Chapter 9

Kris's First Love

Chapter 9

Suzy’s mind was somewhere else. She tried to put her mind on her studies, but she just couldn’t.  Her mind was on Kris. “Was I too hard on him?”She thought. She hesitated for a bit. “No, no. I wasn’t. He deserved it for not calling me for 6 years. He didn’t even tell me that he changed his name.” she shook the thought out of her head.

The bell rang. It was time for lunch. Suzy’s stomach growled. “Maybe food can keep my mind off Kris.” she smiled at the thought. As she went outside the classroom, she heard someone call her name. She turned around to see who it was. It was Kai and Sehun. Her expression brightened. “Hi, Sehun.Hi Kai.” She waved at them.  “Su, I am so sorry about what happened yesterday.”Sehun apologized. “It’s okay. I am fine. It wasn’t your fault.” she accepted his apology.  “If you truly accept our apology, will you have lunch with us?”Kai smirked. “What about Krys, Sulli, Jiyoung and Sohyun?”She asked. “They will understand. Please.”Sehun pouted. She laughed. “Fine. Let’s go.” she turned around and walked to the cafeteria.

The boys shared a secret smile. They had explained to Suzy’s friends about the situation and thankfully, they had agreed. 15 minutes later, the three of them were munching on samgyeopsal when two girls were passing by. “Isn’t that Kris guy hot?”One girl said. “Yes, he is. One of the handsomest guys I’ve ever seen.” the other one agreed. “I heard that his fellow members Kai and Sehun study here. We can ask them for his number.” they giggled with each other.

Suzy clenched her fist and gritted her teeth. She couldn’t help but feel jealous. Kai and Sehun smirked at each other. But they kept a straight face while talking to her. “Suji, are you alright? You look…different.”Sehun asked with ‘concern’. “I am okay, Sehun-ah. I am just feeling a bit ill.” she explained.  She crossed her fingers behind her back. She couldn’t tell them that she was jealous.

After lunch, she went to music and vocal class where she sat next to Jiyoung. “Suji-yah, where were you at lunch?”She asked even though she knew exactly where she was. “I was eating lunch with Kai and Sehun, eonnie.”Suzy replied with indifference. Just then, Ms.Kang came into the class. “Kids, why don’t we start with Krystal?”She said. Applause followed. Suzy smiled at Krystal and she smiled back. Krystal came up to the makeshift stage and started to sing the song ‘Open Arms.’ Suzy froze. It was her and Kris’s song. They used to listen to this song a lot when they were kids.

Classes went by quickly. School was finally out for the day. She went back to her apartment as soon as possible. She was going crazy at school. She fell on her bed as soon as she went into her bedroom. “Finally, rest.”She thought. But after a few minutes of sleep, she got a phone call. She groaned. She looked at the Caller ID. It was Fei. She picked up the call. “Hello?” she asked. The voice spoke from the other end of the line. “Suji-yah, come to the coffee place near the JYP building.”Fei responded. “Why?”She asked back. She was puzzled on such a request.  

“Just come, Suji-yah. We need to talk about our comeback, remember?”She reminded her. She immediately got up and hit her head. “Aish, I am such a pabo.”She cursed herself. “Alright, I will come after 20 minutes.” she said and she hung up. She jumped off her bed and got dressed up.

Fei heard the resounding click from her phone and looked up at the tall figures in front of her. “Did she buy it, noona?” Tao asked. “I did exactly what you said. I hope it will work.” she smiled at Kris. “Thank you, noona.”Kris thanked her. “Now c’mon, get ready. You need to look your best, Yifan-ah.”Fei chided. He nodded. She smiled at him. “Fighting. You can do this.”Fei smiled at him and she left.

*20 minutes later*

Suzy looked around the café. Fei or any of the other members weren’t there. She sighed. She always was the first person to come for their comeback meetings. She bought a cappuccino and sat at the empty table.  A few minutes later, a shadow loomed over her. “Finally, you’re here.” she looked up and smiled. But to her shock, she saw Kris. Shock turned into anger. “What are you doing here?”She asked as she got up. She turned to leave but Kris grabbed her hand. “Suji-yah, please.Just listen for a few minutes.” he begged. He knew how stubborn she could be. She turned around and looked into his eyes. They were begging her to listen to him. She finally relented and sat down. Kris sat down as well.

“What do you want?”She asked coldly. “I want your friendship back.” he looked into her eyes. She felt a chill. He was the only one who could have that kind of effect on her. “You know what you did was unforgivable, right?”She replied back. He sighed. What she said was true. “I know but I can explain everything.” he said. “I’m listening.”Suzy raised her eyebrow at him. He explained everything to her. By the time he was finished, Suzy had tears in her eyes. She crushed him into a bear hug. “I am so sorry. I should’ve known.” she choked. “It’s alright. I am sorry for not telling you.” he comforted her.

She broke away from the hug. “I forgive you, oppa.”She said. “Thank you, Suji-yah.”He said. Just then both EXO and Miss A members came out and clapped. Suzy was shocked. “Wha-?”Suzy stammered. “You guys patched things up.” Min giggled. “What is going on?”Suzy asked after regaining composure. They told her everything. Kris looked at her. She had an unreadable expression. “So you’re saying you set this up.” she said slowly. “Oh, crap. This is not going to be good.”Kris thought. But contrary to expectation, she had smiled. “Thanks for patching things up between us, you guys.”she thanked all of them.

All of them sighed in relief. They thought that she was going to kill them all. Kris smiled at her and she smiled back. He put his arm around her shoulder. “Things are going to be great from now on.” Both of them thought together. 

A/N: Guys, I am back. Hope you liked the chapter.Keep your eyes open as I am going to come back with a V-Day special chapter for you guys. Happy Valentine's Day.