Revelations

Chasing Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

               The blonde's head turned and revealed a familiar face Jessica had searched near and far for. She couldn't grasp the sudden appearance of Hyoyeon. Yes, she was finding her. Yes, the sole reason why she tagged along with Taeyeon was to find her long lost lover but she didn't think she'd meet her so soon. She wasn't able to mentally prepare herself.

               Jessica reached Taeyeon's side and stood across from Hyoyeon. It was as if the world had vanished before their very eyes and all the ex-lovers could see were each other. Hyoyeon couldn't utter a word and her eyes mirrored what was going on inside of her. Jessica could see at first glance that Hyoyeon wasn't with them. Her body was there but her mind was amiss and Jessica knew that the latter was reminiscing. After all, she was the one who taught Hyoyeon to see through the eyes of others.

               Taeyeon stood there dumbfounded and confused. She wanted to hug her unnie tight but right when Jessica was within reach the latter stood there, staring at Hyoyeon. She then looked at Boa and was taken aback. Was anyone else confused or was she the only one who felt excluded and out of the equation? She stood there quietly waiting for some sort of response or greeting between her elders and hoped to receive some sort of idea about what was going on.

               Boa sat there shocked and honestly, quite scared. She had zero information of whom Taeyeon's superior was. Not even a name was provided and now that she could see in person Hyoyeon's first love right in front of her, guilt came rushing upon her. If she knew this was going to happen, she would have assigned Taeyeon to some other guardian angel and let the two ex-lovers reunite once again or she could have prevented Jessica's appearance from the start. She couldn't do anything now to protect Hyoyeon. The cards have been shown and now all she could do was watch it unfold before her very eyes.

               "Hyoyeon." Jessica broke the silence with a word filled with longing.

               It seemed to do just the trick as Hyoyeon was broken away from her trance. "Jessica." She spoke as slowly as possible.

               "You two know each other?" She looked at the two.

               "Hyoyeon, take Taeyeon to her room. I'm going to have a little chat with Jessica." Boa ordered her hoobae before any answer could be given to Taeyeon's question. She wanted to save her. "You can come back to show Jessica her room after you drop off Taeyeon."

               "Okay." Was all Hyoyeon could say.

               Hyoyeon turned towards Taeyeon and smiled. Taeyeon smiled back and headed for the door first. Before Hyoyeon followed right after her steps, she took a last lingering glance at Jessica with so many questions and so many regrets. Would she be able to tell them to her or will this be the last time she sees her again? Jessica smiled back at her with reassurance like she knew exactly what Hyoyeon was thinking and nodded her to follow Taeyeon.

               Hyoyeon looked away and headed out the door. Taeyeon was patiently outside waiting for Hyoyeon to show her the way. Her hands were in each other's, fidgeting away to fight the unsettled feeling in her chest. She had a bad feeling about all of this and maybe, just maybe, it would have been better to keep Hayden as a memory than to meet him- scratch that- her again. That way, she wouldn't have to go through this mess. Hyoyeon held her shoulder tight and gave it a light squeeze to break her away from her thoughts. Taeyeon blinked a few times and looked at her with a few questions.

               "Don't worry. I'll answer them. We have plenty of time." Hyoyeon assured.

               "Still as good as ever." Taeyeon scoffed playfully.

               "I learned from the best." She said with a bit of fondness lingering. "Come on. Let's take you to your new quarters."

               "Okay."

               Hyoyeon turned around and led the way leaving Taeyeon to follow. Part of her didn't like that. For some reason she didn't like the space. Was it because she was yearning for comfort in this type of situation or because Hyoyeon was Hayden and she still longed for her touch? She didn't know and she had too many questions in her mind to ponder on. Before Taeyeon realized, her left hand reached out for Hyoyeon's right and held her wrist. Hyoyeon turned at the sudden skinship and looked at Taeyeon. Taeyeon looked back at her a little surprised at herself and retracted her hand back. The rest of the walk was filled with silence.

               "We're here." Hyoyeon spoke up.

               "Huh?" Taeyeon looked around. "O-oh. Okay. Thanks."

               "My room is right above yours. There are stairs a few halls down to our left." Hyoyeon reached out for her head. "I'll be back, okay? I have to go back for… Jessica."

               "Okay." She muttered.

               "I'll see you soon." Hyoyeon turned around and took a step.

               "Wait!" Taeyeon grabbed her wrist on impulse.

               "Yes?"

               "H-how do you know Unnie?" She asked cautiously.

               Hyoyeon looked at the youngin's eyes and wondered how to answer her question. She didn't want to jeopardize their relationship, or whatever it was at this point but she didn't want to lie either. She lied enough to her already as it is so she inhaled a deep breath and steadily spoke. "She's… an old friend of mine."

               "I see." Taeyeon let go of the girl's wrist.

               "I'll answer your questions soon. Don't worry." Hyoyeon smiled and ruffled the girl's hair. "Bye, Tae."

               H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter