YOLO

No Letting Go

Jo was beyond grateful of the fact that Jonghyun has a bag filled with sensible materials to use for her plan. It was luck, a miracle even that there was an extra shirt, a scarf, a cap, and a pentel pen along with his numerous gadgets. To her, these things were enough to work his disguise.

 

“Please change into this,” she told the male idol who was sitting just adjacent to her, watching whatever she’s doing with his possession. “Some fans saw you in that shirt already so you have to change.”

 

Understanding the purpose, Jonghyun nodded as Jo went back to rummaging the Louis Vuitton bag for other useful materials. However, her breathing hitched as time stopped when in her peripheral view, one unexpected thing fans will certainly kill for happened.

 

Lee Jonghyun stripped half- in the couch, beside a girl, and swiftly changed into the new shirt he was given.

 

Despite not seeing it directly, Jo stiffened. felt dry at the scene she had just witnessed. She had always heard about how ‘y’ the man beside her is, but she never really paid attention. But that very moment, she could really go around the world to testify for that claim.

 

Indeed, CNBLUE’s Lee Jonghyun is a walking perfection, a definite tempter, a god-like creature. The fairness of his skin is not just limited to what the public can see. Even beneath those usual shirts and leather, the faultlessness of his body continues – especially with washboard abs starting to appear.

 

As she realized how sensual her thoughts were starting to become, Jo shrugged and continued focusing on what she was supposed to do. What was it again? Ah, right! The disguise! She then took the market out and shifted her gaze to the man who was bringing her temptation more than all boys combined.

 

Jonghyun was quiet and surprisingly calm. But his eyes were flickering with emotions only those who know him well could easily recognize as nervousness. Yes, in a way, he is nervous. And no, it’s not about the schedules they were supposed to rush for.

 

He watched as the woman he had just met not an hour ago gracefully moves, despite the panic. Her unique looks intrigued him so much that he couldn’t help but stare as she frantically rummaged through his bag – a bag he never let just anyone, let alone a stranger, touch.

 

The idol’s eyes widened as Jo suddenly turned around to look at him, with a marker in her fingers.

 

“What are you doing?” He blurted out in surprise.

 

Jo inched closer, with a smirk on her face. “Well we need to take your disguise to extremes and you can’t say no since we need to get out of here in five minutes.”

 

Resigning to his blurred fate in the hands of the stranger, the Korean male breathed out a rather deep sigh and closed his eyes.

 

Her fingers shook uncontrollably that she had to hold the pen with two hands for her plan to happen. She wanted to draw a fake mustache on Jonghyun’s face so that no one would ever suspect that he’s the member of CNBLUE. It will be a total risk, but will anyone expect the artist to taint his glorious face with ink just to get away from the public’s grasp?

 

The thought keyed her up though, to be honest. She had always considered it fun to vandalize people’s skin, but she only do that when she’s drunk with close friends. Doing it to a complete stranger – well, not at all since he’s a popular person – might feel just as exciting nevertheless.

 

Slowly, she scooted closer, her gliding on the smooth surface of the leather couch. Jonghyun had his back leaned on the seat’s arm, with his arms crossed in front of his chest. Her heart was thumping fast as she began taking in just how immaculate the man’s beauty is – especially up close.

 

Just how many fan girls would kill to be in her position?

 

Jo lifted her hand and moved her body a little more forward to start turning his face into her own masterpiece. One , two . She felt his facial muscles stiffening, refusing to move.

 

“Relax,” she whispered as she brought back her focus on what she’s doing.

 

***

 

Jonghyun’s heart was traitorously thumping across his chest as his whole body stiffened. His eyes were tightly shut but the warm air that dampened the skin of his face was enough to let him know that the distance between him and a woman was something he had never dreamed of.

 

He could feel the of the cold ink on one side, but it was easily forgotten by the warmth and softness against the other. With that, he could easily conclude that she was cradling his cheek in her palms.

 

So soothing. So relaxing.

 

How can a stranger make me feel like this?

 

Suddenly, silence befell. The touches left. Coldness blew. And with all that, slight panic surged in. What happened? That was his first thought.

 

Slowly, he opened his eyes to be informed. However, everything seemed to matter no more when his gaze unexpectedly rested on another’s.

 

Jo blinked as Jonghyun’s eyes fluttered open. They stared at each other for quite a few seconds, as all kinds of thoughts occurred. Tension arose within the small confines of the luxurious room they’re in. She just scratched an itchy part of her arm and then she’ll get back to this?

 

Is everyone given this kind of luck?

 

***

 

It took them a few seconds before their minds began to work well. And then two things happened:

 

1: Jo cleared , though the lump remained; and put the marker down slowly. At the same time, her body started to lean away to maintain the distance. She knew it was the opposite of what she wanted; but it was just her tempted self thinking. As she kept on moving, she could imagine her inner conscious patting herself in the back, saying ‘good job, it’s a good decision.’

 

But apparently, that wasn’t the case for the other person in the room.

 

2: As Jonghyun locked gazes on the girl before him, the tension heightened. However, it was no longer uncomfortable. If any, it was beyond all those exciting moments he had shared with different girls he met. Breaking the stare, his stares shifted to the different parts of her face, as if trying to memorize it within the short span of time he was given. Her eyes, her nose, her lips – all these, he tried hard to paint in his memory.

 

He could notice her leaning away and so he leaned forward to do that one thing that has been running in his mind for the last few minutes they were together.

 

***

 

The world seemed to have stopped moving as the hearts stopped beating. The screaming silence took over with one swift motion no one must have expected to happen. The temptation prevailed and the tempter won. Jo felt her eyes close as she felt softness against her lips. Jonghyun did the same.

 

YOLO, they say.