Chapter 1 - The Revealing Of Her Past

Opposites Attract

It was a Monday morning in South Korea. The sun rose from it's slumber. It shone through the whole country.

 

In a small house in the streets of Incheon, lived Mr. Kim Jung Hee and his niece Kim Taeyeon. His niece Taeyeon also known as Taeng, her nickname, lived with her uncle for 4 years after staying with her best friend because her parents and sister had a tragic accident.

It was really hard for her to take when her family left her.

 

 

Flashback

 

10 year old bubbly Taeyeon was in her room happily doing her favorite hobby, reading. It was the only way she could remove the thoughts of the people who keep bullying her. They even called her names like "ugly","nerd", "stupid" and more.

But Taeyeon, was not ugly nor stupid. In fact, she was very pretty and very smart. She was the smartest kid in the whole school. She was often called ugly, because she wore thick and rounded glasses that covered her big brown eyes, and also braces on her teeth.

 

She was alone in her house, because her parents and sister went out to buy some groceries as it said on the note left on the fridge when she got home from school.

"Hmm..." She hummed, giggling as well while reading her book.

 

 

Hours later...

Taeyeon finished her book and looked at the time. It was 7:00 pm already and her parents aren't home yet. She went downstairs to get some food. As she did, the phone rang.

She answered it and that's when everything changed.

 

"Taeng, honey. This is your aunt Sho speaking." Judging by the sad tone and nervousness of Taeyeon's aunt's voice, she realized something was wrong. She was hoping her aunt was just drunk again or something.

"Eh, ahjumma! Gwenchana? What's wrong?"

"Honey, your parents...and sister.. They had a car accident."

With that said Taeyeon had dropped the phone, her eyes grew wide and tears started to form through them. She tried to reassure herself that her family was still alive and her aunt was just playing a prank on her, a hurtful one. But she couldn't, no matter how hard she tried to.

She fell down on the ground, curling herself into a ball. She closed her eyes hoping that all of this was just a bad dream, hoping that by tomorrow everything will be alright. Then she driften off to sleep..

 

 

The next day...

Taeyeon was still in deep thoughts. She frowned, never spoke to anyone and just kept quiet.

Her bestfriend Jung Jessica, was worried about her. She suggested her to live with her for a while. Taeyeon didn't hesitate to agree.

 

For some time, Taeyeon lived in Jessica's house for 2 years, until her uncle came to get her. She moved in with him.

And that's when the whole story starts.

 

End of Flashback

 

 

Kim Taeyeon, lived in her uncle's house for 4 years now. She's currently 16 years old and a Junior high student. She hasn't started going to her new school yet, but she will.

Her uncle enrolled her to a very famous rich music academy in Seoul. The academy was for students who are interested in music and arts and also for those who are very intelligent. He knew that her niece was a great singer and knew how to play the guitar, as he heard her singing in her room at times.

The academy approved of her, seeing her records she was indeed an intelligent and talented young lady.

 

She didn't want to leave without her bestfriend, so they brought her along, but Jessica was going to study in another school where her cousin was.

 

What will happen next?