Reunited

Chasing Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

               "Yahh! Hyoyeon-ah! Open up!" Hyoyeon felt her room door pounded on. "Open your door, Choding!"

               Hyoyeon got up from her bed and flung the door open. "What do you want, Yuri?! I was sleeping!!"

               "Sleeping? Why sleep? We don’t need sleep." Yuri questioned her.

               "I'm mentally exhausted. Now what do you want Kkab?" She wasn’t in any mood to chit chat.

               "Boa sunbaenim wants to speak with you."

               "Ughhh, now?!" Hyoyeon rubbed the sides of her temples in frustration.

               "Yes, now. Go before I get in trouble." Yuri shooed her off towards the direction of Boa's room.

               Hyoyeon sighed and floated her way towards her destination. She was mentally exhausted from dealing with cases and files of other angels and had no intention of walking. They were those who were misplaced and should not have been given a pair of white wings. Why did Boa have to promote her to a higher job? She'd rather be in the action and deal with humans instead.

               Her firm arms grasped the golden handles and opened the door. She glided her way down the red carpet and landed on her feet once she reached Boa's chair.

               "Floating again?" Boa half nagged and half questioned.

               "It's your fault. Please demote me." Hyoyeon responded in monotone.

               "Oh, hell no! Who else do I know and trust to deal with those things?" Boa denied.

               "You're killing me with boredom here, Unnie! Give it to Seohyun! She likes this stuff!" She complained.

               "I'll think about it." Boa considered her offer.

               "I look forward to a favorable answer." Hyoyeon smiled.

               "Anyways, you're here because I need you to train an angel who has been transferred to our castle along with her sunbae." She began to talk business.

               "You want me to be a babysitter… seriously?" She looked at her shocked.

               "No, a mentor." Boa giggled.

               "Like that's any better." She scoffed.

               "Do this job well and I'll transfer your job to Seohyun. Deal?"

               "So where's the megaphone? Do you want me to have a stick too? How about some glasses and that hideous mole on my cheek?" Hyoyeon cheerfully spoke.

               "Choding." Boa giggled. "Bring them in." She pressed the voice button.

               Hyoyeon stood there absentmindedly and played with her fingers until she heard a throat being cleared. She looked up and Boa nudged her head with a smile towards the other girl next to her. Her head lifted to see the girl she hasn't seen in six months. Her insides froze and her mind tried to process what was happening. Taeyeon was standing right next to her and all she wanted to do was give her a warm and loving hug but the girl only looked at her casually. She then remembered that she wasn't Hayden anymore but Hyoyeon, the girl.

               "Hyoyeon this is Taeyeon, our new trainee guardian angel." Boa stifled her laugh at Hyoyeon's dumbfounded expression.

               "Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Kim Taeyeon.  Sorry it's just me right now, I don't really know where my sunbae is." She apologized and bowed.

               Hyoyeon couldn't help but smile. The same cute girl she protected was still unchanged. "It's nice to meet you, Taeyeon." Her left hand went directly to the top of her head and ruffled her hair.

               Taeyeon looked at Hyoyeon in confusion. That smile… where have I seen it before?  She ruffled my hair… just like he did. Her stare wouldn't falter even when Hyoyeon awkwardly laughed at what she was doing.

               "So, Taeyeon, Hyoyeon here is my best and favorite guardian angel. She will be training you in the do's and don’t's." Boa spoke as professionally as she could but Taeyeon's immense stare at Hyoyeon made her voice shaky in amusement.

               "Unnie. Stop making fun of us. I know what you're thinking!" Hyoyeon tried to ignore the awkward atmosphere between her and Taeyeon.

               "It's not my fault."

               "Yes it is!"

               "It was your wish to become a man." Boa quickly covered from her slip of the tongue as Hyoyeon face-palmed herself.

               "You what?" Taeyeon was confused beyond belief.

               "You're kidding me…" Hyoyeon was the least bit pleased.

               "I'm confused…" Taeyeon couldn't follow along.

               "Just fix this, Unnie." Hyoyeon rubbed her temples in frustration.

               "Do you want to change clothes first or…"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter