I Need You

Smile When It Hurts Most

I ran from my house and across the street.
I stopped and looked at Tiffany's house. Was I doing the right thing? Wouldn't I be hurt in the end of this?
Those questions were heavily pounding my mind but in that instant I believed love could transform the world.
I pressed the doorbell. The door opened and I quickly went inside.
Tiffany's mother greeted me and I greeted her.

-"Where is Tiffany?" I asked nervously.

-"Sooyoung is anything wrong?"

-"No. It's just that I really need to talk to her" I said gasping for air.

-"She's upstairs. She hasn't left her bedroom all day" Her mother told me.

As soon as I heard those words I quickly rushed up the stairs. This was the last step...Tiffany's bedroom door was right there, those mere meters distanced us from each other.
I twisted the doorknob slowly. I entered the room very slowly, I looked at Tiffany's bed and she appeared to be asleep. I went to her bedside, I looked at her. She was sleeping so soundly, almost like an angel.
Her face, her hair, her eyes...her lips. I closed in on her lips and gave her a small peck awaking her from her sleep.

-"Sooyoung?" She asked as she sat up and rubbed her eyes.

-"Yes, Tiffany?" As I spoke she quickly came back to reality and realized that she was not dreaming.

-"Why? What are you doing here? Haven't had your say? You are only hurting me more by coming here. Didn't you promise me not to hurt me again?" She said as she started to let out tears.

-"I'm sorry Tiffany but better a broken promise than no promise at all...No matter what you do, I'm still damaged goods" I said as I embraced her tightly in my arms.

-"Don't say that Sooyoung...you're not damaged goods..." She said as she cried and hugged me tightly.

-"You annoy me Sooyoung. Because we're so different. I don't know how to love you." She said as she cried.

-"I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry. And I know you do the same things too...So we're really not that different me and you"

-"Yes but you have to start to fear less, hope more, eat less. chew more, whine less, breath more, talk and think less, say more. Love as much as you can, and all good things will be yours" She said as she looked me in the eyes.

-"I love you Tiffany" I said as I looked at her and cleaned her tears with my finger.

-"I love you too Sooyoung" She said showing one of her eye smiles.

That night I finally did it I told the truth to Tiffany and I wasn't hurt by it in any way, I was actually more happy than ever. I believed that love is when all you want is that person to be happy. Even if you're not part of their happiness.
But now I see I was wrong. Love is when you want to be with the other person even if that means crossing all the mountains and rivers in the world. For everything you have missed, you have gained somthing else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else. I still don't know what my loss was but I suspect that my fear to tell the truth about my feelings to Tiffany was that loss. I can now trust Tiffany with all my heart, because I know she won't break it. We all deserve somebody that cares for us, and for me that person was Tiffany. I never was a dreamer but I had this dream where in the end I ended up with a beautiful, eye smiling, brunette girl. Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow hasn't come yet. We have only today. Let us begin.
It is never too late for dreams to come true.

Nothing went as I planned and in the end fate had a screwed up way of working its magic...

 

 

THE END

 

 

Thank You 

감사합니다

Sincerely

Trane658