Bumps along the way

The Road to Redemption

Sandara groaned, struggling to focus. She opened her eyes blearily, her vision blurry. Her mind felt foggy as she tried to remember what happened.

She was on a plane.

She was on her way to America.

The explosion…..

The explosion…..

Dara sat up in shock. The quick movement caused her head to throb and she groaned in protest. She tried wiggling her body but she felt tight ropes constricting her hands and legs. She gasped and tried to scream. The tape on her lips merely allowed her to let out an ‘umph’ in protest. She blinked her eyes furiously as she tried to bring the room into focus. At first she thought she was sinking back into unconsciousness but as her eyes adjusted, she could tell that she was in a dark, damp room. Where was she?

“Oh, you’re awake,” a male voice startled her back to reality. Her eyes widened and she squirmed in her seat. She strained her eyes to see but she could only make out his outline in the dark. She trembled slightly, mostly from the cold. The man walked towards her, his heavy footsteps the only sound other than her heavy breathing. He stopped and bent down so that he was at eye level with her. Her body shook.

The man reached out to her but she squirmed away from his touch. She glanced up and her stomach sank.

It was the man from the plane. The ‘drugged up’ one. She gasped but no sound came out. He reached out and pulled the tape from her lips. She gasped again.

“Don’t even try to scream, No one will hear you,” he said casually.

“Who are you?” she asked, her voice shaking slightly. felt dry. The man didn’t answer. Instead, he took out a cigarette and lit it. There was a moment where his face was fully illuminated. His chocolate eyes glowed, making his face seem surreal. The light disappeared but Dara could smell the smoke. She could faintly see him as he smoked deeply, blowing out the smoke. Suddenly the door open. Dara stared out. She realized she was in some sort of log cabin and from the way the full moon appeared, it was well into the night. Dara started yelling in hopes someone would hear her but when she saw her ‘saviour,’ she deflated immediately, her scream getting lost in .

It was her bodyguard.

And he was carrying a Mcdonald’s bag along with three drinks.

Her bodyguard closed the door quickly and placed the food on the table. Dara narrowed her eyes the smoking male nodded, turning on the lamp at the table.

“Thanks Daesung, great timing….I’m starving,” he remarked as he flicked the cigarette away, crunching it with his boots. Her bodyguard (apparently named Daesung) smiled faintly. “No problem hyung….oh, she’s awake,” Daesung said, suddenly awkward. He pulled at his tie nervously. Dara simply glared at him and looked away. The other man chuckled softly. “Aw look Dae, she’s pouting, typical princess.”

“Shut up!” she snapped. She didn’t have time to figure out where her new found courage came from because the man was in her face, glaring.

“You listen to me carefully. You’re in MY custody now. This isn’t your father’s place. I won’t be treating you like a spoiled princess got it? You better show me some respect or else-”

“C’mon hyung...she’s scared. You already have her here-”

“I know what I’m doing Daesung,” the man said sharply. He rolled his neck, trying to focus. He hoped his brothers were having better luck.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

LAX-A few hours ago

Chaerin paced, her fingers pressed together as she tried to relax. How could she bloody relax? The plane Dara was on crashed and no one was giving her any updates, and to make the situation worse, Bom’s plane landed with NO sign of her...that girl, what a spaced out-

Chaerin gulped, her eyes filling with tears. No, don’t think about it. Dara and Bom were fine, she just needed to stay calm.

“Excuse me?”

“WHAT?” she barked, glaring at the idiotic guy. He was dressed in a dark, business suit and large, round glasses. The man did a double take, fumbling his briefcase. “I-I’m sorry for bothering you...I was wondering whether flight 1560 has landed, I’m afraid I’m a bit late and-”

“The plane crashed, they’re saying no survivors,” Chaerin said bluntly, staring ahead. Her eyes itched as she blinked back tears. The man dropped his briefcase. “I-I-I” he stuttered. Chaerin sighed and she turned towards the flustered man. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for it to come out like that, it’s just that I’ve been standing here for hours and no one will tell me what’s going on and my cousin’s on that plane-” Chaerin was speaking quickly, her voice breaking as the tears she desperately tried to keep at bay fell.

“And I don’t know if she’s okay and it’s all my fault-” she collapsed against the man as she let out a sob. The man hesitantly wrapped his arms around her. Normally she would never be seen in this position but her heart was breaking. Her cousins were missing and she felt so lost.

“None of this is your fault, it was a freak accident,” he said firmly. Chaerin nodded, wiping her eyes, giggling uncomfortably. “Sorry about that-”

“It’s alright, I understand. I’m sure everything is fine,” he said, adjusting his glasses. Chaerin smiled. At least he knew what she was going through. she stood back and offered him her hand. “I’m Chaerin by the way.” The man smiled and grasped her hand.

“Seungri.”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jiyong checked his phone, rolling his eyes at his maknae’s message.

 

The mouse is in the tiger’s den ;)

 

Yeah, whatever Seungri.

Jiyong punched in a phone number, his eyes darting to Dara. She sat there, glaring at him. He tried hard not to smile as he walked out of the cabin. The plan had gone well so far. Dara being on the same plane he was, thus killing two birds with one stone. Seungri was in position. He hoped Seunghyun was having luck.

“Hello?”

“Hyung? Everything okay?” Jiyong asked. Seunghyun groaned. “Yeah, I’m alright…”

“What’s going on over there? Do you have her?”

“Yeah, obviously,” Seunghyun said, annoyed. Jiyong raised an eyebrow. The eldest of the group, Seunghyun ‘TOP’ Choi was easily the most charismatic and easy going. It was rare for him to show that he was annoyed.

“Hyung….are you sure?” Jiyong asked cautiously.

“Well….yeah….It’s just-”

“YAAAAA!!!!!! WHO ARE YOU SPEAKING TO???? HELP! HELP!” A female screeched on the phone. Jiyong winced. Seunghyun sighed. “Look, don’t worry about anything...I’ll talk to you tomorrow okay?”

“Yeah alright. Talk to you soon.” Jiyong hung up the phone, rubbing the back of his neck. The officers couldn’t bring an exclusive criminal in a busy airport. THey had to take discrete measures by sedating him while on the plane. What they didn’t realize was that YG had trained his guys to be immune to most sedatives. It was only a matter of pretending they were working. Jiyong smiled devilishly.

The plan was working accordingly.

______________________________________________________________________________

New York

Seunghyun glared at the she-devil reincarnate. She was glaring back at him from her spot on the bed.

Park Bom was a piece of work.

It was easy enough to lure her away as she struggled to get luggage onto the cart. She stood outside of the airport in her fur-coat, pouting as she looked around for assistance. She saw her eyes roam his face as he came at her, pleased with what she was seeing.

“Oh good, are you here to help me?”

“Something like that,” he said with a charming smile as he stretched his arm towards. He pressed his fingers into the pressure point at her neck, making her go unconscious. Another trick YG taught him. He grabbed her and placed her in the escape vehicle he had waiting, then went for her luggage. Once they drove away, he bought himself a little time by making her breathe anesthetics. He drove to one of the many motels that had hourly rates.

Now the she-devil was awake and now she was driving him insane.

“WHO THE HELL ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO WITH ME?” she yelled. Seunghyun rubbed his temples. He wished she would shut up already.

“WELL?” she snapped, nudging him with her feet. Seunghyun’s eye twitched as he tried to remember what YG said. What was that again? Oh right….

No harm should come to them unless I say otherwise…

Seunghyun zoned out as Bom went on and on about some girly trip across America or something. Yuck. Seunghyun tried to remember the last his brothers did something like that….just having fun, without planning out their revenge.

Never.

“AND WE WERE SUPPOSE TO SEE THE STATUE OF LIBERTY AND THE GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE AND THE EIFFEL TOWER-”

“THE EIFFEL TOWER IS IN FRANCE YOU DIMWIT-” Seunghyun exploded.

“I KNOW THAT! I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE ONE IN VEGAS YOU NINCOMPOOP!” Bom yelled back. Seunghyun’s eyes widened in shock. He was one of the most feared men in the world. When he walked into the room, those who knew him trembled. Those who didn’t looked at him with respect because he could command a room. Yet, here was this-this girl….calling him a what?

 

A nincompoop?

 

Seunghyun had enough of it. He couldn’t listen to her nonsense any longer. He walked up to her, turning her around to face her as he clutched her to his chest. He felt her breath hitch, her brown eyes widening, looking like a lost puppy. Seunghyun smiled, amused. At least he got her to shut up.

A little too late for that Park Bom.

Seunghyun made like he was caressing her face, his hand touching her hair, the side of her face as his hand continued its descent down to her neck. He noticed her eyes never left his. He saw awareness in her eyes as she narrowed her eyes. Seunghyun smirked and pressed against her pressure point again. Bom went unconscious again. Seunghyun placed her on the bed, staring at her. When she wasn’t talking, she was a complete angel. Seunghyun smiled then frowned, shaking his head.

He was on a mission, he couldn’t afford to let his mind play these tricks. He sighed and sat down on the bed beside her to wait for his next instructions, tucking the hairs away from Bom’s face so that she could sleep peacefully.

____________________________________________________________________________

Jiyong returned to the cabin. He left the cabin after he had spoken to his hyung. He needed time to think. He wasn’t feeling guilty….not at all….

And yet….he didn’t like the way Sandara Park looked at him with fear. She was innocent, he decided. He shook off those feelings. He had a job to do. Not just for himself but his brothers. There was a lot riding on this. They needed to strike Park Jaesang where it hurt.

His innocent daughter.

Jiyong walked back to the cabin, feeling slightly more at ease. He opened the door.

Daesung was on the ground, struggling to get up.

“Daesung!” Jiyong ran towards him and helped him up. Daesung was sporting a black eye.

“Sorry hyung….she-she got away from me,” he said as he gingerly touched his eye. Jiyong growled.

“.”