CHAPTER 6: EVACUATION

The Legend Of Emblems

CHARACTER’S TRAITS UPDATE

Kai
Age: 20
Emblem carrying: Fighter
Weapon used: Fighter’s Knuckles

CHAPTER 6: EVACUATION

The 3 emblem carriers dispel their weapon and find the King in the crowd. Kris finds him, three of them kneel down.

“Your Majesty, sorry, we failed to protect Gasaleon…”
“No…It’s not your fault…”
“NO…It’s mine…I should go out earlier…”

Krystal puts her hand on Kris’s shoulder…

“Don’t blame yourself…”

Lay runs toward them.

“Krystal…Krystal…It’s not good…”

Krystal walks toward him.

“Wha…What happened?”
“Your father…He was wounded…”
“What?! Take me to him. FAST!”
“This way…”

Krystal sprints as fast as she could to her father. From far away, she can see her father lying on a stretcher. Her vision was blurred by her own tears. She bursts into tears like what she did when her mother leaves her. She is afraid that she is going to lose another and the only parent.

“Dad! Dad! Are you okay?! Can you hear me? Dad! Please. Don’t leave me…Dad…”

Kris and Kai reach her. They just watch her, didn’t do anything because they just can’t. At this moment, leave Krystal alone is the best way. Tears are dripping from Kris’s eye. He knows that feel, years ago, when his parents died. He can’t do anything but just stand there. That feel, want to cry, no tears come out, want to yell, no one hears, want to die, nobody cares.

“Dad…you can’t leave me like this….Dad wake up…WAKE UP!”

Krystal stands up and has the fire spell ready on her hand…

“WHO DONE THIS TO MY FATHER!? STAND OUT?! WHY YOU DIDN’T PROTECT HIM?! Say that everyone needs to be protected…WHY HE’S STILL LYING THERE!”

Krystal starts cast Fire Spell everywhere. Some of the soldier gets burn by her fire. Kris flings at her and stops her from injuring others. Lay casts Water Spell to put out the fire.

“STOP IT, KRYSTAL!”
“YOU DON’T KNOW MY FEELS…”
“I KNOW! I KNOW THE FEELS MORE THAN OTHERS!”
“Bastard soldiers…THEY SAY THEY WILL PROTECT EVERYBODY! BUT MY FATHER IS STILL UNCONCIOUSLY!”
“SHUT UP!! See them…”

Kris points at others wounded soldiers. None of them are the residents. All of them are the Gasaleon’s soldier. Some of them start to vanish (die), their families cry sadly besides them.

“See? You’re not the only victim…They die protecting the Kingdom! They protect anyone with their lives…”
“But…”
“Yes…Maybe they failed to protect your father…But that doesn’t mean they didn’t protect the residents...See those…Those has dead…They fight bravely, and don’t even have any chance to say goodbye with their loved one…”

The king walks slowly towards them.

“Your father...He fights bravely for us…”
“Wha…What? My dad…fights…”
“Yes…He saw the Legion is invading us…He grabbed a bow and fought bravely…”

Krystal changes her vision to her father.

“He…fights…for us?”
“Yes…He deserves the greatest honor of Gasaleon Kingdom.”

Soldiers, guards including the King bow at Krystal’s father. Kris walks toward her, comforts her…

During the nighttime, in the outskirts of Gasaleon. The residents of Gasaleon built some small tents. They’re going to rest like this after losing their home. The king receives a message from Camase.

“HAHAHA! THANKS FOR THE GIFT! HAHAHA!”

The general stands up and says.

“We should retrieve Gasaleon, Your Majesty…”
“But with our power now…”
“Yes…We can’t…We should call for reinforcement…”

Someone knocks the door, its Kris…

“Your Majesty, I can get reinforcements for you…”
“What?”
“I can get it from others Kingdom in Legaiona…”
“It’s too dangerous…”
“It’s not about my life…The residents of Gasaleon are suffering…I need to retrieve Gasaleon as soon as possible.”

The king sighs. After thinking for a while, he takes a map out from his drawer and gives it to Kris.

“Take this…Map of Legaiona…It’s useful…”

Kris takes the map.

“You can take off whenever you want…”
“Tomorrow morning.”
“Is it too fast?”
“No. I need to set things right as fast as I could.”
“Okay. General, Prepare some soldiers.”
“No. Your Majesty. I’ll go on myself.”
“Why?”
“It’s too dangerous for others...I can’t waste lives.”
“But it’s dangerous outside. You’ll never know what creatures you will meet.”
“I’ll let others Emblem Carriers follow me. That’ll be better.”
“Okay then, dismiss.”

Kris, Krystal, Lay and Kai. They sit around the fire, chit-chatting.

“Tomorrow, guys…” -Kris
“Yes…We must retrieve Gasaleon.” –Kai
“Those Legions…One day…I’ll kill them all…” –Krystal
“Lay…” –Kris
“What?” –Lay
“I need to break the rule…” –Kris
“What rule?” –Lay

Kris fishes out the Elementalist Emblem and gives it to Lay.

“We need to fight now…” –Kris
“Is it for me?” –Lay
“Yes…But remember…Help those indeed instead of using it on your own purposes.” –Kris
“I’ll remember that.” –Lay
“Krystal, are you okay…” –Kai
“Yes…just need some space…”-Krystal

Krystal goes into her own tent.

NOTES FOR READER:
Waiting for long time? Sorry about that…I’m just 15 and I have homeworks to do…^^ hope you guys will forgive me. However, you like this? I insert some feely moments in it….Can you guys feel it? YES. You’re awesome. NO. Really, okay then, I’ll work harder. FEEL FREE TO COMMENT…QUESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED.