Fany's POV

Depressed

Seeing her depressed every day is killing me as well. 

I'm just a normal girl that wants to lead a normal life. The day when she confessed to me that she was gay, I was speechless. All that was going through in my head was that I might stand a chance too. 

I took a very long time to realize that I do not just love her as a best friend. I enjoyed skin-ships with her. I like hugging her petite form because I always feel safe in her arms. I like stealing kisses on the cheeks from her because her blush and her expressions are just priceless. Sometimes when we are just cuddling in bed, chatting I would look up to her luscious lips and feel tempted to kiss them. Her dimple smiles and her dorky laughter never fail to amuse me and brighten up my day.

Then many would ask me. Why did I avoid her? I wished that things could go as smoothly as things had for my two other best friends, Jessica and Yuri. They're the sweetest couple ever, not caring about how the rest of the world is looking at them. The day my taetae told me randomly that she was gay when she sent me home after a full day of hanging out, she just turned her back on me straight after she said it without waiting for my response. After I went inside, I saw my father at the dining table and I casually asked him after I joined him. 

'Daddy, what do you actually think about Jessica and Yuri's relationship? Since you're best friends with Jessica's father and watched her grow up with me.' 

'I'm amazed that Jung accepted their relationship though, and I respect that. I wouldn't say I can do that if I was in his position. It’s basically a sin! Women are meant to be and made to be with men and not another woman. I do applaud them for their courage against the society on one hand. On the other, I would rather not see them too often. I do not mind you hanging out with them, since I know they're nice ladies and I watched all of you grow up. I do hope, though, that you do not get influenced by them. Do I make myself clear, Stephanie Hwang Miyoung?' My father replied and lectured me.

I literally just sank into my seat at each word he was nagging at. Not being able to come up with a reply, all I did was nod my head and retreated back to my room. That night was the most heart breaking night in a while, the last being when my mother passed away.  Mom, would you accept me for who I am and the person I love being a woman? Why does the society judge people this way? Why must it be a sin to love her? I have never felt so lost in my life.

Each day I will hide myself in the corner of the street, looking at her slump shoulders as she walks to her car before starting it and leave for work. Her eyes look so lifeless and she no longer releases the dork in her. I cannot bring myself to approach her anymore, avoiding all her gazes. I could see the love when she looked at me, but I cannot afford to let myself fall deeper in love with her.

I know I am hurting her, I am hurting too. What can I do? I feel so stressed out I cannot even focus when I'm at work, earning many slaps on my head from Jessi and many concerns from Yul and my Seobaby. They have seen how much I have changed during this period of time and they probably guessed why from the way I avoided Taeyeon. 

I went home from work and saw my brother, Leo and my sister, Michelle chatting casually in the living room. They asked me to come over to join them and I was glad to have that distraction. Soon our conversations diverted to my life and my friends. 

'So, how are Jessica and Yuri? They're such a cute couple!' Michelle unnie squealed. 

'Yup how are they? Are they doing well? I hope Jessica isn't bullying Yuri too much or she's gonna be left alone all her life,' Leo oppa laughed. 

'They're fine. How do you guys look at their relationship, though?' I asked. 

They looked at each other before Michelle unnie spoke up, 'Steph, we know about how you feel about Taeyeon and vice versa. We want you to know that it is not wrong to love someone. If you really wanna know how we feel about them, let's just say we're more than happy they finally realized that they are meant for each other. It's a known fact since we were young.'

Leo oppa sat closer to me and pulled me into a comforting hug and said, 'She's right, Tiff. It's not wrong for you to love Taeyeon. We are in no position to tell you what to do. There will definitely be more obstacles than if you were dating a guy. You can't stop the world from judging you. You can't stop Daddy from his beliefs too. If you think it's worth it, fight for it. Let Daddy understand that you need her in your life. I believe as long as those around you approve of your relationship, being around each other will be enough.'

'We don't want to see you suffering or unhappy, Maknae. It's heart breaking for us to watch too. Think about it ok?' Michelle unnie cooed. Both of them gave me a hug and kissed me on my forehead before leaving me alone to think. 

After I crashed onto my bed, I broke down and cried my lungs out. Still not knowing what to do, all I could do was sob and ask God What is it that You are expecting from me? Why is love so hard? 

Taetae, bogoshipeo. Saranghae. Mianhe.

 

P.S. Jessica, Yuri and Seohyun works in the same place as Tiffany and has been friends since diapers. Everyone dotes on Seohyun as she is the maknae therefore referring to her as their baby. All of them knows Taeyeon as well but have given up trying to hang out with her since she is always busy working and she works in a different place as well.

 

 

A/N:

OMG finally I'm done! Took me 2 hours to write and proof read once! So much difference from the 15 min taeyeon's view. But yeah this is a whole lot longer as well although my thoughts are all messed up and not as organized as it always is. Anyway, Happy Valentines Day to all users and people who come across my story. For those who have lovers, please treat them like it is Valentines day every single day~ Although English is my first language, I know there are mistake I have yet to discover. Hope you can comment on it so I can improve as well.

 

Please take some time to subscribe, comment and upvote. Preeeetttttyyyy pwwweeeeeaaassseee? XD