The Unforgiven Mistake

Don't Say Goodbye

When fate plays with you

expect surprises,

because really great things would come in between the sadness.


"Whaaaaatt?" Shin-yi shouted at Min-yi's room, a pop corn was still in .

"Yes!" Minyi said and scratched her head.

"Well, that wasn't good, Jaejoong really hated you after that incident and you still have the guts to join him in his evil plan? Ugh! You're  giving me a headache Minyi-sshi! Aissh!" Shin-yi said while picking the popcorns at the floor.

"Unnie! It's a good idea though! I can make Joongki fall in love with me and befriend Jaejoong! It's like hitting two birds in one arm!" Minyi boasted, smiling.

"with a stone, Not an arm, You foolish girl" Shinyi said, while getting ready to go home.

"Well, I have to say goodluck to my dongsaeng. Just dont hesitate to come to me when Kim Jaejoong make you cry again, arasseo?" Shinyi said and patted Minyi's head gently.

Minyi stand up and hugged her unnie. "Yaaah! Unnie that's why I really really really love you!"

Shinyi hugged Minyi back and they bid farewell to each other.

Minyi sits in her bed and tries to calm her self and dozed her self to sleep.

[Jaejoong's POV]

"Well, that was a good one hyung" Changmin snorted while still digging his food.

"I wonder why hyung, thought of this?" Junsu smiled widely.

"Really! It's because of Yoona, nothing else" Jaejoong snorted with proud

"Yaaah! hyung tell us the story about you and minyi, you told us 'maybe next time' " Yuchun said grinning

"C'mon boojae" Yunho said while pinching Jaejoong's cheeks.

"Yaah! hyung tell us, we really love stories, right Changmin?" Junsu said to Changmin while still eating and digging his Food.

"mmmhhhhmmmm" Changmin said still full of food.

"Okay! Okay!" Jaejoong snorted

"well this happened 4 years ago when we are in our last year of Middle School.........." Jaejoong said sitting at the couch beside yuchun.

[FLASHBACK]

We were having a picnic besides the Cherry Blossom tree, Minyi was munching on an apple while I was eating a sandwich.

Mom was with Park hye hyun mother of Park Minyi chatting on their usual bench by the park.

We always come here, Minyi and I since we discovered it just a few meters away from the playground, Minyi's mom and my mom never knew that we were here. It became our secret haven. Birds were chirping and the wind blew nicely as the petals of the cherry blossom tree danced and swayed in the air.

"How come I never see your dad?" Minyi suddenly asked me.

I looked at her and hesitated

'Should I tell her? She did tell me about her Father dying in a car accident a week after whe was born and she is my only bestfriend.'

I looked up at the sky and said to her "Dad left us, the day before my birthday. He promised he would come back for my birthday. He would just be at his work and would have to buy me a git. But he never did. I waited, but I never saw him again." tears formed and I clenched my fist. I didn't want to cry.

"Im sorry.... It's alright if you cry though, I won't tease you I promise" Minyi held out her handkerchief and offered it to me. I looked away and fortunately Minyi changed the topic and said

"You know... There's this new ice cream shop near the park. My Mom and I saw it yesterday. It was awesome! Wanna go there tomorrow? My treat!" Minyi grinned and clasped her hand.

"I'm Busy" I said and went back to eating my sandwich.

"You're not busy! Tomorrow's your Birthday and It's Saturday!" Minyi glared at me.

I was about to ask how she knew my birthday when she said " Aunt Shin-ah told me! and she said you just wanted to stay home." grinning evilly, she knew already about it. She must have planned this.

"I don't know, you're not fun to be with." I teased and she furrowed her eyebrows.

Raising her right hand she said "I Park Minyi promise that Kim Jaejoong would have the bestest birthday ever tomorrow if he accepts my invitation."
 

I grinned and said "Promise?"

She held out her pinky finger and I held out mine. "Promise" Minyi grinned and we made the most sacred promise there is.

THE NEXT DAY.....

A bell clanged as the door opened, I looked and frowned when I realize it was not Minyi but some old man with a kid tugging at his jacket begging for more ice cream. I sank in my seat as I looked at the menu of the ice cream shop, It has so many Flavors I didn't know what to choose, I'll just let Minyi choose, she's good at this.I closed the menu and glanced at the clock, 15 minutes has passed since I came here. 

No worries Minyi is always late.

Mom dropped me off here and said that Kyuhyun, Minyi's evil brother would accompany us here and take me home as well. Mom promised that as soon as I got home, a cake would be waiting for us. I smiled and got excited when a bell clanged again indicating that someone has arrived.

 I looked and Frowned again for the second time, it was not Minyi or her evil brother. I sighed and waited.

Two hours had passed and no sign of minyi, I got anxious 

'maybe something happened to her' I thought.

A waiter pooped out and asked If I would want to order an Ice cream, I declined and told him I was waiting for someone. He looked at me and proceeded to another table.

'Minyi Promised! She will come!'

I closed my eyes and clasped my hand hoping she's okay. 

A bell clanged again, I did not look and a familiar voice called my name and said

"Jaejoong, let's go home. Minyi is not coming. She called me a while ago." my mom said.

I looked at her. She looked sad but I ignored it because I was angry.

"She said she will come. Make my Birthday the best, she promised mom." I whispered harshly.

Mom took my hand and gently took me to the car.

"I'm sorry Jaejoong, Minyi is sorry too, but something happened that they need to attend to."

[END OF FLASHBACK]

 

Everyone was quiet.

Even Changmin who was always eating whene there is Food in his line of sight, just looked at me.

Probably digesting the story.

Yunho said breaking the silence. "Tsk Tsk Tsk Childish little Jaejoong. dont you think?" wagging his fingers at me.

Yuchun spoke "You should forget about that, learn to forgive, it's already been years since then."

Changmin who got out of his daze was already munching on a food and said "Yah! Yuchun is right hyung it's just a Birthday."

Junsu nodded and when I glared at him he suddenly averted my gaze and shook his head.

I snapped at them "It's not the issue of my Birthday, I've forgiven her for that! It's the promise she broke and why she didn't tell me why she couldn't come. It sounded like she just doesn't want to..."

I stood up, took the guitar and played it indicating that I don't wan to talk anymore.

The guys were silent and changed the topic, we never talked again about Minyi that night.


Thank you for subscribing :) hope you like this chapter. :)