Do You Trust Me -Chapter 3-

An Eventful Summer

 

“You’re lost in your thoughts since yesterday, what are you thinking again?” Taemin said and sat next to me.

“She didn’t sleep well last night; it’s probably just the lack of the sleep.” Amber explained before I could speak. How could I possibly sleep after what happened yesterday? I had tried to find a reasonable explanation for what had happened.

“Stop it you two! Why did you come here anyway? What kind of weird idea you got this time Taemin-ah?” I said to them.

“I’m older than you. Why are you talking informally with me? And besides, you’re breaking my heart Jaehyun-ah when did I have weird ideas? Today you all will like what I’m going to suggest.” 

“Huh, spit it out already what kind of suggestion is that Taemin OPPA!!” 

“I dare you all to go to the Dark Cove nearby for cliff diving competition! We’ll swim, have fun and learn who is the bravest among us.”

“Cliff diving huh? Sounds good to me, I’m in!” said Amber enthusiastically.

“By saying cliff diving, how much height are we exactly talking about?” I asked and tried not to sound worried.

The biggest fear of my life has always been height. And I didn’t want anybody in this camp to know about this truth; especially when they were thinking I’m fearless at all.

“Well I don’t exactly know but probably something between 25-30 meters. Why? Are you scared mermaid?”

“I’m not scared from anything. But you should be scared from me OPPA! Or else something bad could happen to you one night” I said with a threatening voice. While Taemin was running away from us Amber and I were laughing uncontrollably. My sister saw us and asked.

“What was so funny? What happened?”  she said. Amber answered her.  

“Just usual stuff Jaehyun did. We’ll go to the dark cove for cliff diving with the others Jihyun unni. Would you like to come with us too?”

 “I have something very important to do for today, thanks to Kyuhyun. Did you just say cliff diving? But Jaehyun has height…” my sister was about to ruin my life with her words so I interrupted

“UNNI, what is that important thing about oppa? I’m really curious!!!” And meanwhile threw her the ‘if you talk about it you you’ll be dead’ look.

I thought my sister got the message when she said

“Ah, last night he had a call from Sooyeon. She came back to Seoul and freaked out when she couldn’t find us. So she is coming to the camp to kill him. But he created some kind of job for himself and Changmin and went to the Town to escape from her. That’s why I have to greet her when she comes.”  

“What!? Cha Sooyeon is coming here! Kyuhyun is already a dead man then. I bet unni will choke him to death this time.” I said.

“I didn’t understand a word of what you’re talking about. Who is Sooyeon? Why are you two so afraid of her?” Amber asked.

“Sooyeon is Kyuhyun’s girlfriend. Actually she is one of the best people on the world but she is just a jealous and attached girlfriend. Basically she is like an angel who turns into a demon when it comes to my brother. She was in Tokyo for a while because of her work. When she came back and couldn’t found us in Seoul she freaked out. And she's coming to the camp to take revenge, so that’s why we’re worried right now.” I explained to her.

“Well that sounds scary, now I'm starting to get worried too.” She said.

“Don’t worry, she only acts like a towards Kyuhyun other than that she is actually a nice person. We all love her as a big sister.” Explained my sister and added

“I should go now, don’t want to make her wait.” And walked away from us.

“Let’s get ready; if we go late Taemin will sure make fun of us.” Amber said and started pulling me.

***                 ****                 ***

The Dark Cove was truly a beautiful place. I’ve never seen such a beautiful beach in my life. I was happy being there actually until the annoying creature called Taemin said that horrifying sentence.

“OK guys it’s time for the cliff diving event. The rules are simple, the one who jumps further will win.” I had no idea about how I will possibly jump over the cliff which was already making me nauseous just by looking at it. While I was thinking about the all possible scenarios in my head, we had already climbed on the top of the cliff. They started to jump and every second the crowd on the top was decreasing. When Amber jumped off the cliff too, I was all alone by myself on the top. I could hear them calling for me and wanting me to jump. I couldn’t even look at them properly, but it’s either I’ll jump or walk back to the beach and endure all of the fun they’re going to make about me.  I closed my eyes and started to get closer to the edge of the cliff, then suddenly I heard a sound behind me. It was probably Taemin or one of the other guys who climbed back to push me. I  turned to see who that is, but the person I saw wasn’t Taemin or someone other from the camp. The person I saw was “him”! the boy I saw in the town yesterday! Either I was hallucinating because of the fear or he was a real person and we really talked yesterday.

I must be looking awful while thinking these because he said

“Sorry, if I scared you.” With a hesitant voice.

“No…. I…. I’m just scared because of the height, that’s why I’m nervous.” Why did I say that to him?! Why? Wasn’t I torturing myself here because I want no one to learn about that? Then why did I just tell it to a person I don’t even know?! I relaxed a bit when I realized he wasn’t looking me with a mocking face but rather an understanding one.

“It’s normal. I was terrified at my first time.” He said.

“Did you jump from here before?

“Yes, we  used to came here a lot with my family, me and my brother jumped countless times from here, until…” he didn’t finished his sentence. Some kind of sadness appeared on his face. I felt a huge itch to comfort the boy whose name I don’t even know. Right, I still don’t know his name; when I was about to ask Taemin’s voice was heard.

“Mermaid, do we have to wait longer for you to jump, or are you scared?” I guess my anger could be seen from my face because the boy spoke.

“You want to jump and prove that you’re not scared, right?” he asked to me and added “I can help you if you want. Do you trust me?” I answered him without hesitation.

“I trust you.”

I didn’t know why but I really trusted this boy.

“Close your eyes, don’t think anything except flying and feeling the wind. Run as fast as you can and jump. It will be over before you even realize.” He explained to me. 

“OK” I said to him and closed my eyes just as he said. Even though I was about to jump now, I didn’t feel scared anymore. I was feeling relaxed and peaceful and it was all thanks to him. I ran with all my power and jumped, and I'd done it. I heard cheering sounds when I reached the surface of the sea. I didn’t only jump but jumped the furthest among all of them and won the competition. I looked to the top of the cliff but couldn’t see anyone. I got out of the water and climbed back to the top as fast as I could but he was nowhere to be found.  He has gone again.

 

I couldn’t enjoy anything we did the rest of the day. This mystery had started to make me nervous. No matter how much I thought about this, I couldn’t find any reasonable explanation at all.

“Come on girls, we’re making a camp fire tonight.” Said my sister to me and Amber.

“Why will there be a camp fire? Are we celebrating something?” Amber asked to her.

“Yeah, we’re celebrating Kyu’s survival. He survived from Sooyeon once again so we’re celebrating it.” She said while smirking. While I’ve been experiencing mysterious (!) events at the cove, Sooyeon unni made my brother suffer a lot and forgave him after that. When we came back to the camp the storm was over and everything had calmed down. And now we were making a big camp fire to have some fun.

When the sky got darker we started to gather around the camp fire. Then Yunho hyung spoke.

“Let’s start one of the best camp fire clichés, which is my favorite of them all.”

 “It’s time to tell horror stories. Let’s tell us about your day Kyu.” Changmin hyung said while smirking.

 “Ha ha, so funny. Why don’t you tell us a good story then?” my brother said.

“Alright, I’m starting. I’ll tell you the story of the ghost of this town. 30 years ago this camping site was used by families not teens like us. One of those families was found dead at the dark cove one day. Only the youngest son of the family was alive and the others were dead. A while later the young boy couldn’t stand his family’s death and committed suicide. He left a note behind which says ‘I’ll come back for the murderer.’ and jumped over the cliff to his death. After that, some mysterious events started to happen in the town. Some people say that the boy’s ghost is still here and seeking for his parents’ revenge.” Changmin hyung ended his story with a deep mystical voice. Everyone was yelling at him because he told us such a crappy story. Everyone except me. I was just thinking about the last 2 days mystery. And when I put the pieces together, I finally realized that the boy I started to like a lot might be a ghost!!!

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that was a pretty long chapter for me and not edited yet so sorry for the mistakes.

Please comment after reading and share your opinions ^^ 

Le Poison: it is edited now, no worries :D sorry if i missed anything~