Freaking Out! (Part 1) - Chapter 4 -

An Eventful Summer

 

I wasn’t expecting to get this affected by a stupid story Changmin hyung told us. Even though I told myself that it was just a made up stupid story, a part of my brain kept thinking about it. After a sleepless night because of over thinking about that, I wasn’t amused when I saw the storm and heavy rain weather. Because it made my plans of relaxing by swimming in the ocean and getting rid of the bad ideas had come to naught. But that wasn’t even the worst part of the day untill Yunho hyung came and said “It’s your turn to do the shopping and prepare the meal Jaehyun, don’t forget it.”

My actual problems started at that point. Going to the town in this weather surely would make me soaking wet. It was true that we were doing the chores like shopping, cooking or cleaning in turns but why did it have to be my turn on a day like this?

Today was obviously not my lucky day at all. Even though I didn’t want to do it, I still changed my clothes , took one of the bicycles and headed to the town. Luckily the rain slowed down a bit and my raincoat was enough to keep me dry partially. First I bought the grocery items for the dinner and put them in the basket behind my bicycle. Then I got into another shop to buy the mosquito repellent spray Sooyeon unni wanted. She didn’t bring any because she came in a hurry from Seoul and she was allergic to mosquito bites. I entered the store and asked the owner where can I find them and went towards where she pointed at. There were 5 different types of them and I didn’t know which one is excatly the one she wanted. So I decided to call her and ask about it. Itook my phone out and called her. While she was telling me which one I should buy, I lost my attention because of the words I heard from the shop owner and her friend.

“…saw the ghost… at the cove?... every year this time….” 

After I said “Unni I’ll call you later.” , I shut my phone while she was still talking and walked towards the owner of the shop. 

“I’m sorry, I overheard what you were talking but did you say a ghost? I heard a story about the ghost of this town last night and I was just wondering about it.” I said. She turned towards me.

“Yes we do have a ghost in this town, that’s why no one is coming for camping anymore.” She said.

“Really, do you know the whole story about it? My friend didn’t tell much last night.” I said and hoped that my voice sounded only curious but not scared.

“Every person over 50 knows this story if they are living in this town. 30 years ago there was a family which came to the town for camping every year.  Back then the town had lots of families as campers around, not just young people like you. But this Park family was different even from the other ones. They were a very wealthy family but yet they were camping in humble looking tents here. Every year they’d donate lots of money for the town. Everybody that lived in the town loved them not only because of their money but also because that they are good people too. Nobody had any problem with them.

They had 2 sons; the elder one liked diving and the younger one was into surfing. So even though they always camped at the beach, they preferred to go to the dark cove to enjoy the ocean. One day, on a stormy weather like today the young boy had reached the west coast of the cove and had to walk back to where his parents were waiting for him because of the big waves. When he got closer to the place he left them he noticed that something was wrong. There were no lights there even though the sky had gotten dark. However he knew that his mother would always light a latern for him whenever he stayed late in the water to make it easy for him to find them. In the end when he arrived near them he found the dead bodies of his mother, father and brother. Even though the police investigated it for a long while, they couldn’t find any clue about the murderer. A little after the incident the boy couldn’t take what happened to his family any more and commited suicide. He jumped over the cliff at the dark cove where he used to cliff dive with his brother but instead of jumping from the left side towards the water he jumped over the right side towards the rocky part of the cove.

The only thing tey found after him was a note he left behind which said that he would be back for the murderer. 3 months after the boy's death the people who went to the dark cove started to tell creepy stories. And those rumors spread all through the town. Some of them said they saw a surfing sparkling figure between the waves, some of them said they heard some noises like a crying boy. So like that people started to believe that the town is haunted and unless we find the murderer of the Park family, their souls will never be in peace. Yesterday somebody saw a light on the cliff but when they went there to look for it they couldn’t find anything. I think because of that, this story will be popular for a while again.” When ajumma finished telling me the story, my brain was still trying to process the things I'd just heard. The story was really matching with the things I experienced. I couldn’t find a reason to deny it anymore.

When we first met, we were talking about the SURFBOARDS(!) and when Amber came near me she said that I was all alone there by myself. When I saw him for the second time  we were on the cliff of THE DARK COVE(!) and he was giving me information about how could I jump. And that day when he talked about his family, he became sad all of a sudden. I couldn’t find him when I went back to the top of the cliff after the jump. Everything was like pieces of a puzzle which perfectly fit together. He was a GHOST! First time in my life I had this kind of feelings towards someone and that person was a G-H-O-S-T! I was right about saying that today was not my lucky day. I got out of the store. The rain got heavier again while I’d been inside. It was raining so crazily that I got soaking wet at the third second I was out of the shop.

I was trying to see the road and get back to the campside but the rain was limiting my vision. My mind was like a mess, hundreds of different thoughts running through it. When suddenly a cat appeared on the road I changed my direction at the last moment. But I wasn’t as lucky as the cat. The sudden change of direction messed my ballance and I was saved by a tree branch from falling off of the cliff on side of the road. I was okay thankfully, there were only a couple of scratches that was caused by the tree but that wasn’t a problem.  The problem was about my bicycle, Its chain was broken. I had to take it back to the town to get it repaired but the road was 30 minutes on foot. So I decided to leave it there to come back when the storm was over and started to grab the grocery bags to walk back to the camp. When I was about to start walking I heard a voice behind me.

“Do you need help?” I recognized his voice as soon as I heard him. But I was still praying it won’t be him, while I was turning back to face him. I raised my head and looked at him. It was HIM! He was on a mountain bike and looking me like he was expecting an answer. I couldn’t decide what to do, run away from him at the top speed or answer his question. The reasonable one was starting to run but damn it! Did he really have to look this amazing even when he was soaking wet?! But I came back to my sences when he got off of his bike and came a few steps closer to me.

“Don’t get closer to me you ghost!” I screamed. “I wasn’t even alive 30 years ago. I couldn’t possibly be your parents' murderer so leave me alone.”

It seemed like he was confused by my words. And I decided to take advantage of that confusion moment and started to run. I could hear that he was coming after me even through the noise of the storm. But I kept running, I was checking the distance between us by looking back periodically. He was getting closer each minute while saying some words I couldn’t understand. I was looking back to see how far he was and I stumbled on a big rock on the road. I didn’t have time to react because of the speed of my running and I felt that I was falling off the cliff on side of the road. And this time there were no trees around to prevent me from falling down. I felt like my life turned into slowmotion. I fell trough the cliff and felt the cold water of the ocean on my skin, and then I felt a huge pain when I knocked my head. The last thing I saw before the world got dark was the water turning red with my blood. Great, I thought, so I’ll die while running away from a ghost…

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There we go things are getting really spooky here :D

This chapter was originally two times longer then this but I cut it in the middle. Because I didn't want it took weeks to post this.

But I promise to update soon 

And as always (XD) this chapter is not edited yet so sorry for the mistakes. Aaaand le Poison again says that the editing is done ^w^ forgive me if i missed anything~

Please comment.

My sister  made an mv for this story hope you'll enjoy