Chapter 10

Kris's First Love

Chapter 10

Kris and Suzy had patched things up between each other and became the best of friends once again. The EXO members were jealous, of course, but they didn’t mind. They became friends with her as well, so there was nothing to complain about. It was the day before Valentine’s Day. Kris had really anticipated this day. It was the day he would tell Suzy about how he felt. It was conveniently left out when they talked in the café since he didn’t want to screw things up.

He was busy picking his brain on what to give her. She had everything she wanted, so he didn’t know what to give her. Flowers and chocolates were a bust, since Kai and Sehun said and quote, “Hyung, she has bouquets of different flowers and chocolates spilling in her locker and classroom. She would expect something different from you.” When he thought of jewelry, the other Miss A members dismissed the thought. “She likes simple stuff. Jewelry is too over-the-top, Yifan-ah.”  Jia noona had explained.

“What am I going to give her? The traditional stuff is a bust. Why did they have to burst my bubble?”He thought frustratingly. When they were kids, Valentine’s was never a problem. They just exchanged cards with each other. Just then, he lit up. He thought of an awesome idea. He went in his bedroom, took out the box which had all of his Suzy memorabilia. He immediately set to work. When he was done, he took it up and looked at it proudly. “She is going to love it.” He thought.

It was finally Valentine’s. Suzy had just finished doing the photo shoot for Cosmopolitan. She was tired. Just then, she got a text from Kris.

Ms.Bae Suji, can you please come to the park in 20 minutes?

 -Kris oppa

She smiled at the text. She immediately changed and drove to the park. She walked around the park until she reached the basketball court. She saw Kris playing basketball. “Dejavu” she thought. She decided to play along. She went to the vending machine where she bought a bottle of water and sat down on the swing. Kris stopped playing when he noticed Suzy with a bottle of water. “Dejavu”he smiled at the thought.  He sat down on the swing next to her where she gave him the bottle. “The best Valentine’s Day gift I’ve ever gotten.” he said jokingly.  Suzy giggled at his joke. He ruffled her hair and for some reason, she didn’t mind. “This is just like old times, oppa. I love it.” she smiled at him. He melted. “So why did you call me, oppa?”She asked. She looked into his eyes with her soft but intense stare. He smiled at her. “I called you here to give you your gift.” he explained.

He gave her his gift. It was thin but quite big. She opened it immediately and gasped. It was a huge card with all of her V-Day cards pasted on it. In the middle, it was his most prized possession; her necklace. “Oppa…I love it.”She hugged him tightly. He returned it and kissed her on the head. “I knew you would, Suji-ah.”He said with a muffled voice.

She broke away. “Thank you for the gift.” she said. “Aren’t you going to put your necklace on?”He asked. She nodded. She took the chain out and tried to put it on but she couldn’t fasten it. “Oppa, can you help me?”She asked. He agreed and fastened it for her. She turned around. “How do I look?”She asked. “You look really pretty.” he said truthfully. She was already beautiful. The necklace magnified it. “Now on to business,” he thought. “Suji-yah, I need to tell you something.” he said nervously. “What?”She asked him. “I…I” he stammered. Just then, the phone rang. “Wait for a moment, oppa.”She said. “Curse the phone,” he thought. “It’s my dad, oppa.” She said, breaking him out of his thought. He took the thought back. “Hi,appa. What? Mom’s in the hospital!”She shouted. “I’ll be there.” she said calmly. She hung up and started to cry. He couldn’t bear to see her cry. He comforted her. She put her head on his shoulder and cried. After a few moments,she stopped crying. "Oppa,I need to go to the hospital.Can you come with me?"she asked. "Of course,"he agreed. Since she was too unstable to drive,he drove instead.

He did whatever she asked him too.He couldn't bear to see his angel cry and that too on a day like this.