Flying

Chasing Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By the way, Yuri and Yoona did NOT kill Hyoyeon. For some clarification.

Jessica was more than happy that she is finally able to reunite with Hyoyeon. Maybe they could pick up right back from where they left. She wasn't going to throw herself at her, though she'd doubt Hyoyeon would mind at all. But she wanted to slowly make things normal again. She wanted to take it slow.

Hyoyeon's back lay on her pillows looking out her window. She pondered on her thoughts and wasn't sure on how to access the situation anymore. Her heart was beating for two instead of longing for one. It knew what it wanted but she didn’t. It wanted the familiarity of her first love but it also wanted the innocence of her last love. Why must her heart be so selfish and greedy to want both? She was in love with both.

Time healed her longing for Jessica but she never got closure. It wasn't like it was needed. They didn't break up, death broke them apart but yet it brought them back together. What a ironic world they lived in. The wind blew against a tree in the yard. Hyoyeon could feel the connection she had with it. It was like she stayed rooted on the ground and whichever way the wind blew that day was the way she went.

Her eyes stayed glazed over, focused on the tree and its wind. Someone knocked on the door yet Hyoyeon couldn't hear it. The outside world didn't exist at this moment. The knocking continued for a few more seconds and the person grew a bit impatient. With no response, the door opened and in came a pair of feet that belonged to one of the girls that preoccupied her mind.

"Hyoyeon?" A soft voice asked for her.

The latter didn't respond with her gaze still fixated at the window.

"Hyoyeon?" She walked next to Hyoyeon and nudged her shoulder.

"Huh?" She broke her daze and looked at her. "Oh. Hey Tae."

"It's time for my flying lesson." Taeyeon asked a bit shy.

"Ah, that's right. Let's go then." She smiled at her and swung her legs to the edge of the bed.

"Can Jessica unnie come?" She asked.

Hyoyeon froze and the mention of her name but remained calm. "Sure." And smiled.

"Awesome." Taeyeon chirped in excitement.

"Why don't you call her out of her room while I get ready." Hyoyeon suggested.

"Um, I already tried calling her first before coming to you but she didn't answer." She scratched the nonexistent itch on the back of her neck.

"Alright. Give me three minutes and I'll be right out to wake her."

Hyoyeon subconsciously kissed Taeyeon on the forehead and gave her that sweet smile after getting up. She headed to her closet leaving Taeyeon stunned. Her feet stayed nailed to her bedside as Hyoyeon changed into her toga. Her hand went to her forehead and still felt the plump lips that were there a few seconds ago. It felt good and she smiled.

"Taeyeon?" Hyoyeon called out for her after she finished changing. "Taetae?"

"Huh?" Taeyeon turned around.

"Let's go?" She looked at her a bit curious.

"Right."

Hyoyeon walked out of the room and turned to her left to knock on Jessica's door. Just as predicted, there was no response and Hyoyeon smiled a little bit. When was the last time she woke her sleeping beauty up? Taeyeon stood behind her patiently waiting for Hyoyeon to wake up her favorite Unnie. She was happy. Maybe she'll be able to have the best of both worlds and have her two favorite people by her side. Little did Taeyeon know that it would kill those two to be so close without physical attraction.

"You might want to stay outside while I go wake her up." Hyoyeon broke Taeyeon out of her thoughts.

"Huh? Why?" Taeyeon tilted her head in confusion.

She's so cute when she does that. Hyoyeon shook her head. She must stay focused on the task at head. "To save your ears."

Taeyeon didn't quite understand but she nodded and stood there while Hyoyeon went in. The latter took a deep breath and braced herself.  Taeyeon looked at her feet and tried to go over the things she thought about last night. She hated her habit. It would never go away no matter how much she tried. Her mind would never shut up and the only way to solve it was with alcohol. The only time she had peace with the war in her mind was when Hyoyeon crash landed in front of her. Was she willing to fight her conscience for that back?

She was about to space out another time when she heard a shrilling shriek and her hands went straight to her ears. What the hell was that noise? Did a dolphin die in there or something? Her hands slowly retreated back to her sides when she thought the coast was clear but to her disappointment another spine tingling scream split through her ears.

A couple minutes later Hyoyeon came out with a silly grin but Jessica had a chilling glare that Taeyeon has never seen before. Chills went through her spine and she instantly looked away, seeking Hyoyeon's eyes for shelter. An arm was thrown over Taeyeon's small shoulders and spun her towards the stairs. She felt vibrations to her right and looked at Hyoyeon's laughing face.

"I'm going to kill you, Hyoyeon. Mark my words." Jessica threatened.

 

"Come on Tae! Spread your wings and soar!" Hyoyeon yelled out to her.

"It's harder than it looks, damn it!" Taeyeon cursed under her breath as she struggled to stay in place.

"Don't worry you can do it! Don't think so hard!" Jessica yelled from the ground.

It had been almost two hours since they came to the training site. Everyone around her showed progression but she wasn't going anywhere. She wasn't getting any better and couldn't understand why. It frustrated her to the fullest. She made some friends during the fifteen minute break Hyoyeon let her have. One of them was called Bom like the season and the other was Minji. Unlike her though, they learned how within the first hour and left with their mentors to learn other things.

She let out a frustrated scream and her wings disappeared sending her to fall down into the abyss.  The air howled into Taeyeon's ears as the clouds kep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter