No Letting Go

No Letting Go

It’s finally August. Jo pulled her single trolley as she cautiously treaded along an unfamiliar pathway. In her right arm was slung her favorite small, white Louis Vuitton duffle bag which greatly complements her white tank top and bright yellow maxi skirt.

 

She smiled as she took in her surroundings. Although it’s dark already as she had arrived at night time, she still managed to understand for herself why the place was renowned as the best airport in the world. Everything looked like it was carefully and artistically designated to where it should be. Even the floors that match the beautiful walls and ceilings were enough to captivate anyone, especially a first time traveler to Seoul like her.

 

Yes, she’s in Seoul; and it’s summer. A small grin appeared in her lips as she thought about it. Who would have known?

 

 

It has been almost  year. After that night at the hotel rooftop, Jonghyun flew back to Seoul and continue his life as a CNBLUE member. Jo, on the other hand, decided to go back to Davao and take up her masters on production and some short courses on the Korean language.

 

After they made the promise of making things work, the two exchanged personal information about each other. Quite late, given everything that’s happened, to be honest; but it’s better late than never. They traded contact numbers, email addresses, even home addresses. They shared secrets and tried to decipher each other by instincts. They made the most out of the night they’re given before they once again separated.

 

Jo wasn’t able to see Jonghyun off the next day because she had her own flight to catch. The terminals for international and local flights are different so that was a little regretful on their part. Nonetheless, the next few months managed to compensate. They talked over Skype, Facebook, LINE, and all other possible means of contact. They called each other almost every night - not caring about how much their phone bills will amount to (although of course, it’s the man who called most times).

 

 

Needless to say, it was a long distance relationship. No, there’s no label on what they have; but for Jo, it was more than enough. She didn’t want to hinder him. He didn’t want to restrict her. But they made it work, as they promised. What wouldn’t if it’s based on trust?

 

As she stepped out into the arrival area she only used to see in Korean dramas and movies, Jo’s grin turned into a wholehearted smile. I’m finally here, she told herself.

 

 

 

She flagged a taxi and the driver helped her put her things in the compartment. She told the man to bring her to her destination. Eagerly, the latter complied.

 

It didn’t take two hours to get to the place. There was no traffic jam, after all. As she paid her fare, took out her things, and watched the taxi leave, Jo breathed in the freshest of air she had ever inhaled. She closed her eyes to revere the silence - the colorful light from the nearby Banpo Bridge still reflecting through her lids.

 

A loud gasp escaped her lips though as she felt hands snaking around her waist from behind. She could have screamed and asked for help, and thought that she was being harassed, if not for the familiar scent that filled her nostrils.

 

It has been almost a year but she hasn’t forgotten how relaxing his scent is.

 

“How are you?” The voice she missed so much asked.

 

Instantly, Jo calmed down. Suddenly, it felt like she’s home. She knew she was safe. She knew she was where she should be.

 

Her hands then rested on the arms on the ones around her. As her breathing relaxed, she rested her back on the broad chest that assures her infinite comfort and security. She leaned her body a little to the side as a beautiful smile appeared on her lips.

 

“I’m okay,” she replied.

 

Suddenly, she felt her head feeling so light. It’s like she was being lulled to sleep by the comfort and caresses she felt on her lips. Oh, how she missed this.

 

Jonghyun smiled satisfyingly as he pulled away. “I missed kissing you,” he mumbled as he stole one last peck.

 

The girl grinned as she decided to bring her gaze back to the beautiful bridge that was now sprouting water through its jets. “I missed everything about you,” she countered.

 

Soft chuckles escaped the man’s lips. “I have a surprise for you by the way,” he whispered.

 

Jo wiggled out of his grasp and looked at the gorgeous man before her, confused. “What is it?”

 

Knowing that there’s no way out as the girl can be very persistent, the idol fished out his phone from his pocket and navigated through it. He opened a message and showed it to Jo, knowing so well that she could understand Korean perfectly already.

 

It took quite a few minutes before it finally dawned in. The next thing the two knew, Jo was already screaming and jumping in glee, her hands wrapped around her man’s neck, planting kisses in all parts of his face.

 

After a while, she calmed down to a laughing Jonghyun. “I knew you’d be this excited,” he noted.

 

“How did this happen?” Jo asked as she tried to catch her breath. She slumped on the nearby grassy area and the idol followed suit.

 

Once again, his arms s around her thin waist. “Well, I knew you were taking your masters in production and you’re fairly fluent in Korean already so I thought I could ask the company to hire you to be my personal PA and as you see, they agreed.”

 

The girl’s eyes widened. She never had an idea about it. She thought the surprise was a material gift or something, but it wasn’t just that. It was more than that.

 

“S-so that means…” Jo stuttered.

 

“That means you’re going to work in Korea, under my company, and we’ll be together always,” Jonghyun finished the sentence for her.

 

Suddenly, tears of joy sprung from her eyes and the idol knew what it was for. Instantly, he pulled her into a hug which the girl eagerly returned.

 

“Thank you,” she repeatedly mumbled.

 

Jonghyun chuckled. “I told you we’ll make it work.”

 

As she buried her face on his chest, her mind drifted back to how they started, and how far they had reached. How did a miracle find its way to her, she’ll probably never know. But one thing was certain, there was more in store for their relationship.

 

“I love you,” she suddenly heard him whisper.

 

With overwhelming feels, Jo pulled her closer. “Damn it,” she cursed. “I love you too.”

 

And that very moment, the two understood. There’s no really no letting go.

 


DONE!

Guys, this took too long to finish but I'm really happy with the way it ended.

I'm currently talking to the actual Jo right now and she just woke up and LOL all hell broke loose when she read the chapter.

Okay, kidding.

But seriously, there are 30 other subscribers and 4 voted and I just don't know what to say.

I never thought you guys would still like my CNBLUE stories even after I messed up big time on Intertwined and One Night Stand.

So yeah, thank you so much.

 

I think it'll take a while before I could write a CNBLUE story again.

But hopefully, I could. ^^

 

I'll have to focus on my Zodiac stories first.

EXO fans, please do check my stories!

Thank you!!!!!