I Got You

No Letting Go

If it wasn’t for the burning feeling in her lungs, Jo wouldn’t have remembered that she’s alive and her body needed oxygen to survive. As dictated by instinct, she pulled away from the lulling sensation caused by the caresses on her lips – and immediately regretted it. The absence of movements against her mount made her feel empty, and for a moment, she wished to believe that she wasn’t the only one thinking that way as proven by the slight pull she felt on the back of her neck.

Slowly, Jo opened her eyes. Her breathing was ragged but she could clearly distinguish the man – or angel – in front of her. Lee Jonghyun. As the name sank in, she came back to her senses; and roughly, she pulled away, taking the idol in surprise this time.

“Oh my god,” she whispered in surprise as it dawned to her what had just happened. She covered her lips with the back of her hand, her eyes still fixated at the reality sitting in front of her.

Jonghyun chuckled shyly as a tiny hint of blush appeared in his cheeks. He retracted his hold of the girl and his hand found refuge in his hair, as his fingers entangled with the strands. He let his mind wonder what the best things to say after kissing a complete stranger.

A stranger he knew he wouldn’t regret meeting.

“It just kinda happened,” the man muttered under his breath, yet the words were still audible. “But I liked it.”

This time, it’s her turn to blush. As her cheeks heated with the confession, she scooted a little farther from the idol to regain herself.

“I –“

Jo wanted to say that she liked it too, but will she be able to express it without sounding like an easy girl? She had no idea how the real Lee Jonghyun is, and judging from what just happened, he is the type to do whatever he wants to do – with or without anybody’s permission. If she admits she likes it too, who knows what he would do to her next? Not that she would complain, but it’s still her morale she’ll be battling against.

“I need to get you outh of here fast.” The girl found the most solid excuse to not reply. She looked at the time from the clock hanging on the wall, and from her lips came out a panicked gasp.

“OH MY GOD!” There’s 30 minutes left before the presscon!”

Trained to be professional and punctual, the memory of the mind-blowing kiss was instantly pushed off Jonghyun’s mind. Immediately, he put on his cap and shades on and stood up from the couch, dragging Jo in the process to the door.

“What are you doing?” The girl tried to wriggle away from his grasp, even before he could open the door.  He was hurting her by how tight he was holding onto her wrist.

Sensing the discomfort, the idol relaxed his hold on the girl but didn’t release it fully. “We’re going as planned. We’ll pretend to be a coupld and I’d have to be very clingy—“

“Without the disguise?” Jo asked curiously, reminded of her plan to draw mustache on his face before the kiss happened. It will be risky without it. Anybody would know it’s Lee Jonghyun who’s with her.

But as if able to read her mind, the idol faced her and smiled. “I have never been seen with a girl beside me in the airport. I have a clean record so rest assured that no one would suspect that I am the Lee Jonghyun. I’ll make sure to you that they’ll think I’m just an ordinary man who came to a trip with his loving girlfriend.”

Blush crept in once again on Jo’s cheeks. She liked the sound of being ‘his loving girlfriend’, but a part of her ached that it would be as impossible as Hogwarts turning real. As for the plan, she couldn’t help but feel a little complacent. Yet, doubt was still there

Drowned in her own thinking, Jo was distracted by the feeling of soft skin easing away the lines on her forehead. A soft chuckle completely brought her back. Jonghyun was no longer holding her wrist. Instead, he was cupping her cheeks, forcing her to look through his mesmerizing eyes.

“Relax,” he cooed in the most melodic voice she had ever heard. “Just follow my lead. I got you.”

Then he stepped back a little and laid out his palm, asking the girl to put her complete faith in him.

There was a momentary battle inside Jo’s mind as she stared at Jonghyun’s hand. But alas, she decided to slip hers on it, pushing away all inhibitions.

It was YOLO all over again.