Change

Chasing Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11.9.15

I updated....wuht?

Let me just say something before you all start reading.

This chapter is me trying to develop my sense of the plot again.

I can't promise you lovelies anything yet but I'm going to try and finish this story.

I'll try my hardest.

"Tae?" Hyoyeon called for the latter through the door.

"I'll be out in a sec!" Taeyeon's frantic voice could be heard through the wall.

"What's the wait? There's only one thing you could wear," Hyoyeon teased the girl.

Just as Hyoyeon was about to go on, Taeyeon opened the door. Hyoyeon smiled at her and lead the way. Taeyeon felt so nervous. After coming to a conclusion of her feelings, she couldn't look at Hyoyeon the same. The past few days were full of jitters and she would shy away from any form of skinship. That of course, didn't go unnoticed by the all-seeing Hyoyeon. As strange as Taeyeon was acting, she knew that there was some reason behind it and she was curious to find what it was.

As they approached the portal Taeyeon's hands grew damp. Hyoyeon was standing way too close to her and a step to the side wasn't of any help because the latter would take a step closer. Taeyeon looked up at her while the doors were closing but Hyoyeon just smiled innocently. What was the blonde planning? Taeyeon could only wonder.

Moments later they arrived at their destination. Taeyeon was very confused. What was she doing down on earth? Wasn't she being taken for a lesson? She turned to Hyoyeon and looked at her very perplexed.

"What are we doing here?" Taeyeon asked.

"For your lesson of course," Hyoyeon simply replied, "why? Don't you want a change of scenery? I mean if you wanna go back by all means I can call ba—"

"NO!" Taeyeon interrupted.

"That's what I thought," she chuckled and poked the girl on the forehead, "shall we?" She hooked her arm out like a gentlemen.

Taeyeon looked at her with the same confusion at the portal and kept looking at the arm like it was some foreign object. Should she link arms with her? She should act like nothing's wrong. She should but she couldn't. Why was she acting this way in the first place? Hyoyeon didn't leave any time for her to wonder and grabbed her arm and linked it herself.

Hyoyeon was going to find out why Taeyeon is acting this way. She had a pretty good idea why but no good ever comes from assuming, so she stayed skeptical and waited for Taeyeon to tell her directly. For now, she was going to enjoy teasing her.

"So first thing's first, we're going to stalk people," Hyoyeon said as she started walking.

"Stalking? W-why?" Taeyeon stuttered.

"To see how every pairing is different of course. Not every angel is as awesome as me, so we're going to spend the day to see how everyone helps their target in their own way," she explained.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes at Hyoyeon's modesty, "you're not that awesome."

"And what makes you think that? I think I did a pretty good job with you," she winked.

She blushed and lowered her head just enough for her hair to cover her reddening cheeks, "If you did such a good job why am I dead then?"

Hyoyeon twitched. It was still a touchy subject for her like ripping off a band-aid on a fresh wound. She knew Taeyeon meant it as a joke but it still bothered her. Luckily Taeyeon couldn’t notice it because she was too busy staring at the sidewalk.

"I don't know. I wanted to ask you that myself, actually," Hyoyeon chuckled, "So why did you die?"

"How would I know?" Taeyeon shoved her shoulder, "you're guess is as good as mine."

Little did Taeyeon know, Hyoyeon knew why she died but since it wasn't an angel's business to know those things, she pretended to be naive. Hyoyeon noticed her friend from afar and pulled Taeyeon towards that direction.

"Who is she?" Taeyeon asked in interest.

"You've never seen her around?" Hyoyeon was surprised.

She shook her head, "nope."

"Welp, she's my partner in crime on duo assignments," she giggled. "She can be a handful sometimes."

"How?"

"You'll see," she nodded her head towards them and Taeyeon's eyes followed.

In the distance at a local club, was a blonde floating nearby her target. She seemed lackadaisical on her job but on the contrary, that's just how she looks. Her target was dressed in y black attire but seemed to be in distress. What could be causing this, Taeyeon might ask. It was the floating angel. It was an angel's job to help guide their targets back on track towards a better life and that was exactly what the blonde was doing.

The girl kept taking steps towards the club but with every foot forward there were two steps back quickly after. It was clear for Taeyeon to see that this girl was juggling the decision to go in or not.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter