Unexpected Encounter & Feelings Hurt

The One I Love

Chapter 9

Unexpected Encounter and Feelings Hurt

 

…Tilting my head up I stare at the culprit that made Shin Hye freeze and I soon follow. Right in front to me is YongHwa with an unreadable expression, but I’m sure thousands of thoughts are running through his mind at the moment. He’s expression remains cool and unreadable behind him I finally notice Jonghyun and at his side Jiwon. My heart stops for a moment causing my chest to tighten. It hurts but I don’t dare to show it and keep the shock expression on my face. Shin Hye breaks the silence.

“What are you guys doing here!” she exclaims over the booming music. I can feel her panic just a little and I mean it’s not like we were doing anything bad.

“I could ask you the same thing,” YongHwa replied his words icy cold.

I slightly shivered and tried to remove myself from the middle just as Shin Hye linked her arm around mine stared YongHwa square in the eye and said in her own icy tone, “Having  a girl’s night out.”

For whatever reason tension seemed to be building up and I refused to look at Jonghyun’s direction but it felt even weirder being in the middle of Shin and Yong’s fight. Before waiting for a reply Shin Hye pulled me and said, “Gaja, it’s time to go home.” I took out my phone and looked at the time 1:45 am. I nodded and she pulled me along. Once outside I could tell she was pissed… no pissed couldn’t even cover it, she seemed so mad I could see her veins popping along her temple. Reaching her home she slammed the car door shut and stalked inside. Good thing her parents had gone off on a trip or her slamming the doors would have woken them up.

“Who does he think he is,” she shrieked, “How, could he go clubbing without letting me know!!! I mean I went too, but we were having a girl’s night out just you and me yet he went with another girl.”

She was rambling on now and couldn’t seem to stop. I was surprised at her outburst but I guess the way YongHwa talked to her kind of set her off. You see the thing with Shin Hye is if you give her attitude or speak to her in an icy or y way she will respond in the same way. When she asked YongHwa why he was there she said it in a shock and slightly frightened voice yet YongHwa responded coldly causing her to become aggressive. I tried calming her down.

“Shin Hye calm down its okay YongHwa was with Jonghyun and it wasn’t just any girl it was Jiwon and if you haven’t noticed she’s actually interested in Jonghyun, didn’t you see her standing right next to him.”

After hearing this she calmed down and hugged me. “Mianhae, it must have been hard on you.”

I didn’t say anything, instead I stood up and undressed put on my pjs and walked to the bathroom where I proceeded to remove my make-up. Shin Hye followed it was currently 2:30 but we felt gloomy.

“Do you think YongHwa will be upset?”

“Probably, you know he hates when you go to the clubs.”

“Well whose fault is that!? He doesn’t like to dance and the few times we’ve gone together he ruins the mood.”

“Well that’s what happens when you date the most gorgeous girl in school.” “Besides he is just over protective he really does love you I can see it in the way he looks at you.”

“Chincha?”

“Chincha”

“If only he wasn’t so jealous I mean even when I only dance with girls if he sees a guy try to approach he wants to go home.”

“Shin Hye give him time. I mean after dating for almost 4 years you would think that he would know that you only have eyes on him, but maybe he can’t stand the thought that even after knowing you have a bf boys still try to get with you.”

“Well it’s stupid and I’ve told him, besides what about him. He is also very popular he has dozens of fan girls after him and not just from our school but from others as well and do I get mad or jealous? NO I understand and believe that he wouldn’t hurt me.”

“You’re an actress of course you can hide it, but he can’t I guess that’s why you guys suit each other. You can remain cool even after he loses his temper. Besides you guys always talk things out so I wouldn’t worry too much.”

After finishing our conversation we went down for some ice cream and dozed of around 4.

We woke up with headaches the clock on her night stand read 9. Great just 5 hours of sleep I tried to doze off again but sleep wouldn’t come I slowly crept out of bed and headed towards the kitchen I checked my phone and noticed 2 missed calls from Yong and 3 messaged from Jonghyun. I poured myself a glass of water and while I took a sip with one hand I called back YongHwa with the other.

ring ring ring “Yoboseyo”

“You called?”

“……Deh…… how is she.”

“Molla, why don’t you call her and find out.”

“Yah don’t be like that.”

I can tell he is irritated and try not to laugh.

“She’s okay don’t worry about it, she was pretty upset last night but I managed to cheer her up so don’t worry. Stop being so harsh besides it was just the two of us and I took good care of her you can trust me oppa.” I left out the part where she actually protected me more than I did her.

“Mianhae and komawo.”

“Don’t worry and next time you take her clubbing Arasseo”

He chuckled before hanging up. Next I read Jonghyun’s messages.

Are you awake?

 Where are you? I’m outside your apartment.

I really need to talk to you.

I quickly responded with I’m at Shin Hye’s and well talk later.    

As I began preparing breakfast, pancakes and bacon with orange juice, Shin Hye walked in.

“Breakfast yeah! I’m famished.” I rolled my eyes and served her and then served myself.

“So….. How was last night did you enjoy the club?”

“Actually I did. It’s been a while since we had some time to ourselves and dancing the night away seemed to reenergize me! We should do it again…-.” I was going to say something else but caught myself quickly.

I could tell she wanted to talk about Jonghyun and Jiwon but she was hesitant.

“Do you think he noticed? I mean how, could he not. You were absolutely stunning last night.”

“Molla, he texted me actually and wants to meet up.”

“Then go already,” she said.

I looked at her with mock hurt and was about to ask her why she was kicking me out when we heard a knock on the door.

