Chapter 11

Kris's First Love
 
Suzy held his hand all through the car ride and up the the elevator. She was mumbling to herself, a habit that she did when they were kids and she was nervous. He squeezed her hand.She returned the gesture with a wary smile. 
 
He was worried for her. They still didn't know what was wrong with her mom. Kris hated hospitals;the smell was revolting and the lack of color made him feel claustrophobic. They reached the floor were her mom was at. 
 
She kept mumbling nonsense. Her hand shook as she tried to open the door, Kris placed his hand over hers and opened the door. She gave him a worried look.
 
"Come on I'll go in with you." he said with at velvety soft voice. She felt a bit more relaxed.
 
"Omma." she ran to the old woman. Her mom was by herself in the room with a cast on her arm.
 
"Suji-ya, I only broke my hand." Mrs. Bae said. She looked at Kris whom was standing in a corner. Kris didn't want to intrude also it's been to long since he last saw her family. It was awkward. 
 
Mrs. Bae whispered something in Suzy's ear and they both turned to look at Kris. 
 
Suzy signaled for Kris to come where they were. He slowly walked over. 
 
"Omma this is Kevin. Remember him?" Suzy told her mom. Kris was about to say hello when her mother spoke first. 
 
"How could I forget, you always talked about how much you wanted to marry him." Suzy's face flushed red and Kris smiled like the joker. 
 
"Hello, Mrs. Bae." Kris bowed. A loud smack echoed in the room. Her mother hit him on the head when he bowed. 
 
"Omma!" Suzy scolded her mom. Kris was stunned. 
 
"He deserves it. He left and didn't contact you." her mom said calmly. 
 
"I'm sorry ma'am." Kris bowed again. 
 
"It's in the past. How did you guys meet again?" Her mom asked. 
 
Suzy told her the story from A-Z. She looked at the two with a knowing smile. She was released a couple minutes later and Kris insisted they all go to eat to catch up. When they were outside there was a crowd of paparazzi and fans waiting for them. 
 
Suzy looked at Kris, he went blank he wasn't sure what to do. They immediately went back inside.
 
"What are we gonna due?" Suzy asked. She was pacing back and forth. Her mom called someone. 
 
"Your appa will be here, he is bringing some caps and face masks." her mom informed them.
 
Even though he had just debuted,saesang fans were producing really fast and Suzy of course was the it girl. He was worried, Kris called Suho to let him know the sticky situation he was in. 
 
"Your dad's here." Mrs. Bae got up and they all went outside to meet him. Her dad had gone home to pick up some papers. He had brought the bag, their wasn't any time for pleasantries.  
 
"I'll see you soon." Suzy said giving her mom a hug. Her mom patted Kris on the back. She left. 
 
They put on the caps and face mask. They ran to the car and locked the doors. Kris immediately the car.
 
"We're being followed." Suzy said panicking.
 
"We're going to have to ditch the car and walk." he looked at her. She nodded. 
 
Kris sped off and took through the alleys. Then he suddenly entered a mall parking lot. He parked and they both got off. 
 
"Act normal." He told her grabbing her hand. They saw the car that had been following them and softly crashed Suzy to a random car and he placed his body on top of hers, they looked like an intimate couple. The car dashed passing them not caring about the affectionate couple. When Kris pulled back,Suzy's face was red. 
 
"I'm sorry." he said.
 
"It's fine oppa." Suzy grabbed his hand. They started walking. 
 
"We have to leave the car here." Kris had a lot going through his head. He failed to confess and now crazy fans. 
 
They were walking peacefully until they heard  screams and people pointing at them. Shoot, Kris thought, they had to run. He pulled her hand and they made a run for it. He felt like he was being chased by the police. Kris knew Suzy was never a good runner, they would have to stop soon enough. 
 
They made it to the park were they had met earlier. Suddenly Suzy lost her balance and almost fell. Kris grabbed her by the waist with such a force that their lips collided with each other. They both fell on the ground, their lips still touching.