the couch and led her to the verandah overlooking the ocean. The wind was a bit cold that she shivered. I led her back in and closed the sliding door. 

"I rent it," I lied. I was not ready to tell her the truth for fear of scaring her. 

"Must be very expensive," she muttered, to which I smiled. Her innocence is her charm that captured me. I led her to the couch. We sat there in silence for a while. 

"So, do you have anything you wanna do?" I asked, breaking the silence. 

"Oppa, are you sure we can do some activities in here? I'm afraid I might break things. I'm an expert in carelessness," she said, looking around the house. 

I chuckled. Of all the things, she was afraid of that?

I went over to the jacuzzi room and switched it on, letting it heat up. Them I went back to the bar and prepared champagne. Gui Gui was standing at the door to the verandah, looking out at the ocean. I went over to her side and offered her champagne. She seemed a bit cold. 

"Gui Gui, let's go change and sit at the jacuzzi. You seemed cold," I said. 

"Change? But oppa, I didnt bring any clothes with me," Gui Gui answered, looking a bit down. 

"Kenchana. There's bathrobs and clothes in the bathroom. You can use that," I suggested. 

A few minutes later, Gui Gui came out of the bathroom wearing white T-shirt and short pants. She went to sit by my side at the jacuzzi. I was wearing my shirt and boxer as well. 

"Good?"  I asked as soon as she put her feet in the water. It took me awhile to remember that she must have still have her periods. 

"Better," she smiled. "Too bad I cant be in that," she added, to which I smiled in understanding. 

I glanced at her feet and this was probably the first time I've seen them. She had very fair and beautiful skin. Her nails were colored black, just like her finger nails. She had on an anklet on her right leg. I gulped at the sight and forcing myself to push away any negative thought, I offered her champagne. This is going to be a long and exciting trip, I thought to myself.