The Smell of Victory -Chapter 1 -

An Eventful Summer

              

I woke up because of the noises coming from the kitchen. I was feeling like I just slept minutes ago and tired so I waited a while untill I felt fully awake. When I got up from my bed I realized that the noises were coming from my brother and sister. Who else could it be, I thought. They were quarrelling and it could be about anything. Well I know that I myself am not the type of person that everyone could get along with either but it was obvious that these two would never ever need a reason to start a fight. Actually in their weird, wicked own universe fighting was just a way to show their love for each other. I understood that with years of observation. Sometimes it could be really annoying being the maknae of the family when you have a sister 5 years older and a brother 8 years older than you. But usually I could be so challenging to them that they just ignored me instead of dealing with a monster like me.

I wasn’t hearing my brother’s voice anymore it seemed like only my sister was talking and he was listening to her. And that means my sister had won their argument. I wasn’t surprised at all. When people look at her they think she is the most dignified and the wisest amongst three of us. But she was actually just sneaky. She always knew what to do just to win a fight or an argument. I decided to go to the kitchen and learn the reason of today’s fight.

“Is there anything else that I hate more than waking up in mornings because of the screaming coming from you two?” I said while I entered the kitchen. As I looked at my sister's face which looked like she was fighting the urge to raise a victory laughter, my theory of her winning the argument seemed to be true. I was just about to ask them the topic of today’s argument, but I got my answer when my sister Jihyun spoke.

“Get yourself together and pack your things Jaehyun-ah. We are going for camping to Busan with brother too.” Suddenly my love for my sister increased enormously. Every year my brother Kyuhyun went to Busan for camping with his friends and every year we stayed in Seoul. Moreover, unlike him, me and my sister loved the ocean and being at the seaside. Even though he knew that very well too, we had never been able to convince him to take us to the camp before.

“Just this once, don’t get too eager.” Said Kyuhyun and left the room with anger. I was standing bewildered after him. For he accepted to take us with him and was this angry at the same time, my sister must have used secret trump card just like I'd guessed. 

“Jihyun-ssi would you mind telling me what have you done to Kyuhyun-ssi?” I asked to her with a fake formality in my voice.

“Ahh it was so easy, that’s the reason of him being this angry right now. He put himself into this situation.” Said, my sister. I couldn’t say that I quite understood anything from that explanation so I asked.

“Could you be more specific?”

“He lost his driving license because he was caught driving drunk last month as you might remember. And everybody go to the camp with their own cars. So our parents said that he can’t drive without a driving license and they will only let him go if I drive the car.” She said, in one breath.

“But our parents didn’t know that he lost his driving license.” I said with a doubtful voice. While we were living in Seoul as three siblings, our parents were living in New York because of their company. And because of that if we wanted to keep something a secret from them, it was never a hard thing at all.

“Somebody blabbered about it.”  She said while pointing at herself and smirking. That was exactly the reason why I usually tried to be on the same side with her in an argument. She could do anything just to win and because nobody would ever think that she could do such things, she could easily get away with that. But this time I wasn't shocked that much because of her actions. I was one of the winners anyway. And no matter what we did, our brother couldn’t stay angry with us for a long time.

I knew very well that my sister didn’t make all this effort just for our love for the ocean. Kyuhyun’s friends were usually people older than him. One of those people, a guy 2 years older then my brother and my brother’s best friend at the same time, was Kim Heechul. Heechul hyung or as most of us call him Heenim, was one of the most popular and handsome guys from their school. He was living in our neighborhood alone so basically he was with us almost all the time. His parents died in an accident and his brother was living in Europe since then. We all knew that he had a brother but we had never seen him in person because of that. Jihyun and Heenim had been dating for 2 years and he was probably the main reason of my sister’s big interest in going to the camp. But I only cared about the result. While they were dealing with each other I would be having fun with the sun, sand and the ocean for a whole month.  

While I was packing my things, I was getting the last informations from my sister about our trip. Except us and Heenim Changmin, Hyukjae, Jaejoong, Leeteuk hyungs and Jieun, Suzy, Jessica, Jiyeon unnis were going to go there from Seoul. And of course they had friends from the campsite too. Kangin, Shindong, Yoochun, Taemin, Minho hyungs and Eunjung, Yoona, Sunny, Amber, Luna unnis were going to be there, coming from different parts of the country. We were going to be a huge group this year. Unlike my brother and sister I didn’t know the people coming from out of Seoul, I only heard about them. But it wasn’t a problem for me; I wasn’t a shy person at all. And I could make new friends easily. So, more people coming to the camp meant only more fun to me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that this chapter is short but this one is kind of like an introduction so thats why. 

Next chapters will be longer. 

Trust me, the longer they are, the more hilarious they will be. Poison out <3