Our Beginnings

Chasing Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why hello there my lovelies~ (;

so I had this mental fight with myself over who would win on music shows between 2ne1 and snsd. I thought they'd both win some and loose some but after hearing 2ne1's album right now, they gon' whip snsd's . It's so good!

still a blackjack-sone forever and ever and ever but dayyuummm 2ne1's just too good.

anyways enjoy this story

                The clouds were unusually heavy today and that saddened the light brown haired girl. She couldn't learn how to spread her wings and extend her feathers. She was particularly fond of learning how to fly. It was like her childhood dream would finally be experienced and her endless curiosity of the wonders of flight would finally be answered. It was a pity it would have to be put off to a later date.

                She stood under a ledge outside of one of the many glass doors of the castle and looked out into the sky and clouds. Her hands went into her pockets of her toga and she sighed a long breath. It had been six months since her death and six months since she left Hayden down there to endure the aftermath. She wanted to go back down there so desperately and see how he was coping or managing after her passing but her sunbae refused to allow her. Days turned into months and she has finally accepted her death and the fact that nothing else could be done but to move on. She only hoped Hayden moved on just the same.

                She heard light footsteps coming from behind her and instantly knew who the pair of feet belonged to. Being able to meet this wonderful person lightened her burdened heart when she arrived at Traverse Castle. She thought she would be lost for all eternity and left to roam and discover her path all by herself but the moment she opened her eyes, they met another warm pair. She would forever be in debt to her.

                Her head turned towards the footsteps and a small saddened smile greeted the other. "Hi, Unnie."

                "Hey why the long face, Taeyeon?" The elder looked at her with worry as they sat down at a nearby bench.

                "It's raining and I was looking forward to you teaching me how to fly." Taeyeon pouted.

                "We have plenty of time for you to learn how to fly. We're dead remember?" She tried to lighten the mood.

                "I know. I was just really excited."

                "How about I make it up to you then?"

                Taeyeon's eyes lit. "How?"

                "I'll finally tell you about my first love that you keep begging to hear about."

                "ASSA! Jessica unnie is the best!" Taeyeon fist pumped.

                "In exchange for your story." She continued. "Why do you always have a regretful look in your eyes? Is there something you didn't get to do?"

                She looked back into the distance and took a breath. "I wasn't able to tell someone I loved him before I died and now I don't know how he's holding up."

                "I'm sure he will be okay. It'll take time though." She patted her shoulder in comfort.

                “I’m sure he’ll be okay too. He’s not one to drown himself into a dark hole of depression.” Taeyeon smiled. “He was one big ball of energy that i couldn’t keep up with. It was like he was determined to make me feel happy all the time.”

                “I know how that feels.” She laughed thinking back to her early days. “It’s like all you want to do is stay home and watch TV or surf the internet yet you’re torn away from the bed and thrown outside your house.” She pouted.

                “That’s what he always did to me!” Taeyeon was shocked that Jessica knew exactly how she felt. “I was surprised that he agreed to stay in one day when I begged for it.”

                “I’ve had a couple of times like that too but mine were her ways of saying sorry.” She smiled.

                “Her?” The latter’s eyes quickly looked at her.

                “Her.” Jessica nodded in confirmation.

                “I never thought you’d be one to like girls.” Taeyeon nodded her head in interest.

                “That’s what they all said." Jessica smiled bitterly.

               

                The two juniors in their preppy uniforms made their way down the halls of their school on their way to the cafeteria to grab their lunch. Their steps echoed the high school’s hallways as they took one after another. No one else was walking the halls and the dark brown haired girl was silently thankful. She didn’t know what her best friend was thinking. What was running through the latter’s brain to not even utter a single word after she just spilled the beans yesterday. It was unlike the girl beside her who had a motor mouth.

                She stopped in the middle of the hall a few feet away from the cafeteria and looked at her friend that stopped a couple inches after her. It was killing her softly waiting for some response. Wasn’t she her best friend? The friend who had been there through thick and thin when she had a fight with her other best friend? What could she have possibly said wrong to receive her silence?

                “Say something.” She finally broke the silence.

                “Jessi…” Her impending words were cut short from her train of thought as she looked at her best friend confused.

                “Of all people, I thought you’d understand, Tiff.” Jessica looked at her with pain stricken eyes as she now knew what thoughts were in the other’s mind.

                “It’s not like that--”

                “If it wasn’t then why haven’t you said anything since last night, Tiffany!” She cut the latter’s words short.

                “I-I’m sorry, Jessi.” She stuttered. “I-I was just taken a-aback. You don’t look like one.”

                “I know you have your beliefs, your religion, but couldn’t you at least try to be happy for me? Or at least pretend?!” Her words slowly rose in volume, not from anger but from hurt. “Couldn’t you be happy for me when I told you I finally found someone?”

                “I would be happy for you if you fell for someone other than her!” Tiffany yelled back in defense. “She has nothing going for her when you have everything! She’s not in school, Jessica! She’s a ing dropout!”

  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter