Freaking Out! (Part 2) - Chapter 5 -

An Eventful Summer

(Jihyun’s P.O.V)

 

“Amber, do you know where Jaehyun is? I couldn’t find her.”

“She went to the town because it was her turn to do the shopping today. She is probably late because of the storm unni.”

“Her turn to do the shopping? But I’m making the list and I’m pretty sure that today is not her turn. It’s Heechul’s turn actually!” I said.

“But Yunho hyung came this morning and said that it’s her turn to go.” Amber said to me. I said

“I see…” to her and got out of her tent. I straightly went to the big cottage we use as a dining hall and where everyone is at for now. I walked into the cottage and searched crowd for my targets then I got near them and said

“Jung Yunho and Kim Heechul could either one of you explain me why did Jaehyun went to the town for shopping when it was your turn to go?!” with a loud voice. Everybody got silent and started to watch us.

“Mmm we… storm was… we could go when its her turn…” they started to stuttering like that.

“Do you know what time is it? And she didn’t come back yet. How could you send a girl alone in this weather? What if something bad will happen to her?” I yelled to them. Heechul tried to act cute to make me calm down but it had no effect on me at all. I had a really bad feeling about this situation and usually when I have this kind of feelings it means something bad would happen.

 

Everyone was there except Amber so I asked

“Did any of you have contact with her after she left?” to them. Sooyeon looked me with a worried expression

“She called me about two hours ago. I wanted her to buy a mosquito repellent spray for me and she called me about that but…”

“But what?” I asked impatiently.

“But she ended the call before I could answer and her voice sounded like she was in a hurry. I called her back a couple times after that but she didn’t answer.” She explained.

“And you’re telling this to me, now?!” I said and take out my phone to call my sister. Just as Sooyeon said her phone was ringing but nobody was answering. I was beyond the point of being anxious and started to panic. We kept calling her phone for a while with Kyuhyun. But after a while her phone stopped ringing and completely went off. It was probably because her battery died but each second the sky was getting darker and storm was getting worse without still any sign from her.

 

Kyu and a lot of the others teamed up as 3 people groups and went to search for her while me and a couple of others stayed at the camp in case she would return before them. But because of the storm got worse and made even walking impossible everyone turned back to the camp a while later. Unfortunately there was still no news from Jaehyun. I went to my cottage to get alone and think for a while. Me and Kyu were the ones know her best but even we run out of the ideas about where could she be. I tried to think again about where could she be and find a clue really hard. While I was thinking alone in my cottage the door had been opened, I turned to look with a huge anticipation but it was just Heechul. Since the time passed and things got serious he and Yunho were sitting at the corner of the dining hall in a complete silence, knowing that it’s their fault.

 

He probably just came to check me and calm me down because that he is my boyfriend but his presence effected me the complete opposite way. And I started yelling at him with the all day’s stress

“How could you still dare to come here? Didn’t your hair get messed up in the rain while you were walking here? How could you be so selfish?” I stopped to let my breath go back to normal.

“Well… I… I’m sorry. I couldn’t know…” he started to explain.

“What you couldn’t have known? That letting a girl go to the town alone in this weather could end up with something bad happening to her? If anything happens to Jaehyun do you know what could I do to you? My sister out there somewhere in this storm because of you, maybe something bad happened to her and you’re just sitting here doing nothing. You know what I wish the missing one would be you instead of her more than anything right now!!” I finally let all my anger out and got silent. He only looked me with shocked eyes for a while after the last thing I said and then get out of the room walking slowly.

 

Actually I regretted it as soon as I said. Yes I was very angry and he was responsible from the things that happened but he couldn’t have known that, this could happen. If he would have known he wouldn’t do it, he likes Jaehyun as much as we do. I just wanted to hurt him at that moment and said those horrible things. As long as I think my regret was getting bigger. I have to find him and say that I didn’t mean any of those words to him. When I went to the dining hall they said he didn’t come back there since he got out to find me. He probably went to his cottage to be alone because of the things I said to him. I went to the cottage he’s sharing with Yunho and found only Yunho inside. I asked

“Yunho oppa do you know where Heechul is?” to him. He looked me with a weird expression and said

“He was here 10 minutes ago but he went out.”

“Where did he go?”