“Coming,” Shin Hye hollered as she made her way to open the door. I got up as well and followed her.

Her eyes glared a little at the visitor before she turned and said come in.

YongHwa followed behind her and I closed the door.

“Well”, I said, “Since I’ve got things to do I’ll be taking my leave now.”

Shin glared at me over Yong’s shoulder smirking at her I walked out. When I was outside I mentally cursed. I still had my pjs on and I didn’t feel like going back inside so I slowly made my way to my apartment complex.

JONGHYUN POV

I couldn’t stop replaying last night event in my head. After I had cancelled my plans with Rae in order to help Jiwon with a erted old ajusshi I headed home to the apartment I shared with YongHwa. It was 7:45 so I decided to take a shower and afterwards practice playing. Around 8:30 YongHwa came home and we cooked dinner. We were about to start practicing again when a message from Jiwon came saying she wanted to go clubbing.  

I sighed but since I didn’t want anything to happen to her I agreed and asked hyung to come with me. At first he refused, but gave in when I offered to wash his clothes for a week. You see both of us aren’t really party people and we especially didn’t go clubbing.

 We arrived to the club around 11:45 and it was packed. Instead of heading to the bar we made our way to the opposite direction and found a table to sit in. Jiwon began swaying in her seat and I wasn’t long before she asked me to the floor I sighed and gave YongHwa a pleading look so he followed after just three songs I went back to our seats YongHwa close behind. We decided to go get some refreshment at the bar and Jiwon followed not wanting to be left alone.

When we finished purchasing our drink hyung turned around and stared at the mass of people dancing on the dance floor from the bar. I noticed his eyes widen and he began walking to the dance floor heading towards someone. I was shocked when I saw Shin Hye there was a girl dancing with her and stopped when she noticed Shin Hye’s shocked expression. When she turned she bumped into YongHwa since he was to close and I froze when I noticed who it was.

Rae was there and she looked stunning she looked over at me and Jiwon for a moment than only focused on Yong and Shin since she was between them. After only a few words were exchanged between YongHwa and Shin Hye the girls left.

YongHwa turned quickly to follow but I stopped him and shook my head. He pulled his wrist out of my grasp and headed home.

“Come one, were going home.” I told Jiwon

Rae POV

I reached my apartment and was unlocking my door when Joon walked out of his. I tried not to feel embarrassed about my outfit as he walked by, yet he didn’t say anything. I quickly rushed inside and got changed. I quickly texted Jonghyun and told him to meet me at the Ice cream shop down the block from School.

I put on a black t-shirt some blue jeans and my converse and walked out. I saw him already waiting and rushed inside. The atmosphere felt awkward and I didn’t know what to say so I remained silent he had already ordered our ice cream cups on the table. Mint chocolate chip for me and   vanilla for him, we picked at the ice cream in silence until I suggested we went for a walk instead since it was a bit crowded.

“What were you doing there? I never thought you were that type of girl.”

Was he mad?  “Um since  you cancelled on me I called Shin Hye and planned a girl’s night out I don’t see what was so wrong with that and why everyone is so upset and what about you,” I retorted, “ last time I saw you, you said you were going to help Jiwon not go clubbing with her.”

I froze it came out much harsher than I intended but I couldn’t help myself I was upset and felt that I would explode at any moment, but when I looked at him I froze and wish I could take back those words.

He was mad his glare told me that much but I wasn’t ready to hear the next words that escaped his lips.

“I thought I knew you, but I guess not. You never really seemed to be like this before and I was helping Jiwon and you should be too. She’s still new it’s been barely a month since she arrived yet you don’t even try to help her, you’re always avoiding her.  You call it a Girl’s Night Out than why didn’t you invite her. True she was having a problem but you could still have asked her to come if she had time.” He practically yelled the last sentence.

 What was this… my eyes began to sting. How could he have changed in just one month I no longer knew this person?  Why was he protecting her he’s known me longer and before I could stop myself I shouted back at him, “Why are you mad, huh the one who should be mad is me you’ve stood me up countless time and sometimes don’t even bother responding to my messages not only that but because of you we haven’t been able to have a decent practice. I thought you said music was your life yet you sometimes aren’t there for practices or you leave early not only that but the competition is just 3 months away we haven’t even chosen the songs that were going to play yet you run off and go clubbing.” I regretted the instant I said those last words.

“Don’t pretend to care about music, when all you do is just sing yet there is no real soul in your voice truthfully you don’t even like music all you care about is art and spend your time there and when you are practicing you’re constantly asking what to do next.”

I stopped and looked at him from behind him I noticed a few pedestrians had stopped but scurried off when the say me cry. I tried to control the tears but they wouldn’t stop so I quickly turned around and ran I kept running till my feet gave out and I collapsed at the entrance to my apartment door.

I closed my eyes and let my forehead lean against the door until I felt a pair of hands clasp around my shoulder and a voice whisper “Gwenchana?”

 

 

 

Sooooo what do you guys think!!!! Totally unexpected right I can’t wait till the band battle just a couple of chapter ahead maybe 3 or 4!!!! Please anticipate it. yes we see alot of SHIN HYE her i felt like i neglected her a bit in the last 2 chapters not including chapter 8. tsk tsk jonghyun in truth was really jealous and didnt know  how to express himself lets see how he fares after this fight. I Know i promised to update before Friday Night ended but i felt kinda bad since i didnt update in 3 months so i hoped you guys enjoyed this chapter and ill still update friday with chapter 10!!!