Little Potato

Runaway Little Ghost

Seohyun

"Hyun~!" I heard Yong Oppa calling me over the phone.

"Oh Oppa! Where are you? Appa and Omma is waiting now," I whispered. I was in the living room with my parents that morning. Yong Oppa was supposed to come by as promised. 

Just then the door bell rang. I hurried to the door, forgetting to put down my phone as I am sure it is Yong Oppa. 

"Oppa!" I exclaimed as soon as I opened the door and immediately embarrassed. I quickly bowed to the uncle from the night of the concert whom had a talk with Appa. He was holding a toddler. This must be the kid he was asking to baby sit. 

"Oh Seohyun~ah. Thank God it's you. Here, meet Seojun. I'm sorry I'm in such a hurry but I guess it's because I have to catch the train to Seoul in about an hour," he said and handed over the toddler to me.

I hastily grabbed hold of the baby, careful not to drop him. The baby squirmed as soon as he was in my hands.

 

'I'll get going now. See you tomorrow okay? Take care of him. Everything he needs is in this bag including the to-do list. You'll be fine," that uncle said and walked away in a hurry. 

I was left standing there holding a baby looking at me with big eyes and chubby cheeks. The bag was dangling on my arm. Omma came over and cooed at th baby. 

"Aigoo...kyeopta! Seojun~ah..lua ba," Omma cooed and instantly the baby offeredhimself into Omma's hands. 

And then came Yong Oppa, jogging up towards the door. I folded my arms across my chest, tapping my foot impatiently. 

"Hyun. I'm sorry. I was stucked in the jam," he said as soon as he saw me. I can tell my nose is flaring. 

Without waiting for my answer, he leaned closer and peck me on the cheek. I melt instantly. I cant help but smile at him. I then motioned him to enter. Appa was already standing in the living room waiting for us. 

"Annyeonhaseyo," Yong Oppa greeted, to which my parents greeted back. Appa the invited Yong Oppa to sit down. Omma was busy taking care of Seojun. 

"How are you Yonghwa?" Appa asked, offering him tea to which Yong Oppa politely accept. 

"I'm good, abuji. How have you been? You sure looked healthy," Yong Oppa said, sipping his tea. 

Appa smiled and nodded and carried on having conversation with Yong Oppa whilst Omma and I busied ourselves entertaining Seojun. It seemed that the baby didnt like me. He squirmed everytime I hold him. He smiled when he is in Omma's lap. Ah, Ottoke? How am I supposed to take care of him. 

After sending Appa and Omma off for their trip, I looked at Yong Oppa, who was happily holding Seojun over his head. Seojun was giggling so much. 

"Oppa, dou you know how to handle kids? Have you ever baby sit one?" I asked, bewildered that he is good with babies. 

"Ani. Kids just love me," Yong Oppa replied, and sat down on the floor, letting Seojun crawl. 

"Jinnja? Hmm..I dont think he likes me. He stared at me everytime I tried to pick him up," I said, settling myself  beside Yong Oppa. 

"Seojun~ah. Why didnt you like Hyun noona? She's pretty you know. You should give her a kiss," Yong Oppa said, picking up Seojun and put him on his lap. Then he turned Seojun towards him. Seojun stared at him with his big eyes and chubby cheeks. Come to think of it, he is kinda cute. 

"Seojun, look at hyung," he said to Seojun and turned his head towards me and kissed me on the cheek. 

"Can you do it?" he asked Seojun, who is now looking at the both of us. 

Yong Oppa settled him so that he stood with support beside me. Yong Oppa then leaned him close to my cheek and few seconds later, Seojun start to cry. 

Hmm..I guess Seojun just didnt like me. I pouted and looked at Yong Oppa. Seojun started to cry louder. 

"Oppa, wae`yo? Why is he crying? Did I scare him?" I asked, starting to panic. 

Yong Oppa laid him down on the carpet and started checking the diaper Seojun was wearing. 

"Wae? You dont poop. What is wrong?" he said, as if talking to Seojun. 

"Oppa, I think he's hungry," I suggested, to which Yong Oppa nodded. 

"Do you know how to make his milk?" Yong Oppa asked. I shook my head. I have never done this before. Just then I remembered the bag that uncle shoved at me earlier. I start to rummage through the bag ans sure enough, I found a bottle with some milk powder in it. I retrieved the note attached to it, which contained the step by step instruction on how to prepare milk. Bringing all those things to the kitche, I carefully start preparing one. Yong Oppa was left soothing crying Seojun on his shoulder. 

After a few minutes, I came back with the bottled milk and at the sight of the milk, Seojun cried louder. I carefully stood closer to Yong Oppa and almost immediately, Seojun leaned in so that I can take him in my arms. I was stunned at this miracle but quickly regain myself and took him from Yong Oppa. I then sit down on the couch and carefully laid Seojun on my lap and fed him his milk. He hungrily as his eyes stared up at me. I smiled at him and caressed his hair. 

"You're hungry, arent you?" I cooed and to my surprise, Seojun smiled. 

"Wahh, looks like I have to compete with a baby to win Hyun's heart eh?" Yong Oppa said and sat down beside me. 

"Bo yah!" I exclaimed and startled Seojun. He squirmed and quickly, Yong Oppa shushed me. 

After finishing the milk, Seojun seemed sleepy. Yong Oppa then took out a small mattress from my room and put Seojun on it. Within minutes, Seojun fell aslpee peacefully. Finally, Yong Oppa and I sat down on the couch and rest. 

"Oppa, who knew taking care of a baby is so tiring," I said, yawning. 

Yong Oppa leaned his head on my shoulder.

"Hyun~..I want a son," he said, simply, which shocked me. 

"Eh?" I said, sitting up. Yong Oppa leisurely lie down on my lap. 

"I said I want a son, just like Seojun," he said, his eyes closed, his lips curled into a smile. 

"Ah bo yah!" I said, slapping his shoulder and realised I might wake Seojun up. Luckily Seojun was still fast asleep. 

"Oppa, what are you talking about? We're still students, you know," I said, looking down at him. 

"Hyun, I didnt say I want a son with you. I just said I want a son," he teased. I shoved him off my lap and sat beside Seojun. How could he say such a thing. 

Yong Oppa quickly sat beside me, his arms around me. He was silently laughing. 

"Hyun, so you do want to have kids with me, didnt you?" he asked, as if reading my mind. I was so annoyed at his teasing and didnt lookhim in the eye. 

"Ani-yo. I didnt say that," I said, almost whispering, not wanting to wake the baby up. 

"Eiiii jalshik. Hyun, are you mad?" he asked, leaning closer until I could feel his breath on my neck, which made me shivered. 

"Oppa, what are you doing. We have a baby here," I whispered, feeling his arms tightened around me. 

"He's asleep. So maybe its time for us to get a little naughty," he whispered into my ear. And right then I felt myself melt. 

"Aish Oppa..get a hold of yourself. Appa and Omma might come home soon," I said, looking at Yong Oppa. 

Yong Oppa sighed and lied down beside Seojun. He gently caressed Seojun. 

"Arraso Hyun. But I'll claim this later," he teased and closed his eyes. Minutes later, he fell asleep. Seeing both namja asleep, I lay down beside Seojun and seconds later, fell asleep as well.