Far-Fetched

No Letting Go

It’s not the first time Joanna got a first-hand experience of the cruel reality within the production scene in the Philippines. In fact, what Ms. Lee did to her was heaps better than the last time she got reprimanded. Now, she wasn’t actually fired yet the EP downgraded her position from an artist’s PA to a merchandise vendor stationed outside the concert venue.

 

But as she walked to the goods section carrying a box full of official CNBLUE stuff from Korea, she pondered at her misfortune. She chuckled sarcastically at how a good intention turned out to be a bad idea. Slightly, she felt insulted. Had they waited, would anybody have noticed they’re missing?

 

“Of course, silly,” her subconscious spoken. “It was the Lee Jonghyun missing. How wouldn’t they know?”

 

Jo bit her lip. She couldn’t understand though why she had to go out and tell the manager that the idol was waiting for them at the back of a pillar where the fans wouldn’t see him. She sighed and closed her eyes. Maybe they knew, and they were just observing them… her. As she thinks about it, she realizes that after talking to the manager, a young Korean staff came rushing. She could swear he saw him smirk at her even.

 

That’s when everything fell to places. Maybe, the staff was sent to find Jonghyun; and then he saw them being so lovey-dovey and all. And that’s the reason behind everything. They must have known what they did; and what kind of risk she had put the male idol into.

 

So yeah, maybe, it really was her fault.

 

She puffed a deep sigh as she placed the box under the table. She doesn’t want another bad scratch in her record. With that thought, she conceded to her mistake and told herself that at least, she was entrusted with the merchandises.

 

Yet, something was bothering her; or rather, someone.

 

If there is one reason why she would never probably regret what happened, it will surely be Lee Jonghyun himself, the guitarist of CNBLUE – a man who she never really thought of encountering because one) she didn’t know him until she was told she’s going to be his PA, and two) he’s a star and she’s just an ordinary girl whose popularity could rival that of a stone. There’s just not point dwelling on it.

 

“But what if it’s fate?” Her subconscious had once again spoken.

 

A silent scowl escaped Jo’s lips as she tried to convince herself that the idea was absurd. There’s no such thing as destiny. Fate does not exist. Everything’s a choice; and what happened did happen simply because of the spur of the moment.

 

And the thought surprisingly hurts.

 

Jo blew a raspberry as she pulled a chair, sat on it, and bent down to pick the items from the box so she can arrange it for display. Shrugging her head from time to time, she seemed desperation to erase the thoughts implanted in her mind by her stupid subconscious.

 

Yet it stayed, and her heart seems to enjoy it.

 

The girl straightened up and closed her eyes, heaving deep, calming breaths in the process. If she wants to concentrate with work, she has to remove the memories of Lee Jonghyun off her mind – how his eyes penetrated through her soul; how his hands are so soft against her cheeks; how his scent lingered due to the whole time they were so close to each other; and finally, how his lips softy fought for dominance against hers.

 

A smile could have appeared on Jo’s thin lips had she not easily discarded the thoughts by opening her eyes and sorting out the T-shirt sizes. She needed to be busy so no Jonghyun-related things will bother her.

 

But of course, reality always wins.

 

And Jo was left with no other choice but to accept the fact that someone who until recently was a stranger to her has captivated her elusive heart in a matter of hours. And it is a complete defeat considering that he is a star, a far-fetched star.

 

“Things are so ed up,” she muttered.

 

 


Hey, would you be so kind to visit my blog and subscribe to it? 

Manager Hyung

It's a blog where shooting locations of Korean dramas, movies and variety shows are posted.

I try my best to find everything so please do support me? :)

That's the least I ask~~~ :D