Taking the Lead and Its Consequences

No Letting Go

With the help of Jo’s knowledge of the airport (as taught by Ms. Lee), the ‘couple’ directed themselves away from the crowd. Jonghyun wasn’t joking when he said he’ll take charge. They had swiftly escaped the fans’ hawk eyes that even Jo could feel like no one really did notice them – and that’s saying something considering she usually has the instinct of a hawk.

 

However, it’s how the idol takes the lead that the girl really couldn’t get over with. He had taken ‘pretense’ into a whole new level. During the whole time they’re finding their way, his arm was wrapped tightly either around her shoulders or her waist. There was never a distance between them. Every step seems to feel like they’re just in a park, making public display of affection intensely overrated. There was never a distance between them; and much to her surprise, she found herself okay with it – liking it even.

 

But the real surprise lies on another thing. Every corner they turn to, Jonghyun will pull her close for a kiss on the far side of her face. Jo assumed that that he’s just doing it for the sake of hiding. Doing it that way means hiding his face, and continuing with the pretense of hiding. However, how can the girl deny that a part of her was hoping that there was more to these actions?

 

The idol tugged her, and Jo was brought back to herself. They were a few steps away from the main exit and it’s the only way to get to the van, which was parked just outside the airport. It’s so near they could see it from where they were hiding.

 

However, it was beyond difficult now. The only exit was blocked by throngs of fans and getting through unnoticed is almost close to impossible.

 

“What are we going to do?” Jonghyun whispered.

 

Jo chuckled lightly. How he asked looked so cute that she wanted to pinch his cheeks. Alas, he didn’t. Instead, she decided to remove the man’s arms which were dangerously around her waist, and stepped back.

 

Jonghyun frowned at the sudden absence of warmth. He looked questioningly at the girl, but the latter just raise her hand to stop whatever complaints she felt might come.

 

“I’m going out alone,” she gestured her words for further understanding, “and will tell them you’re here.”

 

Left with no choice, Jonghyun nodded sluggishly in half-agreement. He watched as Jo walked away casually, through the crowd with total ease; although he could swear he heard one fan faintly recognize her as ‘the girl who was almost having in the corridors’. The idol tensed and decided to hide behind a vacant nearby counter to change back to his shirt earlier.

 

When he stood up, he saw their manager come out of the van. Jo had reached them already. His hyung had anger and worry painted in his face, and in a matter of seconds, he was striding back to the airport, through the crowd, to him.

 

The fans easily picked up, of course.

 

“Lee Jonghyun-oppa!!!”

“Jonghyun-ah, saranghae!!!”

“Jonghyun, marry me!!!”

 

Girls were shrieking as their favorite CNBLUE member passed by. They waved their banners and threw their gifts softly, hoping they could steal the man’s attention. But it’s all in vain. Lee Jonghyun’s mood dropped instantly when he saw Jo entering the staff’s bus with her head hung low. Apparently, she had to go to her superiors immediately informing the manager of his whereabouts. And from the looks of it, it wasn’t good news – whatever they talked about.

 

“Where’s my PA?” The idol immediately asked as soon as he found the comfort of privacy inside the van. The other CNBLUE members were all too annoyed of the delay in schedule to mind his sudden inquiry.

 

The manager shrugged as he motioned the Filipino driver to start the vehicle. “Getting fired, I suppose?”

 

Jonghyun felt the van move. Yet it seems his world had stopped with the news.

 

 


Sorry Jo, it's kinda vital na mawalan ka ng trabaho. HAHAHAHAHAHA