The Way Of Change

Busy Phone

 

 

 

Sooyoung went home that night. She opened her door and looked inside. The house was quite dusty, after all she hasn't been here in quite some time. She would usually sleep in an hotel with some random girl she had met in one of the many parties she would go to. She told Seohyun she would change. Could she really do it? Could she stop the partying? Could she stop this way of life? She doesn't know. But Seohyun she's different, she different than the other girls Sooyoung randomly brought to the hotels. She wondered what made Seohyun so different from the others. Sooyoung remembered when they first met. The feeling she felt. That was love at first sight and she couldn't deny it. Sooyoung took out her phone as she leaned her against the door. She searched for Seohyun's number and pressed call.

 

The phone rang for a few times. Suddenly the sweet voice she longed for answered.

 

-"Hello?" Seohyun answered on the other side.

 

-"Hello?" Seohyun said again. Sooyoung could only stare at the wall and say nothing.

 

-"Seohyun..." Sooyoung whispered.

 

-"Sooyoung? What's wrong?" Seohyun asked.

 

-"Why do I like you so much?" Sooyoung said as she slid down and sat on the floor with the phone on her ear.

 

-"..." Seohyun didn't answer. Was Sooyoung drunk? Had she been partying again? Maybe she was just hurt?

 

-"Tell me why..." Sooyoung said.

 

-"Do you like me that much?" Seohyun said.

 

-"Yes..." Sooyoung said.

 

-"Then change" Seohyun said as she hung up the phone. She was siting on her living room and she could only stare at her phone and wonder. Sooyoung was strange. She never expected her to sound this weak.

 

Sooyoung started to cry. She got up and cleaned her tears. She looked to her apartment. It felt so lonely...so vague, so empty. As her apartment was empty so was she. She had dedicated too much time to partying that she forgot the simple and good things about life. Because maybe this is what happens when you lose your focus. Sooyoung was lost, and Seohyun seemed like her only light. She looked at her phone again. She pressed call.

 

Seohyun looked at the phone screen and wondered if she should take the call or not. Should she? Sooyoung...

 

-"Hello" Seohyun answered it.

 

-"Talk to me" Sooyoung said.

 

-"Talk to you?" Seohyun said intrigued.

 

-"I need you to talk to me, talk about anything, anything is fine as long as you speak" Sooyoung said.

 

-"Sooyoung..." Seohyun said.

 

Seohyun didn't know what to say. Sooyoung sounded different now.

 

-"Sooyoung. Are you okay?" Seohyun asked.

 

-"I'm not. I need you, I want you..." Sooyoung straightfowardly said.

 

-"Sooyoung..." Seohyun said again.

 

Sooyoung hung up the phone. She...why did she made that call? Why did she said that? Why was she feeling this weak? Seohyun was slowly destroying all the barriers she had put up. She trespassed all the suit of armor she had put. What made her so different? What?

Sooyoung looked up to the ceiling and got up she walked to her room and throwed herself on top of the dusty bed. She just felt like sleeping now. Maybe if she closed her eyes the feeling of weakness would be gone. She would be back to being strong and Seohyun wouldn't make her feel like this...Sooyoung closed her eyes and fell asleep.

 

Seohyun looked at the phone screen. Sooyoung had hung up. Seohyun got up, put on her shoes and grabbed her car keys. She rushed to Sooyoung's house as fast as she could. She didn't know why she was going but she had to go. Why was she going? Why was she caring? Sooyoung had made her life miserable for the past few weeks. Why was she caring? She didn't understand at all.

 

Sooyoung was sleeping soundly while the small tears dried on her face when suddenly the doorbell rang, Sooyoung lazily got up and walked to the door. She opened it and Seohyun was there. Sooyoung suddenly opened her eyes, she rubbed them trying to make herself understand that this wasn't a dream.

 

-"You..." Sooyoung said.

 

Seohyun didn't say anything and hugged Sooyoung as strongly as she could. Sooyoung lost all her strenght at that moment and completly fell on Seohyun's embrace. Seohyun looked Sooyoung in the eye. Sooyoung looked deeply into her eyes and kissed her... It was a passionate and meaningful kiss...

Seohyun parted from the kiss, Sooyoung pulled her back and kissed her neck. Seohyun struggled and pushed Sooyoung off.

 

-"No" Seohyun said.

 

-"No I said. I'm not one of those girls you randomly pick. I was not even into girls, it's just that you, you have something different" Seohyun said.

 

-"I don't even understand it all. You messed me up. It's all your fault that I'm like this" Seohyun said.

 

-"I...I don't know what to do" Seohyun said.

 

-"Neither do I" Sooyoung said as she pulled Seohyun into a kiss again. Seohyun kissed her back and then leaned her forhead against Sooyoung's.

 

-"Sooyoung...you" Seohyun said as she gasped for air.

 

-"I...I love you Seohyun" Sooyoung said.

 

-"You love me? Prove it" Seohyun said as she let go of Sooyoung and walked back to the elevator.

 

-"I will. One month right?" Sooyoung said.

 

-"Yes" Seohyun said as the elevator doors slowly closed.

 

-"You'll see" Sooyoung said.