Best Friends Forever -Chapter 7-

An Eventful Summer

 

             “What have you done?!” my brother and Donghae yelled at the same time. My sister and Heechul hyung had just gathered everyone at the beach and announced that they decided to get married. Actually everyone at the camp  -except me- was as shocked as those two. I was the only one who stayed calm. My brother turned to me because of that and asked

“Did you know about this already?” I couldn’t understand if it was a question or a threat.

“Of course not. I have just learned like the rest of us. But everybody who is smarter than an ordinary idiot could guess something like this would happen after all of those being lovey-dovey attitude.” It was his turn to figure out if my sentence was an explanation or an insult.

“Aigoo just calm down okay? I didn’t say that we get married secretly or I’m pregnant! I just said we decided to get married in the future. Do you really think I’d marry him before I got sure that he suffered enough.” Said my sister and Sooyeon unni supported her with saying

“Anyway if you are overreacting because  your sister will get married before you; I want you to know that I am open to any proposals.” I wasn’t sure about that last sentence was if a joke or her expectations. Everybody was saying sentences which has two meanings, today.  

                After a while everything called down and everyone started to celebrate the good news. I couldn’t stand my sisters speech which was about her dream wedding ceremony, so I started to walk away from them. Actually I only wanted to go to my tent and rest for a while. When I thought about the happenings of the day I realized that something about this was bothering me. I was really happy for them when my sister announced their engagement decision. I always liked Heechul hyung anyway and now with the reality of him bringing Donghae together when he will join the family it makes me even happier. The problem was not about them actually it was about me. My sister and Heechul hyung will get married and My brother has Sooyeon unni. But for me it was only been a week since I’ve fallen in love first time in my life and that person doesn’t even know anything about my feelings. I was so deep in my depressed thoughts and thinking that maybe being a monk would be the best for me when my phone started to ring.

                I looked my phones screen to see the caller ID but when I saw it I smiled to myself and answered immediately. “Jongdae-ah!” I said with a almost screaming voice.

“Calm down a bit Jaehyun not everybody whose in the town needs to know that we are talking.” He said. I could say that he was smiling because of the tone of his voice.

“It’s your fault, if you start calling me more often than once a year maybe I could react more normal when you call.”

“I always loved your habit of exaggerating things. The last time I called you was when you were going to the camp not a year ago. Anyway I have good news for you but I’m afraid of the scream you will make when you hear it.”

“You wouldn’t have called me unless you need me, I knew it. What is this big news? “

“My father have some buisness meetings in seoul and I came to Korea with him. And I’m in Busan now, I want to see yo…” I cut his explanation 

“YOU ARE IN BUSAN!!!” I screamed.

“If you’ve warned me before screaming I’d be happy. I was about to tell you this I got permission to spend the summer with you, Jihyun noona and Kyuhyun hyung. I am coming to the camp today, I missed you all so much.” I let him to finish his explanation this time.

“then come right away. When I’ll tell them that you’re coming, they will be really happy. When will you arrive?”

“About in an hour. See you!” he said and ended the call or I assumed that he did because I was already running to my sister to tell the news by then.

                “Hyung, unni  I have to tell you something important.” I said with a heavy breathing because of the short run.

“What? Did you find the love of your life too?” asked my brother.

“You’re so funny hyung. But this is really important news so I’m just going to ignore this comment. Jongdae is in Korea and he is coming to the camp today. He will stay with us whole summer.” I said in one breath.

“Well Kyu wasn’t totally wrong at all then. The love of your life part was true.” Said my sister and they both started to laugh. Then we started to arrange a cottage for Jongdae to stay with my sister. It was a joke we have in the family to refer Jongdae as the love of my life. Because even though I was popular and have many friends Jongdae was my only best friend. He was the only man in my life I love that much except my father and brother so they started to make this joke a lot.  

