A Peaceful Moment -Chapter 6-

An Eventful Summer

 

“Hyung?!?” said Donghae. There was something going on between these two because both of them were looking the other with eyes clouded by tears. I don’t really know anything about Donghae but all those years I have known Heechul hyung, I’ve never seen him crying before. So it was really hard to understand what I saw, for me.

“Ya! Kim Donghae when did you come back to Korea?” he yelled at him. He walked towards Donghae like he will punch him but when I thought he would hit him, he hugged him tightly. While they were still hugging each other and crying without saying anything, I started to believe the theory of me being dead once again.

“Can somebody explain what exactly is happening right now to me?” I asked. They turned to me like they just remembered that I was there with them too.

“ I was about to tell you this right when my hyung came.” Donghae answered me.

“What do you mean by HYUNG?!!”

“Donghae is my little brother who was studying in Europe.” Heechul hyung explained. I was totally in shock and only could say

“WHAT???”

“After our parents died in an accident I left Korea. I was living in the Spain. I’m nothing like hyung, I actually have feelings. After they died I just couldn’t stand to live with all of those memories here and left. And after all those years I really missed home and thought that I could live with the memories so I came back. But I didn’t want to see him or anybody I know before I spend some time here and be sure that I would be fine. You should understand if you know him that he is not really an emotional person at all. That actually caused you to misunderstand me as a ghost because whenever we met you were always surrounded by the people that know me. And because that I couldn’t take the risk of hyung’s finding out that I’m back, I always ended up vanishing from your sight.”

That explanation made me angrier instead of calm me down.

“Oh, okay then I risked both of our lives because of that. Well that wasn’t important at all, huh?!!!” I said with a mocking voice.

“WHAT!! Life… risk… you two… what happened?? Is that blood on your head??” Heechul hyung started to ask with a huge panic. We waited for him to calm down a bit and started to tell him the whole story and then he told us how my absence affected at the camp did. Under normal circumstances I would make his life turn into a hell as a punishment for sending me to do the shopping in his turn ,but it seem like my sister already take my revenge for me. I yelled

“UNNİ!” when I realized the situation; she should be really worried sick by now at the camp. Heechul hyung made a face like he would rather stay in this cave and hunt dinosaurs instead of going back to the camp when I mentioned her but he started to walk with us when we decided to go back to the camp. We were telling Donghae about all the people at the camp while we were walking.

***             *****             ***

(Jihyun’s P.O.V)

 

My face should still be looking pale because Kyu was still looking me with worried eyes. After all the things that happened last night was hard for all of us but especially harder for me. I spent most of the night half-conscious. Kyuhyun and Sooyeon stayed awake to look after me all night. I was feeling a little bit better in the morning but Kyuhyun still didn’t go with the searching groups to the forest and stayed at the camp with me. I was sure that I was looking horrible so I went to bathroom to wash my face and get myself together a bit. I was about to brush my hair when I heard some voices from the outside. It sounded like the group went to the forest for the search has came back.

 

I walked out of the cottage as fast as I can and got closer to them even though I was scared because of the possibilities of the bad news. But then I saw her, My Jaehyun was there inside of Kyuhyun’s arms, safe and looking okay. I run the rest of the road and take her into my arms from Kyuhyun’s. Then I looked at her again

“You look a little bit dirty but you’re alive! You’re okay, how did you survive in that storm? Are you hungry? If you are, I can make you the cookies you love most. Are you hurt anywhere? Do you feel any pain? Is that a wound on your head?! How did it happen? You are telling me everything right now young lady!!” I said in one breath.

“Well if you won’t struggle me to death and stop talking, I will explain everything.” She said while trying to get out of my tight hug. And then she started to explain everything happened since she left the camp yesterday till now.

“So he was basically in a worst condition than us when he found the cave we’re in. How bad exactly you had threaten him?” she finished explaining. And I just realize I totally forgot about Heechul.

“Oh, right where is he? Didn’t he come with you?” I asked

“He came back noonim. He went to his cottage silently when you were talking to Jaehyun. ”said Minho to me. I said

“You change your clothes, take a shower, eat something and have a rest I’ll be right back Jaehyun-ah. Sooyeon take care of her till I come back.” And started to walk towards the cottage that Heechul shares with Yunho.

It was dark inside but I felt relaxed for the first time since last night when I saw his figure in the darkness. He was so lost in his thoughts that didn’t even notice me. He was looking so sad that I felt really bad because I was responsible from it. I got closer to him silently and hugged him from the back.

“Oppa why didn’t you talk to me before you come here? Do you have any idea about how much I worried last night?” I whispered in his ear. His body which got stiff when he realized my existence in the room got relaxed with my words.

“I was thinking that you hate me and never want to see me again.” He said innocently.

“Of course not. I said some bad things when I was angry but I didn’t mean any of them. You are the most important person on the world after my family to me; I thought you already know it.” I said to him. He took my arms from his shoulders and turned towards me. He held my chin, looked in my eyes and said

“I’m sorry for everything. I swear, I will never make you upset again. You are important for me too. All of these things that happened made me realize how much I am scared of loosing you. Cho Jihyun I love you and I want to be with you for the rest of my life. WOULD YOU MARRY ME?”

I wanted to do something, say something, scream with joy and even dance in the middle of the room but I couldn’t move not a single muscle in my body. I was like completely turn into a stone. Even though I forced myself to do something I realized that I won’t be able to say something anytime soon so I pulled him to me and kissed him. I didn’t know how much time we spent like that before we regain our ability to talk. When we finally parted he said

“Technically you still didn’t give me an answer.” With his usual smirk.

“Don’t push your luck, my answer was clear but if you didn’t like it I can change my mind.” I said to him. Then I stood up and walked through the door to get out but he pulled my arm.

“Are we going to tell everybody now?” he asked.

“Not now we both need to take care of our dongsaengs first. We’ll tell when the time comes till then let’s keep it as a secret between us.” I answered to him. I was about to get out of the cottage he said

“Call me OPPA one more time”. Even though I couldn’t see his face I was sure that he was smiling. I rolled my eyes and shut the door to his face. While I was walking back to my cottage to see Jaehyun, I was trying to erase the stupid smile that appeared on my face.

 

***             *****             ***

(Jaehyun’s P.O.V)  

 

“I’m going to puke because of you two love birds. I don’t know if you noticed but everybody in the camp started to stay away from you. I’m telling you for the 1758th time in this last week that it wasn’t Heechul hyung who saved my life it was Donghae. Actually he needed to be saved more than me when he found us.” I said.  It has been a week since the incident and ever since that day my sister was treating Heechul hyung such as he was a hero. Everyone at the camp was thinking just like me but only I was brave enough to say it to them.

“Donghae is Heechul’s brother so technically he is the one who saved you anyway.” Said my lovely sister with her fake sweet talking voice which I hate most.

“What kind of wicked thinking is that?! The biggest possible addition he made on Donghae’s existence could be wanting a dongsaeng from his parents. Please stop talking nonsense.” I said to them, turned and started to walk the further part of the beach.

Whenever I got angry which was happening quiet a lot these days, walking at the beach helps me calm down. In fact the sound of the waves did its job and made me calm down already. I noticed that there was someone coming behind me when I calmed down. When I turned to see who it is I started to feel a heat that wasn’t caused by the sun. When he noticed that I was looking at him Donghae smiled and come near me.

“I thought that you will start to run away from me again.” He said with a stunning smile.

“You are not a ghost anymore so there is no need for me to run away from you. But if you are a vampire or a werewolf you should tell me now so that I will stay away from you at nights.” I replied him with a smile.

“I am really sure about being a totally ordinary human. Don’t worry.” He said. He made me feel peaceful and relaxed just with his existence again.

We should have walked a lot while talking because we come to the far coast of the beach which I never saw before.

“Let’s sit here a while before we turn back to the camp. It won’t be good if I’ll be late again. You know I already passed my yearly adventure quota last week.” I said to him.

“I totally agree with you. Your sister could be a really scary person if she wants.”

“You didn’t see anything yet. You should see her when the electricity went off just before her favorite drama starts to say that she is a scary person.” I said while laughing and asked

“You learned a lot of things about me and my family but I barely know you. How about you tell me about yourself a bit?” to him. And he started to talk about himself. We must have talked for a long while because the sky was red with the sunset. The beautiful colors were reflecting on the ocean that was surrounding us. Being alone with Donghae in this beautiful environment made my heartbeats to go faster.

Suddenly music started to come from somewhere near. And it wasn’t even just a simple song; it was my favorite song “My Heart Will Go On”. The song was completing the scene so perfectly that I even started to hum the song. Donghae get up and offered his hand to me.

“Would you like to dance, we shouldn’t betray this sunset and the song.” He said. I accepted his offer and found myself in his arms. He was holding me so carefully like I’d break easily and we’re dancing slowly according to the rhythm of the song. I was feeling an emotion I only felt once before. I was very excited and my heart was beating crazily. The first time I felt like this was when I was about to die and he was giving me a kiss of life. We danced through the whole song; I was feeling like I am having a dream. I was so lost in my thoughts that I only realized that the song is over when he whispered

“We should get back to the camp, it will get dark soon.” To me. I shaked my head slowly and we started to walk back to the camp. While we’re walking I started to understand some things in my mind. I was sure about the reason why I always feel weird like this when I’m around him. I fell in love with Kim Donghae.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically I had to make Donghae as Kim Donghae because he is Heechul's brother XD

So the song was the second referance from Titanic (the first one was the Do you trust me dialogue)

I wrote this story for my sister and she is both a huge Titanic movie fan and an elfish. so there will be more references from the movie in the next chapthers. :D

Not edited yet so sorry for the mistakes.

Please comment and share your opinions ^^