CHAPTER 1: THE PROLOGUE

The Legend Of Emblems

CHAPTER 1: THE PROLOGUE

This is the richest kingdom of 3rd in Legaiona. Two guards in front of the gate play the most important role in the kingdom. They must be much alerted to prevent bandits, robbers and even Saturnine’s Legion. The time is 6.00pm, the guards are going to exchange shift. One of them hears something.

“Do you hear that?”
“What?”
“Like Helaine moving.”
“No…we need to be fast. Other guards are going to take over the outpost.”
“Let’s go.”

Suddenly, they saw a Leone (lion in Legaiona’s language) jumps out of the bushes. More of them coming out slowly from the orchard one by one.

“Hey, go get some backup…”
“Yes sir…”

One of the Leones flings at the guards. One of the guards able to stab it with the spear before the Leone scratches him. The other Leones start to attack them. After they fight two other Leones, they are wounded, but there’s still 8 Leones left. The pack leader of Leones flings at them again…

*KLING*

A Leone bounces back and hit another Leone. The Leone’s tooth broke. A man with shield and sword equipped on his back blocked the attacks for the guards. The Leones regroup and plan for second wave attack.  The swordsman pulled out his sword. The necklace he’s wearing is shining. The shield has the carving of dragon’s wing. He’s the Swordsman Emblem Carrier, he is Kris. The Leones step backwards when they saw the necklace. It’s the emblem. The Leones run away.

“You can go now.”
“Thank you very much.”
“Be careful next time.”

Suddenly, Kris feels something and he shuffles backward. An arrow from nowhere nearly shot him. After he stood still, he realized the Legion is arrived. With Spear Army in front and Archer Battalion as back row, the Archer Chaos Ravager, Camase, is ready for fight.

“Go away, Emblem Carrier, I just want to retrieve Gasaleon, I’ll consider to forgive you if you go away.”
“Oh, I see what about YOU go away and I’M the one to forgive you.”
“Then there’s nothing to explain.”

Camase gives the Archers a sign, and the archers get their arrows on the bow aiming Kris.

“So it begins…”

Arrows fire at Kris. But none of them shot him because Kris blocks all the arrows with his shield while sprinting towards the army. The archers are still preparing for next wave of attack, but Kris reached the front line of the army. The spear-wielders rush toward Kris. Kris jumps and breaks their spears by landing on them. Kris managed to give a flying kick on one of the spear-wielder’s face. Kris stabs a spear-wielder and rushes toward another spear-wielder. At the same time, the archers are firing the arrows at Kris. Kris grabs a soldier and uses him as human-shield. Second wave attack failed. Camase is angry. He uses his own bow and arrows to attack Kris. He fires two Dark Arrows at him.

[Dark Arrow]
An arrow that will follows its target.

Kris breaks the first Dark Arrow with his sword. But the second arrow is still after him. Right before the arrow hit him. Another arrow coming from nowhere hit the Dark Arrow and stopped the pursuit. Kris glances everywhere and finds a girl standing on the wall of the gate lead to the Gasaleon. She jumps down and lands lightly. She is using a Spirit Bow.

[Spirit Bow]
A bow that fires Spirit Arrows at enemies.
[Spirit Arrow]
An arrow that created using mind-power of Archer Emblem Carrier.

The girl pulls her bowstring, summons a Spirit Arrow and fires it at Camase. The arrow was too quick to evade, so she hit Camase on his armor. The armor is pierced by the arrow and broke.

“Who…Are…You…”
“Archer Emblem Carrier who hates The Saturnine.”
“You’ve been warned…RETREAT!”

Camase opens a portal and leaves with his wounded army.

“Hi, my name is Krystal …Nice to meet you…”

The girl grins from ear to ear.

“I heard you’re Kris right? I very admire you since a long time ago…”

Kris dispels his weapon and goes into the gate.

“Can you teach me how to become a stronger Emblem Carrier? I…”
“Listen…I really appreciate your help, but I’m not a teacher, you can learn from the master in the town.”
“No…I want to learn it with an experienced warrior but not some trickster.”
“Sorry…I can’t do it, Danny.”
“It’s Krystal…”
“Krystal…I can’t…Wait…Krystal? You’re from the Jung Family? The landlord of the Hasaleon Town?”
“My father was.”
“I can’t help you.”

Krystal dispels her weapon. Kris saw two guards wait at the entrance of town.

“Guys, it’s safe now…”
“Thank you Kris.”
“You’re welcome.”

Krystal is still following Kris.

“What do you mean?”
“You’re a daughter of the richest family in town. Am I responsible for your hurts?”
“I don’t mind injuring.”
“But I can’t afford that.”
“But…”
“I know you want to be a strong Emblem Carrier, but I can’t teach you, I have a brother, he needs me…”
“Lay right? I’m his classmate.”
“I need to go home now…STOP following me…”

Kris runs away.

“What the—He’s so arrogant…”

NOTES FOR READER

What do you think about my story? Oh…the story contained some Special Language. I mentioned the meaning in the brackets. Of course, if you’re confuse you can ask me in the comments. And feel free to comment…Ideas are appreciated.