                Our fathers were childhood friends so our families were friends too. Jongdae  was always beside me since I was born. He was a part of the every single memory I have from my childhood. But that was until they  decide to move their company headquarters and their home to another country. Many big companies  were doing the same in those days; our parents moved our company to the USA back then too. But we were luckier than him because our parents had let us to live in Korea on our own while his parents took him together with them. They moved to China at first and stayed 3 years in there. I even give him his nickname in those years which was ‘Chen’ after that they moved to the USA too. But we never let the distant to ruin our friendship and always keep in touch in all those years.

                We finally finished organized the cottage with my sister and walking back to the beach then we saw our brother coming to us and he was with him. I ran towards them and hugged him tight.

“Yah! You should have come and see me at first not my brother you idiot!” I said to him.

“There are so many things I want to tell and show you. Come with me.” I said and started to pull him with me.

“Hey, young lady now that Chen is here we won’t be able to see your face anymore right?” asked my sister. While I was walking away with him I looked back to her and said

“Probably!” then continued walking.

***          *****          ***

(Donghae P.O.V)

                “Hey, You should wake up. Your brother is gathering everyone at the beach. He said he’ll announce something important.” Taemin yelled at me and wake me up. I was probably throwing death glares at him because he said

“Don’t look at me like that, your dreams can wait but you can’t make Heechul hyung and Jihyun noona wait. Trust me!” and walked out of the cottage. I was about to scream with frustration I must have been sleep talking again. Actually since the day of the incident happened at the cliff, I was seeing her in my dreams every night. And since we had that little walk and dance at the beach I tend to talking and giggling in my sleep at nights. I was wondering the meaning of those dreams but the fact that Taemin knows all of these and could spill it anytime he wants, was bothering me more. I was sure that I have feelings for Jaehyun but I wasn’t sure about what kind of feelings are those. Why those my heart always start to race whenever I remember us dancing at the beach? Why I always want to be next to her all day and lose my all ability to think straight whenever I am with her? I didn’t know or at least I wasn’t brave enough to admit what I already know. I promised myself that I’ll figure my feelings out sometime soon and finished preparing started to walk towards the beach.

                When my brother announced that he will be marrying Jihyun noona, I screamed just like Kyuhyun hyung but my reaction was because I shocked. Kim Heechul  who loves and cares about no one more than himself had fallen in love with a woman so much to dedicate his life forever with her. It was really hard for me to believe but I can see it in his eyes whenever he is looking to Jihyun noona. I was lost in those thought so deeply while watching them with a smile on my face that I only realized that Jaehyun left there when she come back and said something.    

                I didn’t actually listen their conversation until I heard some words which made me uncomfortable. When Jhyun noona said

“Kyu wasn’t totally wrong at all then. The love of your life part was true.”  I focused on the topic instantly. But they walked away after that and left me alone with a neon sign of “Love of your life” words in my brain. These words shouldn’t have been bothering me this much. I wasn’t even sure about  my feelings yet and feeling betrayed because of that was just means I have some serious psychological issues. And the phrase ‘love of my life’ could be used in different meanings too, not for only romantic affections. It could be a sunbae  she loves a lot or an orphan child she takes care, or a cousin,or…    

                Come back to your senses Kim Donghae your brain is more useful when it doesn’t works like a 13 year old teenage girls brain. Even though this was keep bothering me, I knew what to do to keep my mind occupied with something else. I walked to my cottage, opened my notebook and started to watch my favorite movie. I have already forgotten what have happened, even before the scene of Nemo’s mother’s death.  I was really happy when I was going for the dinner hall until I saw Jaehyun and the boy he refers as the love of her life sitting next to each other laughing loudly and talking nonstop. The boy I grew a huge irritation second by second threw his arm around Jaehyun’s shoulder and I felt like somebody killed Nemo right after he was about to reunite with his father. Suddenly I didn’t feel that hungry anymore so just returned back to my cottage.   

