Avoiding

The One I Love

Chapter 10

Avoiding

 

….. I felt a pair of hands clasp around my shoulders and a voice whisper “Gwenchana?”

I slowly turned my head around a saw Shin Hye and behind her YongHwa.

“What are you guys doing here I say through a muffled voice. I can feel my voice begin to crack and my eyes tear up but I try to hold back the tears as best as I can.

Shin Hye glanced at YongHwa as he said “Jonghyun texted me, saying you two got in a fight and he made you cry.”

I stayed quiet and Shin Hye gentle guided me up till I was standing.

“What’s wrong”

“Don’t worry about unnie, it was a meaningless stupid fight. I might not be at lunch tomorrow or in class.”

“Wae! If it’s just a meaningless fight then why do you have to do that?”

“Rae, don’t listen to Jonghyun right now he doesn’t know what his doing.”

“Don’t worry guys really I’m ok”

Just than we heard a ding and the elevators opened, though I already knew he lived next to me I was still surprised to see Joon walk out. YongHwa and Shin Hye must have been as equally surprised because they stared at him. He didn’t seem to be paying attention to his surroundings as he checked his phone until Shin Hye called to him.

“Hello? Aren’t you Sung Joon.”

“Yes,” came his reply

“what are you doing here?”

He looked around the hall way and then looked back at Shin Hye “Me? I live here why.”

Shin Hye head whipped to face me all I did was shrug and tried to hid my tear streaked face behind my hair.

“Are you finished making preparations for the band battle,” YongHwa asked

“I’m almost done what about you.”

“I need to make a few musical arrangements before im done.”

It felt weird to see them both talking to each other. In all truth there was no really tension just a friendly rivalry between to bands that enjoyed making music. Nothing really hostile but whereas YongHwa was out going and girls flocked him everywhere Joon was more serious and his fans tended to fan girl about him in silence following him around but not making squealing noises.

Joon then turned and went inside to his apartment all of a sudden feeling tired I bid farewell to Shin Hye and YongHwa walked inside my apartment complex and cried some more. As the night drew near it began to thunder, lightning streaked across the sky and to make matters worse the power went out. I stayed in bed and catch glimpses of lightning streaking across the sky. Thunder rumbles in the distance but soon it draws near making the apartment feel like its rumbling as well.  The rain begins to fall strongly it hits the windows hard and rattles them I drew my knee to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. I watched as the thunderstorm raged on after a while the heavy showers turned to a light drizzle and I drifted to a restless sleep.

I awoke to my alarm blearing at 7:15 am sighing I got up and made my way to the shower I the hot water and let it burn my skin. Soon the bathroom fogged and my skin adjusted to the heat after I finished showering I got ready and headed to the college. I walked slowly dreading every step I took and when I finally reached my destination I wanted to turn around and head home. I just wanted to turn my back on everything and disappeared into the comfort of my bed, but I couldn’t so I took in a deep breath and headed into campus. I arrived to class just as the bell rang, but instead of taking my usually seat in the back I sat behind a boy closes to the door. He seemed familiar and I realized it was L from DA band. He had his earphones plugged in and appeared to be writing something in his journal. For the remainder of the period I doodled on my sketchbook and tried to ignore to the best of my ability Jonghyun, YongHwa, and Shin Hye though I could feel their eyes on me. When the bell ranged I raced out and headed towards art.

I loved art it helped me escape from my miserable reality and I was momentarily happy. I continued working on my portrait of Shin and Yong even after the dismissal bell for lunch rang. I lingered a few more minutes before backing up and heading to the practice room instead.

Jonghyun POV

I arrived to class and slid into my sit a few seconds later Shin Hye and YongHwa joined me.

Shin Hye was out right glaring at me but I ignored her I couldn’t bother to deal with her YongHwa on the other hand I couldn’t avoid.

“Have you apologized yet,” he asked

I shook my head no

“Than what are you waiting for.” I didn’t reply and stayed silent the warning bell had already rung and Rae still wasn’t here I kept looking at the door waiting for her to come in. A few seconds before the final bell rang signaling the beginning of class she walked in, but she didn’t sit with us instead she sat behind DA’s guitarist L. I kept staring at her back the reminder of class, but as soon as the bell rang dismissing us she disappeared.

“You better apologize to her and soon or else,” came Shin Hye’s warning

“Look this isn’t any of your business and I’m talking to the both of you.” I glared at both while saying it in an icy tone and left. Shin Hye and YongHwa followed. I felt a pair of hands grab my hands and spin me around.

“Yah! Look here Jonghyun it is my business because Rae is my friend and I won’t let you hurt her, so whatever it is you guys fought over you better fix it and now.” I could tell she was pissed but I was also getting upset so I turned and left.

Had I really messed up? I kept thinking about everything and couldn’t concentrate. I decided to talk to her during lunch but she never showed up, so I decided to look for her in her art class. When I arrived the room was empty the only other place she could be in would be the band room or the library since she only went to the band room during practice sessions I thought the library was my best bet and headed there, still no sign of her getting frustrated I messaged her. Nothing I tried three more times. No reply. I called her and each time it would ring and then sent me straight to voicemail. Utterly frustrated and tired I headed to third period.

Rae POV

As I headed to the practice room my phone rang. 3 new messages from Jonghyun I ignored them three minutes later my phone begins to vibrate he is calling I continue to let my phone vibrate till he is sent to voicemail this happens three more times and I ignore those as well. I was going into our practice room when I heard music coming from 2 doors down the hall. I walked into DA practice room and peeked inside. They were practicing and tuning up their instruments.

“Well hello there are you lost.” Startled I turned and looked at L who was standing behind me with drinks in his hands.

“I’m Sorry I was just listening.”

“Spying on us.” His eyes glimmered with a sense of danger and fear began to consume me he smirked at me before pushing me inside.

“ummm I’m not spying on you, besides I’m no longer part of that band I quiet …I’m going to… later….”

“Then why don’t you join ours.” Joon said as he stood and walked over to where L and I stood.

“Hey hyung don’t make rash decisions shouldn’t we discuss this first.” Said L

“We need the extra voice don’t we also wasn’t it you who suggested in recruiting a new member.”

“…”

“So will you join us?”

 

Soooooooo what do you guys think??? Ahh I feel so bad because I updated so late.. . anyways since I made you guys wait two weeks the next chapter will be uploaded later today or Saturday afternoon I already began writing it and the first three paragraphs are done.sorry if its a bit short the next one will a bit longer.