“To the forest, the path leads to the town. He said that he will find Jaehyun no matter what happens to him.” It took me a while to process what I heard  in my brain. It was too much to handle for me for a day. Yunho started to look me with a worried face. His voice sounded like it was coming from miles away when he asked me if I’m okay. I felt like the floor was taken away beneath my feet. I would probably fall to the ground if Yunho didn’t catch me and then everything started to get black.

 

***             *****             ***

(Jaehyun’s P.O.V)

 

I slowly opened my eyes. According to the amount of the pain in my head, I really fall from a cliff while running away from a ghost and hit my head on a rock before I fall into the ocean. I could only remember some images of what happened after that. Seeing the blood mixing with the ocean, my blood… someone else’s falling into the ocean –the ghost kid-… .me getting surprised because of a ghost’s creating bubbles in the water when falls… The ghost’s grabbing my waist and swimming to the shore… can the ghosts be this warm?... the ghost’s controlling my breath and pulse when we reach the shore… can the ghosts feel?... The ghost’s leaning down to me to take the water out of my lungs… Can a drowned not breathing person’s breath be taken away?... or can it be that a ghost is stealing my first kiss?... How could I feel the lips of a ghost on mine this much real?... Can it be because that I’m technically half dead?... can a ghost get afraid of the idea of me being dead and furthermore crying because of that?... and can the ghost’s tears which are falling on my face be this warm and real?... After all of those happened I completely passed out and find myself lying down near a fire in a cave.

After thinking about the things that happened I wasn’t that sure about the boy being a ghost anymore. He saw that I woke up and asked

“Are you okay? Do you remember who you are? I can’t actually confirm that even if you do remember I don’t know your name. Does your head hurts? Are you cold? What were you doing in the forest in this weather? Why did you run away from me?” to me. I said

“Could you slow down a bit or else I will have a concussion not because I hit my head but because of your questions. First of all I think I’m okay generally, my head hurts but I can stand it. And the fire is enough to keep me warm. But I have to ask you something. Are you a ghost and are you from the Park family?” He stunned for a while and with worried eyes asked me

“How bad did you hit your head actually? I am not from any Park family and as much as I know the ghosts are dead. But according to the blood on my arm coming from the scar I had while trying to save you proves that I’m alive. So as far as I know I’m not a ghost. And my name is not Park as I said. It’s Kim, Kim Donghae. Maybe you can tell me your name and the story behind this ghost thing.”

I thought about what he said and it made sense to me. Although it could still made sense to me if he would claim himself to be a vampire too. I was so ready to believe him. And finally I learned his name. Donghae, he has a really beautiful name. I totally forgot that he is still waiting for an answer while lost in my own thoughts.

“My name is Jaehyun, Cho Jaehyun and this ‘ghost thing’ is a long story.” I answered him.

“You have a really nice name Jaehyun, we can’t get out of the cave till the storm is over so I guess we have a lot of time for your story.” He said and smiled to me. Oh god his smile was making me feel dizzy, or it could be just the wound on my head.

I started the whole story of me thinking that he was a ghost. When I finished telling him the story we both were laughing. I risked both of our lives for nothing technically but he wasn’t mad at me at all.

“But you caused this misunderstanding too. Why did you get lost suddenly every time we come across each other?” I asked to him. He was about to answer my question but we heard someone calling my name from outside. I realize that moment that it’s almost dawn and that my sister and brother probably freaked out of curiosity. The person who was yelling my name got closer probably saw the light of the fire and finally get into the cave. It was Heechul hyung but I couldn’t recognize him before he got closer to the fire. There was mud everywhere on him and he was soaking wet. His eyes got bigger when he saw me and hugged me tightly.

“Finally I found you Jaehyun-ah what happened? Are you okay? Everyone at the camp worried about you. How did you survive in this storm?” he asked to me. I can see how much he worried about me from his face and voice. I started to explain everything to him

“Actually I fall from the cliff, hit my head on a rock, nearly drowned but my new friend here saved me and took me here.” and pointed Donghae. Heechul hyung looked like he has just realized that we are not alone in the cave. He looked towards where Donghae is and a shocked expression appeared on his face.

“Donghae?”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the second part of the spooky chapter (although this one was not spooky at all XD )

Finally we learned that the mysterious boy is Donghae :D

As always this is not edited and sorry about my mistakes ( I believe one day my lovely co-author Poison will find some time and edit these)

Please comment and share your opinions ^^