                The following week was like a torture to me. I always saw those two whispering and laughing together wherever I went. The gossips around the camp were making everything only more complicated. People were saying things like “they look really cute together.” Or “Jaehyun is smiling brighter than ever.” The only positive side of all of these things was the fact that I finally admitted my feelings for her to myself. There was only one explanation to all of those jealousy, I was in love with her. Sometimes I had the urge to do the weird things like the scenes in movies. For example holding her arm pulling her to myself and saying her that I love her and she will be mine from this moment till forever but I was reasonable enough to not to do those kind of things yet. But telling her about my feelings wasn’t a bad idea at all, I just didn’t know how to find that courage.  

                Because of my bad mood these days I found a secret relaxing place for myself at the camp. At the far part of the camp there was a bower behind a cottage which no one use. I usually go there and lie on the bench and think all alone these days. I lost in my thoughts at there again and the sky got dark. I’ve just decided to get up and join the others at the beach but before I even move, I heard some footsteps from somewhere close. When I realized who was out there I couldn’t dare to move even a muscle. Even though I felt a little bit bad for doing such thing I still kept quiet and started to eavesdropping.

“I don’t know Chen, isn’t this so sudden?” this was Jaehyun’s voice.

“What, sudden? You were waiting for me to tell this to you for years.” Said Mr.Nemo killer!

“And you always say  that I’m the one who exaggerate things, waiting for you to say this for years? Even with that what will my brother think after my sister already said that she will get married soon?” this answer of Jaehyun caused some questions in my brain. Could it be…

“Yes Jihyun noona’s timing is making things worse for us but didn’t we always dreamed about this? Didn’t we promised to each other for this?”

“You’re right, let’s go and tell my brother and sister. If you’ll be with me then they won’t overreact.”

“Don’t worry princess as long as I’m with you, no one can hurt you.” And with that they started to walk farther away.   

                I stayed motionless because of the shock for a while till I realize the situation clearly. There could be only one reasonable explanation for all of this, and it was that I lost. I had no chance to be with her because she was in love with someone else. The bad reality was hurting me deeply, it would be better for me to stay away from her. Maybe if I won’t see her for a while I’ll realize that my feelings was her not that strong at all. After I made my decision, I started to walk to my cottage. While I was walking fast towards the cottage  in the dark, I crashed on to something and fall down. When I stand up,I realized that what I crashed was Jihyun noona.

“Donghae, are you okay? Where were you going that fast?” she asked. Actually it was good for me to saw her, because that way I won’t   have to talk to my brother by myself.

“Noona, I have to go back to Seoul for an emergency. Could you please tell this to hyung for me?” I asked to her. Even though she looked me with suspicious eyes, she  didn’t said anything and accepted. After she said yes I started to walk again.

                When I entered the cottage I started to pack my things without even opening the lights on. Because if I won’t be fast enough Jihyun noona would tell everything my brother about this and he’ll come and stop me. Just when I finished packing and closed my suitcase my fear got real and someone stormed in to the room.

“Ya! Kim Donghae  where do you think you’re going?” but that wasn’t my brother’s voice it was Jaehyun.

“What are you doing here?” I only managed to say because of the shock.

“You can’t go anywhere. I mean you shouldn’t go there is still a lot more till the summer ends…” she started with a confident strong voice but at the end I could barely hear her.

“I don’t have a reason to stay here, I decided to go back to the Seoul a bit earlier that’s all.” I couldn’t say that my voice was better than her. There was an awkward silence for a while in the room. When I was about to say something just to break the weird silence somebody turned the lights on. I realized that I wasn’t alone in the room from the start in that moment. Taemin looked both Jaehyun and me and said

“Aish! I’m really bored from both of you when do you plan to confess each other?”  We both said

“Confessing what?” at the same time. Taemin looked like he was barely resisting to the urge to kick both of us and said

“That you love each other!” and with that he walked out of the cottage and left us alone.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for the late update, I was really busy because of my school project. But this is the longest chapter of the story so I hope that it'll worth the wait.

I think my favorite character in this whole fiction is Taemin even though he is not a major one :D 

Not edited yet so sorry for the mistakes.

Please comment and share your opinions ^^