My Shield

Smile When It Hurts Most

 

 

 

Although it's been raining, those days were still beautiful days, you see everything that is given to us is considered a gift.
Some may call me naive and in a way they're right you see the problem is, I still believe in magic.
Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen. We should always put some effort in preparing ourselves for each day, making ourselves beautiful and pretty so anyone can see us.
Some people may think it's all about me trying to get attention but those people are just plain dumb and stupid.
I'd like to think that somewhere, someone is thinking of me. Someone is calling me an angel. This person is using celestial colors to paint my image.Someone is making me into a vision so beautiful that it can only live in the mind.
These thoughts are saving a life somewhere right now. In some airless apartment in a dark street, someone is calling out to me silenty and I may be answering them without even being there. So pure, so crystaline such life saving power when I smile.
I will never know how i have cauterized their wounds. So sad we will never touch. How it hurts me to know that I will never be able to give them everything I have. I know it sometimes that can seem sad but in a way I saved someone's life somewhere, that's what Jessie told me.

I open my eyes. My pink room is still where I am, I travel so far and to such unimaginable places during the night but still when I open my eyes I'm always in the same place anyways. I got up and went to the bathroom, took a long shower, brushed my teeth and dressed in my school uniform. I left for school.
 

I'm Hwang Mi Young but you can call me Tiffany. I'm not from around here, I came from the U.S about a month ago...that's when I knew...her.
She's different from any other person I've met in my life. It's like she's sad and hurt but no one can heal her wounds, like she likes to stay wounded...like her wounds are some kind of medals to her. I would like to be like her, I admire her so much.
I felt someone hug me breaking my train of thought.

-"Fany" Her sweet voice called.

-"Jessie" I said with a sweet smile.

It's Jessica, my bestfriend she's also from the U.S but she's been here long than I have, she taught me many things when I first came here, she's been such a help, such a pillar. Sometimes it almost seems like she's waiting for something more from me but unfortunately I don't know what that is.

-"How are you today?" She asked looking deep into my eyes as if searching me for any signs of hurt.

-"Fine" I said to her giving her one of my famous eye smiles.

-"Okay!" She said running towards school like a kid in christmas.

For the last month my walk to school is the same every morning, everyone is afraid of me or something although I never did anything to them. But she did...

It all happened about a month ago...

I had come from the U.S and I still couldn't get around with my schedule so I found this nice looking tall girl who had ear plugs. I called her but she didn't listen so I just pulled out one of her ear plugs.

-"Yah! What the hell are you doing?" She screamed in a rude and pissed off tone. I looked deep in her eyes, I still don't know why but I did. And I couldn't find any bad or wrong coming from her at all.
 

I looked at her and smiled.
 

-"I'm sorry for ruining your moment. But I really need your help, I noticed we go to the same school...well I'm kind of new here"

-"Ah, I see..." She said in a cute and shy tone looking at me through the corner of her eye.

She did help me find my way to school and to find my class but I couldn't stop sensing she was doing it but was not happy about helping someone else it was like, she didn't care...at all.

-"Thank you..." I looked at her and expected her to give me her name.

-"Choi Sooyoung" She told me her name and I made sure not to forget her.

-"Okay, Sooyoung I'll see you around" I told her.

What happened next was, something I can never forget...but Sooyoung did, I don't know if she forgot it cause...
I turned around and bumped against a small, blond girl. I had heard about this girl, she was district's number one thug.
I looked at her and saw moving but I didn't hear any words at all. I told her I was sorry but she didn't seem to care for my words. She grabbed my shirt and slaped me...I looked to Sooyoung and she was already after the blond. Then Jessie appeared and looked at Sooyoung with one of her icy glares.
It's not Sooyoung, it's not her fault I thought to me but words weren't coming out of my mouth any time soon. Sooyoung glared Jessica with an anger glare, like she wanted to kill someone or something at that moment.
Jessie put herself behind me as I moved in front of Sooyoung.

-"Sooyoung? Sooyoung? Calm down" I told Sooyoung but she didn't hear me.


Sooyoung ran after Sunny the thug that slaped me and her gang. I ran after her. When I went to the school rooftop, Sunny and her gang were unconscious and scattered arround the floor and Sooyoung was siting down against the fence...sleeping.

-"Sooyoung? Sooyoung?"

She opened her eyes very slowly and looked at me.

-"You? Who the hell are you? To make me feel like this? I did this but it's not like I like you or anything..." She said drifting off to sleep. Beating up those three must have really made her tired. I chuckled as I watched her sleeping face. Her lips were so...arousing. I couldn't help it. I gave her a small peck on the lips.

-"Thank you" I said in the most honey like and sweet tone I could muster.

Sooyoung she's such a character, it's like she's afraid to admit how she really feels.


I look to the school entrance and see...

-"Sooyoungie"

I called her. People go in and out of my life so fast, I won't miss to tell Sooyoung how I feel about her.
That much I promise.